Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Oh god please don't use that lance. I had to re-make my TM grind macro because people that dualwield that lance cause the attack animation to last way too long, so when it picked a friend with that setup, it got out of sync...

As for if it's actually good or not... not really. It does nothing for limits or skills, which is all that really matters.
The TM macro I'm using doesn't have the friend attack, Just Top-left and Bottom-Left.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
If it's your best lance, then for sure use it! The animation delay can easily be worked around :)

As for TM macros, I'm still working on excalibur, so I like a macro that uses limits when possible. I couldn't find one that did everything I wanted, so I just make my own now. Once my excaliburs finish, I'll probably edit the macro more for speed instead of using limits, since no one else's limits really matter much. Since I don't lapis refresh, the thing holding me back on TM farming is energy regen, not time per run, so it doesn't matter much either way.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh god please don't use that lance. I had to re-make my TM grind macro because people that dualwield that lance cause the attack animation to last way too long, so when it picked a friend with that setup, it got out of sync...

As for if it's actually good or not... not really. It does nothing for limits or skills, which is all that really matters.

Pretty much this. I would absolutely use an aurora scarf if I had a Lightning just for lulz, but the twinlance does nothing for you outside of autoattacks. I'm using it now, but that's only because I'm pretty sure the dark damage of the demon scythe would actually lower her damage in pvp despite the much higher atk. Not that it matters too much this week with me blasting my enemies into paste with dc meteor spam though.

*edit*

My last 13 pro awakening runs have netted me 31 sacreds. Don't know if they changed the drop rate or if I'm just on the most amazing hot streak, but this is fantastic. Don't even have Locke to 80 yet either.

Last edited:

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I use Demon Scythe in PVP, not sure why you think it would lower your DPS. The only unit it doesn't do well against is CoD. Maybe I'm just having better luck because I use Demon Scythe on Lightning and Deathbringer on Gilgamesh to chain dark element. If there's CoD I just use their wind attacks and I still clear everything pretty easily.

I guess I shouldn't mention I'm working on my second Blade Mastery since I have gotten so many Chizuru's lol.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I was looking at future upgrades, and Garland will have 1026 atk with only 2 TM's (doublehand and a +30 atk accessory (champion belt, bracer, or star gloves) after his enhancements.

Suppose that's why he's labeled as the strongest budget unit.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Is elza fine to focus on as a primary DPs? My team will end up being elza / Cecil / tilith / someone / someone. Currently I have arc, exdeath, vaan and baartz as candidates. Also have a 2nd tilith and refia. Thoughts?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Elza's the highest dps of your roster, yeah. I'd slot in Refia over Tilith (until her 6* upgrade months down the road). Exdeath and Bartz would be your best for the two open slots. Drop Exdeath for Rain 6* in about 2-3 weeks when he releases, so you have a good fullbreaker.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Elza is so amazing as a friend unit. Clearing explores with her is just set and forget. Frankly I think maybe I should put mine up even if she is 50 atk lower than my Lightning.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Cool, so my final team will be Cecil elza tilith refia bartz? I won't have atk break? Do I need the bartz elixer trick? Also should I focus on lb pumping Cecil first?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You don't want to level both Refia and Tilith. You definitely want an ATK breaker. Vaan for breaking but I guess if Rain 6* is coming in two weeks then you should level him instead.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
You want Tilith or Refia, not both. The Bartz mp refill thing is an option, but he does decent personal dps too (for a non-5* base). For offensive breaks, you want Rain (after his upgrade), or you could level Vaan now, but I think it's a waste of resources to level up Vaan when Rain's superior upgrade is so close to release.

I think dedicating time and effort to maxing Cecil's limit break isn't worth it, but others think it's very important. Have to make the call yourself to hold him at a low level or not.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
It may be worth it but he's a 3* base (WHICH I DO NOT HAVE YET GRRR) and he's so useful in both arena and pve I'd just level him if I were you and wait until you get another one to focus on his LB.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Am I missing something with his lb? He is already almost 5* max. My tilith is already 5 max too so I have access to her awesome buffs. I will sideline refia then and concentrate on rain? I also have warrior of light.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Cecil's LB at 6* does baseline +50% to atk/def/spr for 3 turns. If you maxed it out to rank 25, it would increase to +70%. Leveling a LB from 1-25 on a 6* unit would take an eternity of grinding, and is generally not realistic. The catch is, you can partially level it while he's lower level, which takes a lot less time per rank (they carry over when promoted).

So really, the choice is do you keep Cecil at low level for 1-3 months while you work on his LB, all so you can get an extra ~10% stats for a few turns, or do you level him now and get immediate use from a strong unit. Also keep in mind there's much better sources of that buff down the road, and they don't stack (for example Ramza's +100% all stats song post-enhancement).

Warrior of Light is excellent after his 6* upgrade, and can replace Cecil, but they both have perks in different scenarios, and you want both leveled to use as needed.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Gotcha.... So if I use tilith for her 40% atk def spr mag buff anyway then maybe wol will be more useful since in guessing Cecil's lb doesn't stack. If I use wol then i get a full break and can bring in exdeath elza and bartz?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Generally the big difference between WoL and Cecil is that WoL can bring breaks (as well as super 45% breaks at 6*), while Cecil can bring very powerful healing support. If you have breaks covered, Cecil is better. If you need breaks, WoL is better.

WoL's 6* form is still a ways off, at least a month, maybe more.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I should probably level Rain as I don't have a 6* Full Breaker, only Elza...but I really don't feel like it lol.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
With tilith I feel like I have healing covered. I'll get Cecil to 5 max and focus on WoL then since my team slacks an atk break