Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm going to use my colosseum boss team (Lightning, Charlotte, Tellah, Kefka, Lenna) with friend whale Lightning for Babel and I think it's still going to be rough clearing ELT without any TMs. Would prefer Cecil as my tank but even if I get multiples of him it's hard to justify awakening one to 6* only to throw it away once another one gets to LB level 10 or 15.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Having two Cecil's at 6* isn't a terrible idea though. There's some stuff down the road where two tanks is useful, and having 75% x2 chances to guard your squishies, and 75% chance to guard each other is a whole lot of mitigation.

The elite exploration isn't super important though if our teams aren't up to the power level required yet. The only reward is a trust moogle, and while it's a great reward, in reality it's only 1-2 days worth of TM farming (spread among a team of 5).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well I bought Cecil's 6* mats this morning, which means I'm definitely not going to pull him during his banner. Still need 1 more fire megacryst for barfira, but I'll just go get that from Westersand I guess, since I could potentially get every megacryst EXCEPT fire from the monastery exploration. Event has been pretty insane for helping a newer player get caught up. 2* every esper, enough megacrysts for 3 hero rings (plus all the other types of megacrysts for when I need them), and around 30 ranks.

Don't know if I'm actually gonna run enough pro awakening to bother tracking mats, I just awakened Kain and only need 1 more drop to awaken Rydia, but I did get 4 sacreds from my last run.

Kaou

Molten Core Raider
should i pull for cecil? currently running lighting, exdeath, lenna, WOL and cod.... im not even sure who to replace. lol

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
should i pull for cecil? currently running lighting, exdeath, lenna, WOL and cod.... im not even sure who to replace. lol
Smarter people than I should chime in... but I wouldn't. WoL/CoD get 6* soon, and you don't NEED 6* cecil for any current content.

Kaou

Molten Core Raider
i already bench exdeath 50% of the time for kefka@331 mag.
yea, i think i'll just do dailies for the cheap pulls, but wont do any real investing.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
From what I hear, WoL won't be getting a 6* for a long time, so Cecil is the best tank for a while. However, Global hasn't been following the same release as JP so who knows. Cecil also has the best weapon TM in Excalibur, so if you are into TM grinding, there's that also.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
IMO you'd have to be crazy to not grab Cecil when you have the chance. His non-banner rate id well under 1%, and the banner should be around 12%. Even if you don't have a use for him now, pull anyway and get at least one 3* and raise his LB to 10 while working on the TM.

Personally I'm hoping to end up with 4-5 Cecils. One to 6* now, one to get to LB 10 (or 15 if we ever get access to a decent source of LB pots) then 6*, and the rest to combine for TMs once the % adds up. At some point down the road, the biggest goal will be to get Orlandu and slap two Excaliburs on him.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Since Nox still doesn't work I decided to start up a fresh alt account with memu. On my second reroll I get Lightning in my first 6 pulls, but I can't get Agrias on my main account. :-/

*edit*

need a couple friends 417 176 040

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
1 half priced summon and 9 tickets to get Cecil. Not too bad considering how epic he is, and I got a few decent pulls during it. I'm still going to do half priced pulls for a while on this banner as well, hopefully for 1-2 more Cecils, or a Rosa.

My pulls:
3* Krile
3* Galuf
4* Luna
4* Garnet (new)
3* Luna
4* Rydia
3* Fran
3* Edge
4* Freya (new)
3* Cecil (victory!)

I kinda went spastic and in my joy of getting Cecil, I fed him all my saved limit break pots along with the cactuars to level him. That was a dumb move, since if I get another Cecil from daily pulls, he's gonna be the one to sit at level 3 to grind LB, and pots woulda been better used on him, but eh, it was only 4 LB pots, and they seem common enough from the maze (I farmed like 15 from the maze event, but fed a bunch to Lenna because I didn't have room to store them at the time... also dumb).

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Had one ticket from the daily login, that plus my welfare pull = Edge and Edge.

Not a great start to the week.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I know conventional wisdom is to only do half of pulls until the last day before spending but I used my only ticket, the half off pull and an 11x pull. Only one banner unit in all of that but it was Paladin Cecil. He was the only unit I wanted so I'm happy. I'm just going to sit on my leftover Lapis for now. I'm not even going to do the daily pulls.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Wow, Golbez on Elite is craziness. I cleared it, but talk about the closest victory ever, with my team 1 turn from death, and the last hit of CoD's barrage doing the final sliver of Golbez's life. I used a full team of 5* units, and a 6* whale Lightning friend. I originally was going to wait until I finished maxing out Cecil to tank, but after watching some other videos, I realized it's all about blitzing them down, not trying to sustain multiple turns with tanks. I used:

Cloud of Darkness -- Barrage dps w/ man-eater
Agrias -- Full breaker (though it has heavy resistance, I still thought the 30% chance of it landing was worth it, but maybe it wasn't)
Bartz -- Barrage dps (let's be honest though, he spent most of the battle dead, paralyzed, or stoned)
Lenna -- Healer w/ cheer
Tellah -- Support w/ bar-spells
Friend: Lightning superwhale

Video of my kill:

Now to spend the rest of these two weeks maxing Cecil, Garnet, Kain, Edge, and then working on some TM's. Nice change of pace not having to spend all my energy on the event since this one is clear once and you're done.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
isn't the resistance to full break just a partial effectiveness not "it won't work at all until it lands multiple times"?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The break resist is all or nothing, per break. For these bosses with around ~70% break resistance, when you fullbreak, all 4 of the breaks each get their own 30% chance to land. If it lands, that specific stat break works at full power, if it resists, it does nothing. It's very much a gamble to use on bosses like these, because you risk entirely wasting your turn (aside from the 1.6x damage FB deals), but you also have the chance to do something like break their magic or atk, which severely lowers their damage.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The Elite looks very tough but doable. I'm just going to wait a few days before giving it a try.

The past few weeks of nothing but grind events have left some of my Units woefully unprepared and I'm taking this opportunity to catch up. My Tellah and Rydia are both still in their 4 star forms in the upper 50's so I need to max them and then spend a day in the Awakening Vortex gathering materials for them before going back to leveling them. I know it's popular to keep Cecil at his 3 star form to make leveling his Limit Break easier but I'm going full steam ahead on him. I want to get him capped as a 5 star as soon as possible so I can Awaken him next time we get an event with 6 star materials.

My 6 star team is looking pretty solid though. I have Paladin Cecil as a Tank. Cloud of Darkness, Chizuru and Bartz as physical damage. Exdeath as Magic along with Terra and Kefka but they won't get their 6 star forms for awhile yet. I'll probably need to use Rain as a Support since I haven't been able to pull a Full Break unit yet. So I've got a nice assortment of 6 star units but Cecil is the only one who is able to be Awoken today and I lack the Materials for it right now.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
By the way, is anyone doing Trust Mastery macros? If so is there a walkthrough out there? I've got some solid TM units but the idea of farming this crap manually is nauseating. I just did what most people do and created a team with good TM units and use that team to clear out my daily Story and Exploration quests for the 50 Lapis (Vortex for Awakening materials when it doesn't conflict with other priorities).