Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Well, tried ELT again, this time realizing that my whale Lightning friend has Barrage equipped. "LOL" about sums it up. Killed the first four in one round each this time, then Golbez in two. I did get somewhat lucky in that the friend Lightning resisted paralyze, so I was able to LB with mine and follow it up with another Barrage from the whale.

Now to turn on the TM macro for a week.

What was your setup and how much attack did your whale friend have?

I've got a Lightning with 536 attack and Barrage on my list. I'm wondering if that would do it for me.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
BTW is Land of Plenty coming back again? I'm gonna feel really stupid for steadily working on these fine/superior blades if I'm not gonna get another chance to get the shining splendor recipe.

*edit*

Also, does this game have a reverse charm bangle anywhere? I could spend the whole goddamn day doing coast xp runs without running out of energy.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What was your setup and how much attack did your whale friend have?

I've got a Lightning with 536 attack and Barrage on my list. I'm wondering if that would do it for me.
I wanted to make a video of it but MEmu crashed when I stopped the one I lost earlier and I was afraid it might do it again and mess up my run.

My setup was:
Lightning - Diabolos - 424 ATK
Lenna - Shiva - 309 SPR
Tellah - Ifrit - 275 MAG (gimped by Barfira that I never cast)
Exdeath - Siren - 289 MAG
Kefka - Ramuh - 390 MAG
Lightning - Diabolos - 535 ATK w/Excalibur and Barrage

Diabolos and Excalibur are non-negotiable if you want to kill the four in one turn each.

Killed first one with Raise, second and third I used Ice Blitz/Blizzaga/Cheer, fourth was Electric Blitz/Thundaga/Cheer/Barrage, Golbez was the same with second turn of just Army of One and Barrage because everyone else was paralyzed. The key to beating Golbez was that I dropped him to 20-25% hp on turn one and avoided running into the AE Death at 50%, which is what RNGfucked me this morning.

And no, there's nothing with increase encounter rate even in JP yet.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Still need someone who can carry my alt through pro difficulty so I can get the rod, can unfriend afterwards if you don't want my alt clogging up your friends list.

417 176 040

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yup. What a pita. I'll try restarting the app but otherwise guess I'll keep looking

*edit*

Think I had too many pending requests, I'm deleting all of those, maybe that was it.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just cleared ELT, man was it close! My party was:

CoD, Tellah, Lightning, Kefka, Lenna, Lightning (Friend)

Friend did not have Barrage or Excalibur, so it's doable. I used Crushing Blow on 1 Lightning and then loaded up the Electric Blitz/Thundaga Train. I guarded with CoD the first round because I wanted her to live and also used Barfira with Tellah to mitigate damage. Lenna survives and you can unparalyze all your units with Unicorn Horns. CoD does pretty good damage because of Maneater and was my best option. Thankfully cleared so I can go back to TM farming. Good to see hard encounters in the game!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'm seriously looking forward to Cloud of Darkness's 6* upgrade coming very soon. This event showed me how powerful she really is with her massive resists, good stats, and man-eater (most special bosses are humans). When she goes to 6* with upgraded stats, another improved, stacking man-eater passive, and more importantly, 4 materia slots, she's going to be just sickly good. AoE esuna is also awesome, and would have trivialized Golbez.

I have a rising sun TM with about 21% remaining to finish, which is CoD's best weapon. I'm kind of torn on if it's better to spend the rest of this event finishing off that TM (and some others), or spending it leveling units. Technically I could use the moogles we've gotten to finish the TM right away, but I'm trying to save all the moogles for a future Zidane or Gilgamesh TM to get dualwield sooner.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can't risk doing two 10+1's on this event unfortunately. Getting a rainbow and losing the DK Cecil coin toss is a real bummer but I need to make sure I get a Halloween Fina no matter what.

And the TM is the reason Rydia doesn't get Blizzaga.

Are there full leaks for the Halloween units, or are you just piecing it together from the leaked abilities?

Murked

I already have 1 Rising Sun, and I'm at 76% for a second...and I have dual wield, so my CoD is going to be a monster. Next I'll have to work on a Minerva Bustier and she will be ridiculous, can't wait!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are there full leaks for the Halloween units, or are you just piecing it together from the leaked abilities?
Just the fact that she's going to be the only 6* healer other than Cecil. Summer Majin Fina was ridiculously good, so I'm being optimistic that they'll do something similar.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Up early because I can't sleep. 3/3 on Edge pulls so far this banner. Wish I hadn't woken up.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Everyone wants at least one Edge for an upcoming trial (Throw and Fixed damage attacks are recommended for dealing with units that have massive defense but low health). All Edges past the first though are bleh.

I got another gold crystal from my daily pull, which was a Krile. Always a moment of happiness seeing that blue crystal upgrade to a gold, then a long sigh when you see a shitty unit pop out. I was wanting a Rosa, but honestly, since I got Garnet recently, I think Rosa doesn't bring anything too special to the table. Lenna/Garnet seems a better combo when you wanna run double healer than Lenna/Rosa. The MP regen is nice, but I'm not so sure how often that's going to matter. Still wouldn't be sad to pull one though just in case.

Now that I have Cecil, I think my next target is going to be the FF3 banner, for Refia as my endgame healer, with Luneth as a bonus grand prize. Depends on the global exclusive Halloween Fina though, since she may be superior and worth chasing instead.

Murked

I was able to send you a request, Twilight Sparkle. Just unlocked Barrage so have fun :)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was able to send you a request, Twilight Sparkle. Just unlocked Barrage so have fun :)

Ugh. After the first barrage she counterattacked Cagnazzo, triggering his second stage and giving him a free turn, and then he landed sleep on her.

Should be doable as long as I don't get buttfucked by RNG again.

*edit*

Wouldn't object to another barrage lightning on my main account if you don't mind.

791 675 201

Last edited:

Murked

Haha, what shitty luck!

Sent you a request on your main account.

Last edited:

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I did the math and need about 40 Sacred Crystals just to awaken some neglected units (and Cecil).

Is INT the best still or is Pro Awakening better? And what do I do with Locke? Leave him behind so he doesn't upgrade sacred crystals to holy?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I only kept track of my last 3 pro runs (stopped once I got the last mats I needed for Rydia and Kain)

Run 1) Sacred x4
Run 2) Sacred x2
Run 3) Sacred x1 Holy x2

Obviously not nearly a large enough sample size, but since all future 5* awakens will need the special mats (not just 4* units getting their 5* awaken, but all 5* awakens now) I'm gonna spend some more energy on it and see how the sacred harvest averages out. Seeing as how my alt account has run 5 ints in a row without a sacred, my early feeling is that Pro is better. I think a big part of it is that there are more bad guys per wave in pro, which adds up to more shots at crystals.