Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'd like a copy of Snow's TM, since it's best in slot for a few units down the road (and it's not bad even if you ignore the fist synergy part).

Don't think I'm going to be doing summons though because yeah, this event and banner is terrible. Then again, I had the same first impression of the brave frontier event, then ended up completely clearing out the mog store before it was over, so who knows.

Edit: As I look at it more, I see I'm averaging ~110'ish currency per elite clear. It's early, but I've yet to see any friends with currency bonus, so that means it's around 13 energy per single cactuar. Way more terrible than I thought, and even if I start seeing synergy friends, then it's only ~200 currency per clear, which is still not great cactuar value. About 9 clears and I didn't see any metal units for the currency bonus either.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Just when you think Gumi can't get any more retarded, they make an arena week with banned black magic and physical combos.

My first match went to turn 9 because no one on my team or theirs could do like any fucking attacks.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Sunbeam doesn't proc status effects. Golem staff is only really good on a barrage user for 8x proc chances, except barrage is banned...

I tried a status team with BCLid, but Refia's immune, so she just cures all the stones/paralyze/etc, and you can't drain her mana to prevent that because osmose is banned too.

Such a stupid arena week

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Wow this is bad...

Arena is terrible this week and the new event, straight up, blows. I'm not falling for their trap to pull on sub-par units just for the bonus. I'm tempted to just skip the entire thing and focus on TMR grinding.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gold crystal...4* Vanille. Fuck the world.

You can still shut Refia down with Lance, so grab Agrias, Kain, or Firion if you don't have Elza. I'm still running both Exdeaths since earth shaker or wicked light are an easy 2300 damage.

Also, if you have Darkside learned on Diabolos, you can use that with CoD for golem staff cheese, especially with DW.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
'Member when people said not to go crazy farming the Tactics event because later ones would be better?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I didn't farm the Tactics event hard but I did farm the Halloween event. I picked up a ton of 6 star materials to make sure I could upgrade the next few 6 stars right away. I topped off on mats during the BF event.

In hindsight the BF event wasn't that bad. Despite everything being a 4 or 5 star base we actually wanted to pull for Tilith and the chance at Elza. Maxwell was an absolute bitch but if you killed her the right way you got another +100% bonus unit. And a single triple metal god spawn cut farming down a ton.

The XIII event is a clear regression from previous farm events. The base currency rate is terrible and the new units suck. Sash is simply bad unless you still need Full Break (and the past few banners had a couple of good Full Break choices and Rain's upgrade is coming soon). Vanille is outclassed by Tilith and, especially, Refia. Snow is unique as a counter tank but Cecil is still the premier tank. And to add salt on the wound Lightning doesn't give the bonus yet. Maybe she will next week but that banner is just as bad unless you want to chase a base 5.

My plan is to only do the XIII event for daily completion purposes. Other than that I'm still reclearing the story for Lapis. After that I want to work on TMRs now that I've got the macro working. The XIII event can go fuck itself.

fris

Vyemm Raider
Im planning on buying the cheap 6* mats. sitting on a max 5* exdeath all week has been killing me.

Aside from the rewards , how hard is this one compared? i cleared the hardest part without much issue. Gilgamesh seems to have finally gotten my team on the other side of the curve.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Did my welfare pull for a gold crystal... Snow! Woot, everythings coming up Milhouse!

I cleared the ELT by the skin of my teeth, but I was half-assedly trying to cheese the event with 5* and 6* max exdeath chaining thundaga (which doesn't work if you try to do thundaga and then double black cast thundaga) and dragging snow for the bonus.

Farming this is going to blow ass. I'm getting 100 gears on ELT clears, and with my shit-snow that makes it 170-180 per clear. That's less than HALF of what the BF event was giving.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Arena doesn't seem too bad for me this week. Gilgamesh + Lightning using their Wind AoE abilities clear most teams in 1-2 rounds :).

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Jesus the tears on reddit are enjoyable (though they comments are right, the event is shit).

God damn does this event suck.

Zynth

N00b
I got my first yellow crystal that wasnt a Vivi troll and out popped Snow. Is he any good? other than the TM I still feel like I fell short.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Man you guys are right, this event is awful. I really want the Trust Moogles, but I really don't know if I can do it. I'm getting like 2-300 per run with 3 Sazh =/

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Man you guys are right, this event is awful. I really want the Trust Moogles, but I really don't know if I can do it. I'm getting like 2-300 per run with 3 Sazh =/
well, your lightning *should* make that 300-400 next week. But lol.

At least with BF there was a small chance for 3 metal gods and they were easy. If you fuck up the metal gigantaur, you're d.o.n.e.

Zynth

N00b
Best unit on banner... lulz.

I mean why? his ability set doesnt look very amazing. I see a best in slot TM and a decent counter tank.

*Yes, Cecil presently handles all my tanking needs.

Last edited:

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Do you have Cecil? If so than Snow won't be an upgrade for you. Right now his primary purpose is for bonus currency.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Snow has high health, and high counter rate, with innate draw attacks, which should boost to 100% if you add provoke from golem (I think).

Other than that, he's not very good. His counter attacks don't add very much meaningful damage, and his defenses are too low to really tank endgame fights.

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
He's the best pull on the banner only because the other two are so bad! I'm really disappointed. Have 5* Exdeath, Bartz, and Refia with no way to awaken them. Was kinda counting on this event but...damn. I can't clear elite. Farming pro on BF event was painful but this....this is insane.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user