Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
He means the half off, 250 Lapis, daily pull.

It sounds like a couple of weeks ago they normalized 3 star bases. Before there was a common group filled with your Shadows, Vivis, and so on. Anything that capped at a 4 star was in this common pool. The rest was in the rare pool like Cecil, Exdeath, Zidane and so on. There was also speculation that Zidane's rate was even lower than the rest of the rare 3 star bases. What this meant was that a 3 star pull had an 85% chance of being in the common pool and 15% in the rare pool.

But a couple of weeks ago they normalized rates where all 3 stars are equally common. This means that a lot more Zidanes are being pulled but it's still a 1 in 60ish chance on any individual pull. But while chasing Noctis I got 4 of them.

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
TM grinding without zidane sucks. In fact, everything without zidane sucks. Seems like a pretty shit part of this game so far that dual wield is the end-all, be-all, and nothing else comes close.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think what's sucks more is having a main account with lots of 6 star units with no duel wield to farm. Then having and alt account with gilgamesh, zidane, ludamil and other good TMs to farm.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
That's why you reroll until you have a dual wield unit. I still have no Gilgs nor Zidanes, doesn't change a damn thing for me. Then again, it sure would be fucking nice.

Personally dual cast Refia is my pick for most useful unit in the game.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There are also more DW units down the road. One is a 3* base with a DW dagger which is probably march, then there's a DW sword that's a bit farther off. Also as Angel mentioned, Zidane is substantially less rare now so you're far more likely to just randomly pull him than before.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Elza is still the best unit to me, and I am more and more bitter as time goes on that I failed to pull her (certainly not for lack of trying) since less people put her up these days. Friend Elza with a hundred less ATK than some of the Noctis friends I have still takes a full turn less to kill the boss, and I've actually one-rounded it with perfect chain timing. Have not even come close to that using Noctis friends no matter how good the timing is.

I suppose I'll care a bit less once we get 6* WoL since 45% break is close enough, but he will never do anywhere near the damage Elza does on the rest of the turns that she uses Madness Rush.

Last edited:

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Elza is great in pve and kinda meh in pvp. Lance is great, but you shouldn't need to use it and the rest of her kit is boring. Elza definitely improves a ton with dual wield, too bad I don't have it.

She is the perfect explore clearer though for Coast/Forge.

Doesn't seem fair she was a limited time thing with how huge ravaging blow is, I'd set her up as my friend unit if I had dual wield.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
But dual cast Refia does it all! 2 dead characters? No problem! Need a 45% (meant 45 oops :p) atk/def buff? No problem! Need to heal everyone from near death to full? No problem!

She's saved my ass so many times it's not funny. I had Frosty resist ravaging blow today and since I was groggy from sleep I had hit auto attack, so even with a 800+ atk friend Noctis on the first round with real attacks he didn't hit 50%, I aa'ed through round 2 before I had realized it was on and Frosty had killed my entire group minus Refia.

No problem, just rez Noctis and Lightning, have them get Frosty below half health, rez 2 more for the next round to finish the job.

Now granted, that was entirely my fault but still.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
It's still a ways off, but Delita will do -60% def and spr debuffs after enhancements. There's also even better debuffs further down the road. Doesn't help us much right now, but at least missing Elza isn't a permanent loss of power.

Elemental debuffs are the next big thing coming soon. Darkness teams based around Garland's debuff, or Holy teams based around Orlandu's debuff.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
"After enhancements" is just too far off. A ton of these JP is just getting.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
"After enhancements" is just too far off. A ton of these JP is just getting.

What exactly is 'too far off' when GL is balanced around what is already out? Also, the first batch of enhancements came out in early September, so they're not all that far off.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
qIWdF7a.jpg

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
We knew this banner was coming. Doesn't suck any less now that it's here. Another week of saved lapis I guess.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'll do dailies I guess in the hopes of a DFina, but that might be it. It sucks that they skipped a rotational banner this week.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As I get closer to finishing Chizuru's TM, I'm thinking it isn't actually possible to get Noctis above 800 atk without either Genji Glove or Brave Suit. first world problems.

Maybe once he's fully atk enhanced.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
In complete currently available best in slot gear, Noctis will have 901 atk after fully atk potted on Ifrit. Gear:
Base: 188 atk
Esper: Ifrit +53 atk
Weapon1: Excalibur/Deathbringer +120 atk
Weapon2: Sakurafabuki +98 atk
Helm: Black Cowl +28 atk
Armor: Brave Suit +15% atk
Acc1: Genji Glove +10% atk
Acc2: Infernal Armlet +20% atk
Materia1: Blade Mastery +50% atk
Materia2: Power of Creation +30% atk
Materia3: +20% atk materia (a few of these exist)
Materia4: +20% atk materia (a few of these exist)

From there, you can drop the TM's you don't have to easily figure out where your ATK will be. Some notable big increases for Noctis in the coming updates are Genji Blade (+107 non-elemental katana, Gilgamesh trial) and Greatsword Mastery (+50% atk w/ Greatsword equipped, Dark Ifrit Trial).

So the Christmas raid is ending soon. I'm sure everyone's finished farming their moogle by now, but check your rankings. If you stopped exactly at 12,000 points, you're probably around rank ~65,000 or so, which gives you 1 summon ticket as a bonus reward (I was around there after 12k). I ran the elite 4 more times, which bumped my ranking up to like 29k, which gives 2 summon tickets.

Try to aim for above 50k before the raid closes in two days. Around 100 extra energy is easily worth another summoning ticket. The next breakpoint is above 10k ranking for 3 summon tickets, but I don't think that one will be worth the energy cost.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah without brave suit, and with bracers in place of genji glove and armlet, I should get just a little over 800 once fully atk enhanced.