Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Been using a Vanille with +200% limit fill in the arena past few days to handle all of the Ayaka's with 10k hp and Mechanical Heart cheesiness, and I finally ran into one of them wearing Safety Bit... I hope that doesn't become common practice, because it's irritating to kill her otherwise.

Here's an example of an annoying Ayaka in arena:
  • Ayaka 6 Star
  • FFBEDB Unit Calculator
  • Right Hand: Holy Wand +16ATK+120SPR+Light+DualWhiteMagic
  • Left Hand: Genji Shield +50DEF+25SPR+Death Immunity
  • Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
  • Body: Parade Cuirass +40DEF+10%HP
  • Accessory 1: Soluna Band +20%HP/DEF+25%Light/Dark Resistance
  • Accessory 2: Soluna Band +20%HP/DEF+25%Light/Dark Resistance
  • Ability 1: Equip H Shield Can equip Heavy Shields
  • Ability 2: Thirst for Survival +30%HP/SPR
  • Ability 3: Patriotic Recall +30%HP+20%DEF+50%Light
  • Ability 4: Patriotic Recall +30%HP+20%DEF+50%Light
  • Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 26 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 34
  • Esper: Lakshmi HP:5040 MP:5150 ATK:2060 DEF:2510 MAG:3485 SPR:5890
  • Total Stats: HP: 10002 MP: 395 ATK: 200 DEF: 402 MAG: 192 SPR: 622
  • Crit Rate: 10% P. Evasion: 0% M. Evasion: 0% P. Counter: 0% M. Counter: 0%

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Been using a Vanille with +200% limit fill in the arena past few days to handle all of the Ayaka's with 10k hp and Mechanical Heart cheesiness, and I finally ran into one of them wearing Safety Bit... I hope that doesn't become common practice, because it's irritating to kill her otherwise.

• Ayaka 6 Star
  • FFBEDB Unit Calculator

Evade Ayaka is way worse than high hp death immune Ayaka.

Vinen

God is dead

• Ayaka 6 Star
  • FFBEDB Unit Calculator

I see you found my Ayaka from last week.

Why is Evade Ayaka a problem? Do people seriously still take physical damage units into Arena?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I see you found my Ayaka from last week.

Why is Evade Ayaka a problem? Do people seriously still take physical damage units into Arena?

phys units are much more consistent for repeat spam.

Do people seriously still do arena without repeat spam?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Do people seriously still do arena without repeat spam?
This is why I decided today to drop the Vanille from my team. She's helpful to take out the super defensive whales, but it was getting very tedious having to manually chain 3 units to fill her gauge, then choose her limit every arena match (even if it was super effective). I went back to a generic AoE magic chain team because it's just a one button victory with repeat, even if it sometimes takes 2-4 rounds because of Ayaka's.

For the new Halloween stuff that was datamined, I'm not very impressed with the 5* Sakura. I hate that she uses a ton of mana per round, and has no passive mp regeneration at all, making her very high maintenance on any kind of extended fight. Jake seems alright, but probably not worth using unless you haven't farmed up some dualwields yet. Nichol seems the most interesting, especially with his AoE targetted cover skill that's apparently 100%? Seems broken if you combine that with a 100% evade unit. Black Cat Lid's 6* is kind of whatever, not very impressive. Maybe she's good against machines if you enhance her, but that's expensive for a such a specific role (which other units still can do better).

I enhanced my Trance Terra (except Ultima) and gave her my best stuff:
pic.jpg

It's not true best in slot because I'm missing a bunch of the 5* base TM's, but I pumped her magic to the % cap while still giving her high health for a mage and high spirit. Now I just need to find more enhanced TTerra friends to chain with ;)

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I took your Terra out for a spin and chained her with mine. Very easy to chain after the hell that is Tidus chaining. Our Terra’s we’re doing nutty damage even without the power up buff. When I buffed them it got sick.

I’ll probably switch my friend unit to Terra. She’s not quite as well geared and is still missing some magic pots. Once I get those pots she’ll be pushing 1100 MAG though.

Like you I’m not enhancing Ultima. I’ve got Majin Fna for that if I need to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've been spamming almost all my energy into the Kingsglaive farming, and have yet to see a non-bomb bonus drop. Does it actually exist?!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah with terra's enhancements coming so early, enjoy moon trial being a complete joke. awakened chaos wave chains shred that trial like you wouldn't believe.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was able to get chaos wave done for my TT but not enough gil for magical activation or inherited power yet :( And I got a dupe I gotta do too, but I dont have the mats for that anyways. Its difficult to decide what to use NRG on when I need so many freaking things

Molten Core Raider
Made pretty much the same progress on mine. I'll finish MA and Inherited Power tomorrow once I can farm the rest of the mats up. I just finished farming up everything I needed for my Fryevia gear wise so I've switched up my TM farming to stuff for T. Terra. Right now I can gear one of the two but I'm still working on my Emperor TM staff so Fryevia is probably the better choice still atm.

Ether

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm reading Emperor's GL exclusive enhancements make him pretty good. Is he worth enhancing now?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm reading Emperor's GL exclusive enhancements make him pretty good. Is he worth enhancing now?

Eh. He's good in theory but you still have to spend forever ramping up hellfire. The enhancements are relatively cheap though.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Molten Core Raider
^ what he said. One of the posts on reddit said it takes something like 10 turns to bring Emp to full damage potential so unless youre grinding out some long ass fight, there's probably better options.

• 1Like

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The FFXV special Cerberus boss didn't give much trouble. I took a Tilith, Earth Veritas (geared for evasion), 9S, Trance Terra, and friend Trance Terra. I recorded the kill, but it's not a very interesting fight... Cerberus Trial.

The servers are crapping out right now, probably from everyone trying the new Halloween stuff, so I'm going to hold off on doing my summons until they stabilize.

Last edited:

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
I landed Grim Lord Sakura with my 10+1 summon. Did I hit the jackpot?

I'm still quite ignorant when it comes to knowing who's good and who's bad. Seems like a decent caster for me compared to my Shantotto.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Looks like servers are down for emergency maintenance. Grats S Spark on GL Sakura. I am not sure how good she is, but she will definitely be an interesting unit. I only did the 1/2 daily before the servers crapped out. BC Lid for me.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Sigh @ maintenance

Grim Sakura is definitely better than Shantotto, but because no one has any experience with her yet (she's GL exclusive), it's hard to say how good she is until she's tested. People didn't think Fryevia was going to be that good before she was released, and she turned out to be the best unit in the game for six months.