Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Chris

Potato del Grande
Shelke is supposed to be good for entrust battery setups too. She's the only support5 unit with an initial haste + instacast3 legend materia. If all you want is someone to entrust, it doesn't matter much if you have any relics for her or not.
Yeah I'll grab Shelke when her legend materia is released, just mostly dived fucking Minfillia for now since she has better dived stats than Onion Knight I was using. Feels bad I hate that character.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
1:06 kill on Fire boss. It was a super close fight but I got Mastery.

Team was:

Tidus,
Vanille,
Ramza
Noctis
Rikku

Strategy was pretty simple. Spend the first part of the fight just building up SB gauges. Then I start unleashing them rapid fire using Noctis SSB, Riki's imperil and Tidus OSB.

I know I've been hyping it up but I can't believe how good Noctis SSB is.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Well, I mastered the wind dungeon (Fenrir, weak to ice), but it was sloppy and slow (1m 17s kill). I was totally expecting to see expert rank after I won, but I only lost 1 medal for actions taken, so I guess the ranking for that one is pretty loose. Team used:

pic.jpg

Soulbreaks:
Squall - OSB
Laguna - imperil SSB
Onion - BSB, entrust to Squall
Ramza - USB, Shout, BSB
Yshtola - BSB
Video: Fenrir Wind Magicite

My ice relics are only Squall OSB and Laguna imperil SSB, and while having OSB + imperil sounds like a solid combo, it still felt damned slow. The physical blink from the boss boned me too when he blinked a half second before my last ice OSB landed, negating that attack entirely. The final ~10% of the boss was actually a tiny bit of Ramza's BSB dealing some (heavily resisted) holy damage and the rest of the team using the fight command (lol).

The sealion esper summon was really clutch with the party blink vs wind attacks, which negated two of the huge aoe nukes from Fenrir. I love how the various espers can counter each other, really fun system. I've seen it compared to Megaman on reddit, and that's a great comparison :)

After seeing the fight and knowing what to expect, I'd probably make some team adjustments, but since it's mastered, Fenrir is definitely going on the shelf for a later date, though I'm ultra sad Enkidu didn't drop for me, so maybe I'll have to return to farming him sooner than I'd like.

Going to try Fire dungeon next (water weakness). I have Tidus CSB + Jecht Shot (pure damage water SSB), and Rikku's imperil water BSB. Since Tidus's CSB just got a random buff to also give 2 charges of party quickcharge on use, I'm hoping the fire dungeon doesn't give me too much trouble. Then it's off to bang my head against Golem with a physical team, and the Hydra boss, with the only earth relic of mine being Rinoa's OSB...

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Got Sealion Ice today in 49 seconds.

One thing I've noticed is that pure physical groups are much better than mixed or mage groups for one simple reason: Ramza. I have Ramza fully dived and it's a huge boost to his buffs and to his survivability. I never felt OK was squishy until starting to do these magicite dungeons but he is compared to others. Maybe I need to give hm the Major resist accessory instead of Vanille.

Once we start getting some more Wisdom and Spirit motes I want to fully dive Y'Shtola. Being able to instant cast Y'Shtola's BSB will help a lot. Right now I hate that if I use Vanille's BSB it eats a charge of instant cast despite already being instant. So I try to time it so I can instant cast her command 2 group heal with Noctis SSB and still be able to instant cast her BSB entry.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I tried the remaining three magicites today, but didn't beat any.

Hydra I have zero chance to beat with my relic lineup. Rinoa's OSB only dealt 32k damage with 2 stacking +30% faiths active... and she can't build her soulgauge meter for shit, so the best I can do with earth damage is using 2 party slots to entrust OSB's to Rinoa for 32k each, which is pathetic.

Liquid Flame I got to about 20% health before wiping from low dps. Rikku's BSB for imperil is nice, but Rikku's actual damage is trash tier, with her CMD1 doing about 2500x2 per use. Tidus's CSB did nice damage on entry, but you can't really spam chain soulbreaks, because it just resets the counter each time, which works against you. My best attempt I was entrusting Rikku for her to spam her imperil BSB for the decent entry damage while water chain was active, but it was still low damage.

Golem I wiped at literally under 1%, he had nothing left in his bar, but I couldn't finish out the fight. I was using Luneth BSB and Zack BSB. Zack's BSB suffers the same problem as Rikku, the entry damage is nice and it stacks imperil, but the commands are trash dps. All of my damage was coming from Luneth, but with how physical unfriendly Golem is, I came up short.

I'm just going to stockpile keys for the next 6 days and pray next week's banner fixes my problems. How convenient that the relics next week cover water, wind, and earth...

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've worked out Ramza with Shout then Chant is the best. I was using History's Truth for the medium boostga and party instant cast but dealing with the damage is very important and the 30% bubble from Chant lets your Y'Shtola spent a turn wrathing. The 50% extra crit damage is better for Cloud too.

Tyro BSB is great for the same reasons, as well as not needing Shell and Protect the magic blink let's you wrath another turn on Y'Shtola, then her BSB give you a full heal and a bubble to absorb another attack.

I think my difficulty ranking starting with the hardest so far is:
#1: Bismark (4 elements of damage)
#2: Fenrir (Physical Blink)
#3: Golem (Physical Bubble)
#4: Hydra (Lightning Imperil)
This is Cloud using USB/Omega Drive and some BSB2 as primary DPS with either Celes Spellblades or an Entrust battery.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Alright, with some team tweaks I managed to beat and master the Golem magicite boss (1m 6s time). Even though my best wind relics are physical, I went with a pure magic and ninja team so I could ignore his protect and shields. Team was:

Alphinaud - BSB + Radiant Shield SSB
Shadow - Gust + Phantasm
Onion - BSB
Ramza - USB + Entrust to Alphinaud
Yshtola - BSB

Shadow was extremely potent on this fight, with Phantasm and Gust dealing ~9k damage per use with ninja cast speeds. Raging Storm would be way better, but I'm too cheap to hone it past rank one. I actually was trying to legend dive Shadow for even more damage and that sweet 35% ninja dualcast LM, but apparently Shadow's legend dive isn't released yet.... woops. Oh well, he was on my list of ppl to dive anyway, so when it releases I'm ready with his 3* and 4* dive finished now.

I think I can manage a win against Liquid Flame with some work. Going to spend more time working on him tomorrow with some ninja dps.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Took out the Liquid Flame boss with mastery in 1m 0.6s, and I could have definitely done under one minute if I had played better. Team was:
pic.jpg

Soulbreaks:
Tidus - CSB
Onion - BSB
Ramza - USB
Terra - BSB
Yshtola - BSB, Aetherial Pulse SSB
Video: Liquid Flame Magicite

So to fix the problems I was having on Liquid Flame, first thing I did was kick Rikku to the curb. It's not worth bringing a worthless unit purely for an imperil debuff. To take her place was Terra with her BSB. Terra's BSB does shit damage on entry, but she does have a 4 hit water command, which was dealing around ~18k per turn.

Next for changes I replaced the Wrath on Ramza and Onion with Ninja magic. Ninja magic generates soulbreak only a little bit slower than wrathing, but it added around 7500 damage per use, which really adds up over the fight. Another change was to stop worrying about resetting the water chain counter and let Tidus just chaincast his CSB as often as possible. The two charges of party quickcast per use easily made up for resetting the water chain each use.

Final change that helped was letting Yshtola wrath into her SSB (party shell, protect, high regen) and that freed up the protect/shell slots from the team to fit more dps skills. The damage Liquid Flame deals for the first half of the fight is extremely low, so Yshtola's regen easily kept the team mostly topped off while she wrathed a bunch to stockup for the incoming damage on the last phase. Yshtola even spent about 30% of the fight paralyzed, and it didn't matter.

Five magicites mastered, one to go. I'm still unsure how I can beat Hydra without sinking a ton of resources into stuff like Chain stonega or Titan summons. Going to work on it some tomorrow, see if I can figure anything out.

I think I'm going to be totally fine for Dark and Holy dungeons, I have amazing holy coverage, and Shadow's BSB + Edea's Imperil should be enough for Dark (maybe).

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Liquid Flame was weird, did hardly any damage but seemed much tankier. Cloud USB + entrust battery didn't work, so I dropped the battery. Luckily I had Tidus CSB which was really great. I also started with Ninja magic but put it on Tyro as Ramza can't keep up 2 SBs without Lifesiphon but I was only having Tyro cast 1 SB.

I found Hydra the eaiest, it has no gimmick it just does damage and imperils you. Cloud USB worked with Entrust. MBlink is great for skipping impeil stacks.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I beat Fenrir today but missed Mastery. That was the hardest one for me so far. I had a couple really close fights where he blinked out of finishing hits and wiped me. I changed up my strategy and got the kill but lost two people costing me Mastery. I'll come back to him after knockout no the other two out.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The big chunk of 6* crystals from the magicite stuff has been awesome. I honed Meltdown to rank 3, Curada to rank 2, and I think I'm going to hone Snowspell Strike to rank 3 also.

I want to hone Valigarmanda to rank 3 too, but I'm short on Ice crystals (Snowspell is going to take them all). Eventually we get crystals as drops in the daily dungeons, but that's still a few months away.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'm planning to hone Omega Drive to rank 3 tonight once I get the last dark crystal I need. A week ago I'd have honed Meltdown to rank 3 over Omega Drive but Noctis has been instrumental to my Magicite clears and it's a great ability for him. Fire Crystals are the overlap.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Alright, that makes 6/6 magicites mastered for me with Hydra defeated in 1m 0.6s (another missed sub 1m kill by a half second, sigh). Team I used:
pic.jpg

Soulbreaks:
Onion - BSB
Alphinaud - Radiant Shield SSB
Ramza - USB, entrust to Rinoa
Relm - BSB
Rinoa - OSB
Video: Lightning Magicite Hydra

I had to do a few things to fix my horrible earth synergy problems. First of all, to fix Rinoa's poor damage, I had to max rosetta stone a 6* mage thrower (most of my mages use my 8* mage swords, but Rinoa can't). Then I went into the vault and pulled out the old 4* Gaia Armor that has earth damage boost on it (it's one of the quest rewards that gives a core unit a soulbreak, everyone has one if they didn't sell it). Lastly, I gave my healer the Faith spell, which was an additional stacking +mag boost for Rinoa. Final sum of magic boosts for Rinoa was 30% (Onion), 30% (Ramza), 15% (Faith), 13% (RM). With all of those stacking boosts, the earth boost armor, and the max rosetta stone mage thrower, I was able to get Rinoa's OSB damage up to around 53k damage per use.

Even with Rinoa's OSB dealing 50k and Ramza feeding her soulgauge, I needed more, so next piece of the puzzle was relying on Radiant Shield. Because I needed Radiant Shield to be a serious part of the damage contribution, that meant I had to bench Yshtola and her bubbles... heresy, I know. Relm stood in for healing duties with her last stand BSB, along with Alphinaud playing backup healer.

So with the above, using the only damage of Rinoa + Radiant Shield (and a bit of ninja magic from Onion), I got Hydra in 1 minute, and could have definitely done under a minute with some better spell prioritizing. It looks like even after beating all 6 dungeons, Holy/Dark are still sealed, and checking reddit, it sounds like we aren't getting Holy/Dark until October.... sadface.

I guess that means now it's farming time. I'm going to be farming Fenrir each day from here on out until I get 4 copies of Enkidu (you need 4 of an esper to levelbreak them all the way to 99). With clearing all of these dungeons and the recent honing and diving I've done, my teams are a lot stronger now. No regrets on using 30 rosetta stones for Rinoa's 6* mage thrower either, because Shadow can equip it, which gives Shadow higher than softcap for ninja magic with zero buffs, no synergy, and using a resist accessory. His legend dive is coming in 10 days, which is going to be really helpful.

Sidenote: The Apoc+ event boss felt like a total joke after doing magicite dungeons for a week, and that was with 0 synergy gear whatsoever in FFXI realm.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Mastered all 6, struggled on Sealion until I figured out Tyro was starting with Wall and not BSB Protect/Shell :/

Can't belive how close to 1 minute these clears are!

tmp_9367-Screenshot_2017-08-28-15-10-59-160685741.png

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
lost all motivation on this game lately. i'm really far behind, haven't completed the last several events. can't even do magicite dungeons since i don't have all the nightmares complete yet (missing Omega Drive aaaand... the cannon fight i think).

i'm sure i'll pick back up again eventually but eh.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Finally got a little time to catch up on the events. Only done Lightning and Ice so far...

I did burn all my Mythril on 3 pulls for the FFXI 2nd banner... which gave me all the LMR and SSBs... was hoping for anything from BSB or USB/OSB pool, even Prishe's would have excited me... feeling quite demotivating tbh :|, not getting crap for a while, including like 300 mythril into 2 of the FFXI banners.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I am having a hell of a time with Golem. His damage is nuts and his savage earth attack seems to stun the worst possible people.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lost all motivation on this game lately. i'm really far behind, haven't completed the last several events. can't even do magicite dungeons since i don't have all the nightmares complete yet (missing Omega Drive aaaand... the cannon fight i think).

i'm sure i'll pick back up again eventually but eh.

I'm kind of in the same boat but still messing around. I haven't finished the nightmare dungeon and don't even know where to begin in terms of record diving or what high level spells/skills to hone. Hell, I think I have like eight memory crystal 3s just hanging around and only have 3 guys at 99. But... still having fun just messing around! Probably helps this is literally the only game I have on my iPhone so it's the default choice when I'm bored.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm kind of in the same boat but still messing around. I haven't finished the nightmare dungeon and don't even know where to begin in terms of record diving or what high level spells/skills to hone. Hell, I think I have like eight memory crystal 3s just hanging around and only have 3 guys at 99. But... still having fun just messing around! Probably helps this is literally the only game I have on my iPhone so it's the default choice when I'm bored.
Basically it depends which relics you pulled, lots of viable setups. If you post what you have we can give you advice!

You want to save your motes for characters you have great gear for.

Nightmare dungeons should be easy with power creep.