Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I beat Fenrir again, but my repeat kill was even worse than my first. People saying he's the easiest boss are nuts, I'd rank him as one of the hardest (based on my relic options of course). It's the RNG on slow, and super annoying physical blinks that cause the headaches, not so much his damage. Thankfully, Enkidu dropped on my 2nd kill, and since his summon medica is % based, it's not that important that I farm up copies yet.

Used the bonus key from today's cid mission to do another kill on Sealion too, and he's far easier for my team to handle. Think he's a better use of my keys to farm per day, because his magicite drops help against Fenrir, and I can easily do Sealion in under 60 seconds for better loots.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I finally beat Golem. I used your strategy with Alphinaud and Shadow. Fight went to about 1:15 but I got Mastery. Hydra is my last one. I've got the key so I'm hoping to knock it out later.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Quick reference for the 3* magicite that drop from the dungeons and what they do.
(A) is the active effect when summoned, (P) is the passive effects they provide.

Fire:
Salamander - (A) none - (P) Empower Fire, Deadly Strikes
Mom Bomb - (A) Imperil Fire - (P) Empower Fire, Attack Boon
Liquid Flame - (A) Ice Blink - (P) Dampen Fire, Defense Boon

Ice:
Taharka - (A) none - (P) Empower Ice, Blade Ward
Wendigo - (A) Imperil Ice - (P) Empower Ice, Magic Boon
Sealion - (A) Wind Blink - (P) Dampen Blizzard, Defense Boon

Wind:
Wing Raptor - (A) none - (P) Empower Wind, Fast Act
Enkidu - (A) 40% Medica & Esuna - (P) Empower Wind, Magic Boon
Fenrir - (A) Physical Blink & Earth Resist - (P) Dampen Air, Resistance Boon

Earth:
Sand Worm - (A) none - (P) Empower Earth, Health Boon
Shell Dragon - (A) Imperil Earth - (P) Empower Earth, Defense Boon
Golem - (A) Lightning Stoneskin - (P) Dampen Earth, Resistance Boon

Lightning:
Humbaba - (A) none - (P) Empower Lightning, Precise Strikes
Enlil - (A) Water Resist - (P) Empower Lightning, Attack Boon
Hydra - (A) Imperil Lightning - (P) Dampen Lightning, Resistance Boon

Water:
Bottomswell - (A) none - (P) Empower Water, Spell Ward
Enki - (A) Fire Resist - (P) Empower Water, Mind Boon
Bismark - (A) Fire Blink - (P) Dampen Water, Resistance Boon

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Finished up the new Ruby Dragon FF8 torment along with the CM's. For the D200 I used Squall (OSB), Laguna (Imperil SSB), Selphie (BSB), Fujin (Shared Medica), and Irvine (no SB), with a Shout RW. Enkidu was a big help for the CM because Selphie's BSB doesn't actually have a medica command or entry. Reks BSB would have been a better RW, but I didn't know about it beforehand (saw it mentioned on reddit afterwards, +30% atk/def, hastega, and 4hit ice commands).

For the Jump Start 3x CM I used Squall, Laguna, Fujin, Ramza, Yshtola, with Celes BSB2 RW. Squall spent the first part of the fight using up all 6 charges of Snowspell Strike, then Laguna used up his soulgauges to stack imperil, then Squall called the RW (more for the Runic than anything else) and unloaded his OSB x3, then some more Snowspells that the runic refilled. Fujin was mostly deadweight, but I needed a 3rd FF8 member for the CM, so she did a breakdown and protect.

With fire resist and some form of runic, a lot of the bosses damage is mitigated. His Breath attack is kind of insane, and it's long ranged physical, so just hope he chooses not to spam it too often.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The Torment wasn't too hard. I stilll need to do the 200 CM but I did everything else. Squall was capping damage with his OSB on the 300 one so it died fast.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Fenrir is so annoying, I swear it's getting harder :/

Got a lv80/99 Fenrir now, I can see RNG screwing me over as I only want to move on when I've got all 3 wind magicite with lv99 unlocked.

I wonder if it would be more effective to get a lv99 from each element first so there's no dupes?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I wonder if it would be more effective to get a lv99 from each element first so there's no dupes?
That's my plan. I'm farming Sealion, but as soon as I get a 4th copy of any of the ones he drops, I'm farming a new boss until I have at least 4 of a copy from all 6 dungeons, then I'll start repeat farming and just hope I don't get "wasted" dupes. Technically they're not a waste, because you can level 2 copies of the same esper to 99 and run both for the passives. Passives have heavy diminishing returns though (each beyond the first is cut by an increasing 50% penalty).

I can't seem to squeeze out a sub 30 second Sealion kill just yet. My best was 38 seconds with a team that fed soulgauges to Terra to chaincast her OSB. Problem is that I don't have any en-fire relics for Terra, so her OSB only does about 60k damage per use. If I had en-fire on her, it would be sub-30 easily.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I can do sub 60 but sub 30 seems insane.

I think that's my plan then, will move on tomorrow. I wonder if the magicite of the boss you fight has a higher droprate since I maxed out Fenrir first? Are you getting more Sealions Sinzar?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I wonder if the magicite of the boss you fight has a higher droprate since I maxed out Fenrir first? Are you getting more Sealions Sinzar?

I think it's just random. I've killed Sealion four times now, and for drops from the Sealion pool, I've gotten:

1x Taharka
3x Wendigo
0x Sealion (not counting the guaranteed one you're given as a first kill reward)

Keep in mind each boss only has a pool of 3 esper drops (viewable on their battle page). Their own magicite + 2 others, so each 3* esper is a 33% chance from that specific boss. The 1* and 2* espers aren't random drops, they're guaranteed bonus rewards based on your kill time along with the orbs/arcana.

If you're farming Fenrir, you will always get either Fenrir, Enkidu, or Wing Raptor from a kill.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Alright boys, the banner I've been saving up for the last few months has arrived. Had 450 mithril ready to go, but I almost cleaned house with only 4 pulls:

2/11: Faris USB, Bartz BSB3 -- Two of the good items, excellent start.
2/11: Bartz LMR, Galuf Regen/Crit SSB -- Ok, another piece of the Bartz puzzle, nice, nice. Galuf relic is ok for CM's...
1/11: Galuf's Invulnerability SSB -- Well, weak pull, but like Celes Runic, Galuf's invulnerability can cheese some fights, decent toolbox relic.
3/11: Faris SSB (obsoleted by her earlier USB), dupe Galuf regen SSB, and..... CHICKEN KNIFE !!!!

I'm finally one of the cool kids now with an extreme top tier meta dps relic, along with his newest BSB and LMR that doesn't reoccur. So damn happy. I did miss out on Bartz's BSB2 which I wanted also, as that gives him the en-water skill, but I already had Bartz en-wind, now I have his en-earth, and the USB to go super saiyan mode.

Festival banner 2 has Bartz BSB2, along with Terra and Rosa USB, so I'll definitely be pulling more there to hopefully "finish" my Bartz with all 3 of his en-elements to pair with his USB. Still 250 mithril in the bank for the festival too. Tonight was a good night, and now I'm off to fully legend dive Bartz...

Only regret is I didn't get Dorgann's BSB, which would have paired excellent for an earth team, but I'm so stopping while I'm ahead.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Bartz USB, BSB3, Legend Materia in two pulls same as Cloud banner... Need 5* Vitality Motes :/

I trigged eight strike barrage in one of the event dungeons and the screen just fills with tornados, that's going to be bonkers under a Cloud USB RW. I don't think RWable fights are going to be an issue ever again.

Also considering taking his BSB2 from the gem banner later in the month but Vaan's BSB is pretty hyped...

Last edited:

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I scraped together the last bit of Mythril I needed for one more pull.

The bad news: 1 / 11

The good news: Chicken Knife!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Oh snap, nice one!

I've been farming Demon Wall to master all of Bartz's new soulbreaks, and I have to say, his damage is just stupid. I think I did over 500k from 1 snowspell strike (with cloud USB RW active mind you) with triple + double proc + USB chase effect. Old content, nightmare synergy etc, so that's unrealistic on current content, but still....

Almost finished mastering his last soulbreak then I'm going back to magicite dungeons to try him out in real content. Should be fun!

Sidenote: Demon Wall can be killed in 3 turns with Bartz + Atk/Haste buffer (Onion, Ramza, etc) with Cloud RW. Turn 1 call Cloud RW, turn 2 use USB, turn 3 use any spellblade, victory.

With only 2 units, that's 1500 soulbreak exp per 1 stamina. Easy and cheap to max soulbreaks, just tedious.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Which dungeon is Demon Wall?

Combat Nightmare #1 (Crushdown Record)

To get back to the old nightmare dungeons, hit the button on the bottom left of the magicite dungeon selection screen.

Put your primary dps in party slot #3 so he's always inside of the red beam to hit the main body.

Bartz brought my Sealion kill time down to 33 seconds. Maybe I can do a sub30 if I get lucky on double spellblade procs, but once my magicite is leveled some more, I should have more dps from the passives. Some team adjustments may give me the boost I need too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Decided I need the imperil fire magicite to speed up Sealion, so went to use my last key on Living Flame. Got him in 36 seconds, so I'm right on the edge of those 30 sec kills for a few bosses, just not quite there yet. Luckily, Mom Bomb dropped on today's kill (the imperil fire esper). Tomorrow it's back to Sealion with the extra 20% imperil esper to see if that cuts off those last 3 seconds I'm short.

pic.jpg

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Should I be going for this pull? I'm not terribly active but have a few hundred mith banked. My lightning has like all her items and I dove her, so I was not going to go ham over another dpser... but my bartz does have a bunch of his older shit and even the one usb, and is 99 with some minor progress into his records. Is this pull set particularly good?

I was gonna hold out for a heavy healing one or just whenever the next festival type thing is, but you all seem pumped for this one.