Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Should I be going for this pull?
Bartz USB is the next step in power creep, followed shortly afterwards by Edge and Shadow USB, then Tidus USB during the festival. The thing that I personally like about Bartz USB is that it's way more flexible, able to be used with four different elements, while Bartz can also use spellblades for Lightning and Ice too (but they don't synergize with his USB). Edge and Tidus USB are strictly water only, and Shadow USB is pure dark, so they get locked out of fights more often than Bartz when every boss these days is omni resist to all but 1 or 2 elements.

The other top prizes on the banner are Faris USB, which is top tier, except that magicite is the big thing for the next 5'ish months, and breaks are near worthless in magicite dungeons. Faris USB is amazing for the rest of the game though. Dorgann BSB is good on an earth team, but kind of meh if it's your only earth relic. Bartz BSB2 and BSB3 are both decent, but they're best used only for their burst mode stat boost and en-element to pair with the USB.

I was gonna hold out for a heavy healing one or just whenever the next festival type thing is, but you all seem pumped for this one.
If you can wait a month, Bartz USB and his BSB2 come back on Festival banner #2, along with some other insanely good relics, like Terra USB, Rosa USB ("best" healing USB by the way), and some top tier BSB's like Strago BSB, Cecil BSB2, Yang BSB, Mog BSB, etc. What doesn't come back (yet) is Bartz BSB3 and his LRM, so if you want an ultimate Bartz, you have to chase some of them on this banner, but if you just want only a demi-god Bartz, you can get his USB on banner 2 of the festival.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Can you post your teams? I'm nowhere near 30 secs.

I'm still adjusting my teams and strategies each time I go in to the dungeons, but here's what today's teams looked like:

Sealion 34sec:
Esper: Living Flame (Ice Blink)
[xtable=skin4|600x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Unit{/td}
{td}Skill1{/td}
{td}Skill2{/td}
{td}Soulbreak{/td}
{td}Record Materia{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Onion{/td}
{td}Flame Veil r5{/td}
{td}Shellga r3{/td}
{td}BSB{/td}
{td}Dr Mog Teach{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Yshtola{/td}
{td}Curada r2{/td}
{td}Protectga r3{/td}
{td}BSB{/td}
{td}Gathering Storm{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ramza{/td}
{td}Entrust r2{/td}
{td}Wrath r5{/td}
{td}USB{/td}
{td}Mako Might{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Terra{/td}
{td}Meltdown r3{/td}
{td}Valigarmanda r2{/td}
{td}OSB{/td}
{td}Devotion{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Bartz{/td}
{td}Lifesiphon r5{/td}
{td}Blazing Twinstrike r3{/td}
{td}USB{/td}
{td}+30% w/ Swords{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Living Flame 36sec:
Esper: Bismark (Fire Blink)
[xtable=skin4|600x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Unit{/td}
{td}Skill1{/td}
{td}Skill2{/td}
{td}Soulbreak{/td}
{td}Record Materia{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Tidus{/td}
{td}Lifesiphon r5{/td}
{td}Sapphire Shot r1{/td}
{td}CSB{/td}
{td}Ace Striker{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Onion{/td}
{td}Waterja r4{/td}
{td}Entrust r2{/td}
{td}(none){/td}
{td}Dr Mog Teach{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ramza{/td}
{td}Water Veil r5{/td}
{td}Affliction Break r2{/td}
{td}Shout{/td}
{td}Mako Might{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Yshtola{/td}
{td}Curada r2{/td}
{td}Protectga r3{/td}
{td}BSB{/td}
{td}Gathering Storm{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Bartz{/td}
{td}Lifesiphon r5{/td}
{td}Engulfing Twinstrike r4{/td}
{td}USB{/td}
{td}+30% w/ Swords{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

My Bartz, Yshtola, and Ramza are 100% legend dived. Onion is 100% record dived. Terra and Tidus only have their 3* dive.

For Living Flame, I entrusted Bartz on turn 1 to get his USB online and he started spamming his water spellblades immediately. On Sealion I was using a mixed team, so I had to double boostga for Terra, so Bartz had to lifesiphon into his USB, which took 15 seconds to get online. I think maybe I need to try to go with a pure team so I can entrust Bartz right away to get his USB going, because losing 15 seconds to lifesiphon into his USB is a huge time sink and I don't think I can afford that.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to drop Terra for Thancred or Refia and entrust Bartz on turn 1 again and see if that speeds anything up.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Oh that's great thanks, I actually have all of those SBs. I can give this a go.

Just lacking Ninja and Spellblade hones.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did two pulls and got Bartz helm (assume that is what you are calling BSB3?), Faris USB and both Bartz and Faris Legend Materia. Still have 400 mithril left so tempted to pull again and try to get Bartz USB but maybe will just wait for the festival banner as suggested.

Assuming I should get them both to 99 and start record diving them? Will try to post the rest of my stuff later as suggested earlier.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
His helm is his 2nd BSB (en-water). Greatsword is his 3rd BSB (en-earth).

Bartz has a strong legend dive even if you don't have his USB, so it's not a bad investment. I just got a new fastest clear on Fenrir today using Bartz (55 second kill), and it was only because Bartz procced a bunch of double / triple casts of snowspell strike. Ice element doesn't work with his USB, but it shows how good Bartz can be using any spellblades even without the USB.

The true power of Bartz will be shown once we get the ability update "soon", which buffs all 5* spellblades to 4 hit. Right now I frequently waste a bunch of damage with Bartz because his spellblades hit for 9999x2, but after the ability updates, that's going to be more like 7000x4, which is going to rock.

I also got Faris USB and I've considered maybe legend diving her. She's a great support with both support 5 and dancer 5 (after diving). She also has something like 190 speed, so she's one of the fastest entrust batteries as well. I'll probably wait to dive her until I actually need it though, since she's not too useful in magicite fights.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Criteria for equipping legend materia is to legend dive that character?

For their innate LM1 and LM2, they have to be dived. If you pull their relic legend materia, then they can equip that LMR once it's mastered even with no dives at all.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
For their innate LM1 and LM2, they have to be dived. If you pull their relic legend materia, then they can equip that LMR once it's mastered even with no dives at all.
Happy day then. Just came back after a month (or two, or three?) gone. Pulled bartz LM armor. I've not even done all of the nightmare stuff... I feel so far behind in this shit.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Late to the party since I haven't been trying the really hard content - magicites have been tearing me a new one so am gonna hold up until I get some good pulls.... that said finally beat ff8 torment js cm thanks to the ice magicite ive been farming. The difference in damage is fairly noticeable - Serahs normally pretty shitty bsb was able to hit cap with magicite imperil and the ice damage buffs they provide, not too shabby.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Easy Magicite Team:

Y'Shtola BSB, Wrath & Cure - Cast Fabula Guard RW Turn 1 and 30 secs later. Cast Wrath when blink or bubble is up otherwise heal/BSB.

Ramza Shout, Lifesiphon & Affliction Break/Banishing Strike - Cast Shout T1 for haste and 30 secs later. Sometimes you can fit in a Chant cast inbetween depending on how many of the other ability you need to use or Fenrir blinks taken.

Tyro BSB, Ninja or Spellblade or Black Magic of weak element or Lifesiphon - Cast BSB T1 for Shell/Protect/MBlink then whenever it's up, otherwise do some shitty DPS (Ninja is actually quite good on him, Black is terrible).

2 physical DPS of weak element or 1 DPS with entrust. Cloud USB+Omega Drive works too.

Wear resist gear for the primary elemental attack and use the defensive 3* magicite for that element (usually it's blink). Legend Dive can dramatically boost HP and defensive stats.

The trick here is that you two stacking sources of blink (Tyro BSB + Magicite) and two bubbles (Y'Shtola BSB + sometimes Ramza Chant), so Y'Shtola has time to use Wrath to cast more BSBs.

Now all of these characters can be swapped out for equivalents but these are the ones with defensive options bolted onto their utility for a smooth 60 second clear. You can even drop Tyro and hardcast Protect/Shell and fit in a 3rd DPS, if you have 2-3 white 4 users.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
44 second SeaLion clear today. Bartz tears him apart.

So far I've got a mac broken Hydra and Mom Bomb. Both give imperil so they're really nice. I've got 3 Sealions right now so one more and I'll move on. I'm two for two on Enkidu drops from Fenrir. He's really hyped for the instant heal as an oh shit button.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I've been farming Bismark recently, since my plan is to do it true megaman style. Once I get 2 level 99 magicite that powers up water, that should give me the dps to sub30 liquid flame, and then it's off to farm him until I get 2x 99 magicite that powers up fire, then it's back to Sealion again.

So I was going to skip the lucky draw because my synergy in all 3 realms is high already, but after my coffee this morning I said what the hell, it's only 25 mithril. My pull did not disappoint.

3/11 -- Squall BSB2, Fujin BSB, Quistis SSB -- no dupes

Fujin's BSB is showing it's age, but it's still nice to have. Quistis SSB is at least my first FF8 hastega. Squall's 2nd BSB though... that's top tier, and it's an en-ice to pair with his OSB that I already owned.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I got Hope OSB. Utterly useless with all my Holy items and Cid Raines is a better holy mage fully dived with his BSB.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Bartz dealing 250,000 damage in a single round in the new FF7 Jumpstart D300... Went with:

Aeris: Default SB to aoe silence -> Shell -> Curada
Ramza: Shout -> USB -> Breaks
Red: Atk/Mnd SSB -> Breaks
Zack: 3x Wind Imperil BSB -> CMD1
Bartz: En-Wind SB -> Cloud USB RW -> USB -> Snowspell -> USB (this one did 250k for the kill shot)

I'll bet someone with native Cloud USB + his BSB2 and Ramza's Chant could do upwards of 400k in a single round on this guy.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yep I got an over 400k BSB2 off on him :)

I did have two stacks of wind imperil from Faris USB, someone bringing Zack's wind chain could do even better.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Ugh, where do I pick up in this game? I was just getting a good physical team setup...

Vaan bsb/osb/unique
Eiko bsb/super
Ramza bsb/shout/chant
Orlandeau OSB
PCecil bsb/SSB

I picked up Tidus bsb and chain, a pile of others too.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
If you have spare Mythril than consider pulling for Bartz's USB, Chicken Knife, which turns him into a powerhouse. Other than Cloud's USB, Bartz is probably one of the strongest characters in the game with his USB.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Other than Cloud's USB, Bartz is probably one of the strongest characters in the game with his USB.
He's also extremely future proof. 4* magicite bosses (D400) just came out in JP, and Bartz with USB is a common unit on every fight where his USB works, so he's going to be MVP for at least six more months (or longer).

So I just got my first sub30 magicite clear! Fenrir down in 27 seconds. Bartz and Squall both legend dived carried me with their doublecast ice spellblades (and Squall's overpowered BSB2 that I recently pulled). Exact team was:

Main Magicite: Wendigo (Ice Imperil)
[xtable=skin4|600x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Unit{/td}
{td}Skill1{/td}
{td}Skill2{/td}
{td}Soulbreak{/td}
{td}Record Materia{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Onion{/td}
{td}Affliction Break{/td}
{td}Quick Hit{/td}
{td}BSB{/td}
{td}Mako Might{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ramza{/td}
{td}Entrust{/td}
{td}Wrath{/td}
{td}USB{/td}
{td}Dr Mog Teach{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Yshtola{/td}
{td}Curada{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{td}BSB{/td}
{td}Gathering Storm{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Bartz{/td}
{td}Snowspell Strike{/td}
{td}Blizzaga Strike{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{td}+30% w/ Daggers{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Squall{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{td}BSB2, OSB{/td}
{td}+30% w/ Swords{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Video: Fenrir in 27 seconds

I entrusted a SB bar to Squall on turn 1 so he could go directly into his BSB2, while Bartz did nothing but cast Snowspell Strike (no soulbreaks used). Onion had Quick Hit for the instant removal of blinks.

For my team to beat Fenrir in under 30 seconds, I do have to rely on a bit of luck with some doublecasts procs, but with both of their legend dives, doublecasts are fairly common.