Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Damn... I have like 4 other bursts (en-wind, super, bsb), for him as well. I don't have a ton of spare mythril though I might get a gift card are something to pull for it.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Ok.... somehow I've managed to beat all the magicite dungeon sub 1 minute except fire now, which I haven't tried. Damn those magicites make a pretty noticeable difference in the runs now that they're more leveled. After i got fenrir golem started hitting like a wet noodle, and even Bismarck was manageable with help from the passive buffs and resistances.

Am quite digging the new magicite system and how you can beat them eventually megaman style. Can't do sub 30 yet since I don't have any of the really strong SBs, but definitely something to look forward to.

On the lucky draw front I managed to get Quistis' OSB, Fangs BSB2, hope BSB2 and cid raine imperil ssb. Nothing game breaking but 1 disco ball and 3 rainbows definitely feels good. Also with Fang bsb2 + OSB the FF7 torment was pretty fun lol.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I pulled lightning BSB2 I guess? I didn't even know she had a second.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Damn... I have like 4 other bursts (en-wind, super, bsb), for him as well. I don't have a ton of spare mythril though I might get a gift card are something to pull for it.
Not fully Legend Dived Bartz yet but I think he is very RNG on the damage. Bartz hitting one of his 4 weak elements is about as good as Cloud's non elemental output, I used both of them on Hydra and got a similar time.

You are better off saving to pull on a Cloud USB banner, there's a fest this month I think it should appear on.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Bartz really needs to be fully Legend Dived to really make the most of him. The double spellblades go off very consistently but there is RNG involved. Also I'd need to see the math but there is theorycrafting that his LM1 is more damage than the LM from his armor on fights you're not capping damage. His LM1 is a static bonus so will pull ahead over the course of a fight. If you're capping damage, obviously, the double casts will do more damage even if they're infrequent.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Is the next Fest coming up end of the month? I really want to pull on the FF4 banner but the upcoming lucky draws and festival stuff is bonkers good... looks like i'll have to suck it up and wait a little.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Game is just trolling me at this point. Liquid Flame down in 31.2 seconds, and would have been under 30 if Bartz had doublecasted on either of his last two turns.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Finished up all versions and CM's of the new Golbez torment, and the D200 CM was surprisingly hard considering my strong synergy. Jumpstart was a joke though because lol Cloud RW.

For the D200 CM I brought Cecil (USB, BSB), Kain (BSB), Ceodore (BSB), Edward (Hastega), and Porom (SSB Medica), with Shout RW. With shell being my only mitigation, I ended up losing Kain early, and Edward near the end, but still got mastery with two dead. I had so much healing between Porom medica, Ceodore medica, Cecil USB, and Enkidu, and still could barely keep up with the incoming damage. Maybe Wall would have been a better RW, but then I'd have no boost, so I went more of a glass cannon approach, which still worked out alright.

Jumpstart CM as I mentioned was easy with Cecil using Cloud USB RW and a bunch of holy stuff with USB, BSB, Guardbringer, Saint's Cross. Exact team was Cecil, Kain, Ceodore, Ramza, Yshtola.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I only had a chance to do the 200 as a CM. It wasn't too bad. I have Cecil BSB1 and his OSB which I combined with Edwards BSB for holy imperil and I was capping OSB hits.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Torment Dungeons are high end content. They require a lot of preparation and a good selection of relics.

If you're struggling with them don't worry about CMs at all for now. Remember that these are marathons and not sprints. You need to get through the trash efficiently by not taking too much damage, not using too many abilities and generating as much SB gauge as you can. Also pay close attention to which round you are on. You really want to get all of your buffs up on the last round of trash just before the last enemy dies so you go into the boss ready to go.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yeah i know the generic tips. i've got tons of guys at level 99 with a lot of good BSBs to choose from. i probably need to change the way i team build more.

i'm a day one-er that stayed at the cutting edge for over the first year. the last 2-3 months i've been slacking a lot, and have fallen behind in 6* abilities. also way behind in 4* and 5* motes but those dont matter quite as much. and i haven't touched magicite dungeons at all. should probably get that taken care of first...

but even when torments first came out and i had been clearing everything else fine, i had a hard time with them. i think their length makes me not want to trial-and-error my way through them as much...

Chris

Potato del Grande
D200 Torment is still the hardest content in the game really, I've not cleared a couple of them but luckily they do come back.

Sometimes you can auto the trash but BSBs are the way to beat it.

Anything holy weak Agrias FUCKS with BSB/OSB Combo, didn't really even need Cloud RW.

By the way, that 6* Bard ability we got looks good for Magicite Bosses. My Tyro doesn't really do much other than BSB and weak DPS, so it's an easy fit.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
A less common but very useful tip for the D200/D250 torments is to setup one or two healers with the record materia that replaces your normal attack with a healing spell. That gives you an infinite source of healing, which lets you go extremely slow on trash mobs and build up plenty of soulbreak gauges before the boss. Then you can go into the boss fight with 2-3 bars of SB ready to go, and all of your healers real heals reserved for the actual fight.

If you can beat Fenrir magicite, I'd work on that until you get a copy of Enkidu as well. He's super helpful for CM's, and just content in general to be honest. Think I used him even on my A team D300 clear.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Can someone help me understand the magicite stuff? I've done zero on it but want to leap in.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Can someone help me understand the magicite stuff? I've done zero on it but want to leap in.

The roaming warrior is locked to a custom version of Wall (lasts 30 seconds vs normal wall's 25)
The bosses have 80% resistance to breaks and their stats are significantly above the softcaps, so breaks are near worthless
The bosses have an "enrage" timer and their damage becomes unsurvivable around the 1m 25s mark, so you need good dps
Bosses have extremely high def/res, so for the most part you need to stick to their elemental weakness to win in time (with exceptions)
There's no realm synergy, so it's harder to reach atk/mag softcaps without multiple boosts. 6* gear helps a lot.

Some various tips on a per boss basis:

Fire Dungeon (Liquid Flame, weak to water)
- Low incoming damage, with most of it avoidable with instant KO resist
- Uses paralyze, sap, imperil fire
- Easier if you spam him with quick attacks, forcing him to constantly shift forms

Ice Dungeon (Sealion, weak to fire)
- High incoming damage, mix of phys/mag, mostly ice
- Uses imperil ice
- Least tanky boss, can be blitzed down

Wind Dungeon (Fenrir, weak to ice)
- Moderate incoming damage, all physical or piercing magic (don't bother with shell)
- Uses physical blinks and AoE slow
- Wind resist and affliction break is extremely helpful here

Earth Dungeon (Golem, weak to wind)
- High incoming damage, mix of phys/mag, mostly earth damage
- Extremely unfriendly to physical. Uses protect, and physical damage absorb frequently
- Mages can ignore all mechanics and focus entirely on damage
- Uses stun/interrupt often

Lightning Dungeon (Hydra, weak to earth)
- High incoming aoe damage, almost purely magical lightning
- Uses lots of imperil lightning
- Least complex mechanically, it's just a dps race to kill before imperil stacks too high

Water Dungeon (Bismark, weak to lightning)
- Highest incoming damage, uses mixed elements (water, fire, ice, lightning) and physical
- No debuffs or status effects to worry about
- Another dps race to win before dying to the onslaught of AoE

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Wewt Reddit has confirmed we're getting the free 30 pull with 1 guaranteed OSB. The gem only draw with a choice of nearly any BSB is tempting as hell... am missing Raine's bsb so it's highly likely that I'll pop some cash for it. This festival is definitely hype.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
No doubt. I'm definitely spending the cash for the gem draw. I tend to manage my "F2P" game spending based on how much I'm enjoying the games at the time, and I've been loving FFRK recently with stuff like magicite dungeons, etc. We're also getting a new kind of content releasing with the festival called Crystal Tower, which I don't really completely understand myself, but from what I understand we go in and do a gauntlet of bosses using a team of 25 units that can't be swapped once you begin. Sounds interesting in any case.

Festival has some really amazing banners too (based on what JP had, ours shouldn't change much). I've got 305 mithril saved right now, and we get something like 70-100 more during the festival, so I can do a lot of pulls. Some big ticket items I'm hoping to land are:

Banner 1: Skipping this probably, I have 2/3 of the big items (Refia BSB, Master BSB)
Banner 2: Risky banner, lots of dupes, but Terra USB or Rosa USB are both $$$ and many great BSB's too
Banner 3: Ice chain + Cloud USB/BSB2 are excellent, but the rest is average (for me)
Banner 4: Tidus USB, Vaan USB, Yuna BSB are all my chase items. Rest is kinda whatever
Banner 5: Alphinaud USB, Lightning USB are both very nice

I hope the gem draw comes after the festival banners.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
It opens on the 27th not too sure how long it lasts though. Those banners look really good but I think I'll only have enough for 1-2 draws... banner 3 and 4 will be my pick with banner 2 really close behind. Zidane USB and the ffxi stuff are the extras that I'm interested in apart from the usual op stuff. I'm considering skipping the medica banner unless there's a decent chance for USBs since I've got the top tier bsb for the most part.

Also finally got a sub-30 in sea lion thanks to a dived papalymo with bsb. Double casting 8kx6 fire damage is pretty wicked, with a little help from Vivi's osb. Should be more consistent if I manage to beat and farm some liquid flame magicites. Apparently Lulu's bsb is a pickable option in the crystal tower event so may have to do a draw for it.