Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Fujin is the mage version of Vaan - a good addition to a mage team as a debuffer+speedy DPS in one. Wrath + Stitch in Time access is hot. Fujin's SSB is en-wind so these relics pair together incredibly well.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Went ahead and made my picks: Maria and Sarah.

Maria was a good choice, and after mastering her relic in a nightmare dungeon, I went and did my first sub-30 Hydra clear in 28 seconds (will be faster after I make some team adjustments).

I struggled on the Yuna vs Sarah decision, but I just couldn't get past how bad Yuna's LM2 legend dive was, which really hurts her long term power level. Sarah isn't especially amazing or anything, but the FF1 torment is coming soon, I needed the synergy, and her legend dive is a proper healing dive (35% dualcast), so I went for it.

For those who haven't made the pick yet, my own personal opinion for some of the main relics to pick from CT first are:

CT: Yshtola > Fujin >= Larsa > Everything else

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Went ahead and made my picks: Maria and Sarah.

Maria was a good choice, and after mastering her relic in a nightmare dungeon, I went and did my first sub-30 Hydra clear in 28 seconds (will be faster after I make some team adjustments).

I struggled on the Yuna vs Sarah decision, but I just couldn't get past how bad Yuna's LM2 legend dive was, which really hurts her long term power level. Sarah isn't especially amazing or anything, but the FF1 torment is coming soon, I needed the synergy, and her legend dive is a proper healing dive (35% dualcast), so I went for it.

For those who haven't made the pick yet, my own personal opinion for some of the main relics to pick from CT first are:

CT: Yshtola > Fujin >= Larsa > Everything else

I concur on CT. We might be overvaluing Fujin--I don't use Vaan much anymore and it's just a mage Vaan clone--but the relic holds up with powerful ninja magic. Two good uses don't make it great, but everything else is situational and most will be power creeped out.

Congrats on your sub-30! What was your team?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Congrats on your sub-30! What was your team?
I went with:
Faris -- Wrath, Entrust -- Mako Might (entrust battery)
Onion -- Meltdown -- BSB -- DrMogTeach
Yshtola -- Curada, Shellga -- BSB -- Gathering Storm
Maria -- no skills -- BSB -- +30% dam
Bartz -- Lifesiphon -- BSB3, USB -- +30% dam
Video: Hydra 28 sec

Maria, Bartz, Yshtola are all fully dived.

Turn one I had Faris entrust her bar to Maria so she could go right into her BSB for ~50k per round. Bartz lifesiphoned into his en-earth BSB3 + USB with some help from Faris entrusting.

I think future kills I'm going to try Ramza instead of Faris as the entruster. He's slower, but after the first 10 seconds or so I don't need an entrust battery anymore, so Ramza could wrath himself into a party instant cast with his USB once he gets Maria/Bartz into their bursts. Should speed it up slightly. I'm also going to start experimenting with some other healers besides Yshtola. Yshtola puts out more raw healing (when factoring in the bubble) than any other healer I have, but I think on some fights I can afford some loss of healing power in favor of more utility (like Aphmau's USB to give medica + party instantcast), or maybe Sarah with Allegro to speed up the mages.

Edit: Did Hydra again with some tweaks. Ramza wasn't as effective as Faris at entrusting because of his lower speed, but Aphmau was good enough to heal over Yshtola, and his party instacast USB cut a few seconds off my clear time (26.2 victory). Sarah isn't leveled yet to try her, but I think 2 casts of Allegro (6 charges) will help more than 1 charge of instantcast once she's leveled.

Also, FF2 event re-issue is the one with Gigas Armlet!!!!! I've been salty that I don't have any Gigas Armlets forever, so I'm so glad I finally get at least one (still wish I had 2 or 3 like day 1 players...)

Last edited:

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
He got them in the bard event we missed. DeNA hasn't noticed yet, but gave us 1 bard mote anyway.

Same reason Zack doesn't have his Legend Dive.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man, I had fun working on Hydra and its been fun trying different things on Fenrir, I've found one setup that I think will work for me, but Fenrir seems so much more reliant on rng than Hydra.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Yeah Fenrir is a bitch like that with slow - you accessorize for the slow or for the resist element. On a positive note all the damage is physical.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
These event re-runs are so awesome. I remember way back when I was new, I was roadblocking on the Hein fight in one of these FFIII re-runs. I wasted more than a full days worth of energy slamming my head against the wall trying to beat him with no success.

Now I go in and he falls over in about 5 seconds.... lol, at least I finally got my revenge!

All of the missed mithril / accessories / skills are certainly nice too!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Finally beat Dark Magicite... what a horrible fight.

Farming Wind Magicite now and I have enough for 2 lv99 Fenrir and a lv65 and lv50 of the other two :/

By the way the FF3 renewal dungeon has the Onion Knight EXP dungeons do we get a few weeks with almost as good as Sunday EXP!

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I debated on pulling on XV and eventually figured that it’s only Mythril. I got Iris BSB which I’ve been chasing, Aranea BSB and Prompto LMR. Very happy with that. I got the LMR for Iris last time so she becomes a very strong healer with her BSB.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I debated on pulling on XV and eventually figured that it’s only Mythril. I got Iris BSB which I’ve been chasing, Aranea BSB and Prompto LMR. Very happy with that. I got the LMR for Iris last time so she becomes a very strong healer with her BSB.
I just did a pull and im really confused.

Where is Prompto and Arenae's MC3? Got Prompto's BSB so I'd like to break his level cap to 99.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I have almost 1000 stamina worth of FF4 re-run dungeons to complete... going to have to refresh a few times.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I have almost 1000 stamina worth of FF4 re-run dungeons to complete... going to have to refresh a few times.
When did you start playing? That's kind of terrifying given that FF4 has a modest number of events!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Think I started November of last year, or around that at least, so about 11 months ago, but I was a slacker for the first few months I played and it wasn't until like April of this year that I started to fully clear events. For the FF4 re-release I hadn't touched the first event, and apparently I was only able to clear up to the 2nd stage of ELT on the 2nd event, so I have almost two entire FF4 events to clear.

The biggest game changer of this re-run stuff is obtaining the missing accessories, like I didn't even have a full set of lightning resist until this week, which made Hydra harder than it needed to be, stuff like that. I'm going to have to mithril refresh a few times per realm released if there's 5+ events re-opened like FF4 going forward, but they give mithril too so it's a net gain anyway.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
This is giving new players such a leg up it's insane. You're getting enough mythril to chase every god relic for the next 3 months.

Us veterans had a wider array (but probably worse) relics to begin with - those old accessories and the tons of free orbs/eggs/abilities were what gave us a leg up over starting players. Now we have more 5* job motes LOL - good thing I have more stitch in time users!!!

Such a silly amount of power they're handing out if you're willing to grind your ass off for 3 weeks.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Sinzar you are going to have a really good/really bad week when they reopen 7/8/10 and all those events. Luckily they are not opening the earliest events before cid missions so the worst of it may be avoided.

With how well you are doing I feel like a noob at the moment not getting any 30 sec magicite clears as a day 1 player who has spend a little cash on this and has most of the best stuff!

You'll never join the x4 Cloud's Goggles blind resist master race though :)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, damn, I started this game like 9-12 months after launch. Just downed my 2nd magicite, golem(hydra was my first).

The power creep is insane, spending all that mythril on newer events and not old shit where relics may not have even had a soul break if you got one at all will make a big difference. If I sort my shit by order obtained you look at the old stuff its like night and day difference.

I got most of the free mythril from these events, but skipped over a lot of the ultimate fights so there are a lot of orbs/stones I'll be able to pick up. And I did miss some of the event stuff, one of the III events I only did the very first battle, guess I just wasn't playing as much at the time. So yeah, really nice to have this re-run event going on.