Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I've been playing less and less; no good reason... I'm not bitter against the games direction or anything... it's delivered a damn good run as far as my interest in the game. Just feels like exactly how it felt when I finally let EQ go permanently. I think 5* magicites will either be the fire that piques a renewed interest in this fantastic little mobile game for me or be the nail in the coffin if they are too OP and I'm not even making a 25% dent in their health-bars.

Oh, it's old news but my realm update pull was actually pretty good! No SSBs, 2 BSBs and 2 USBs (nothing game-breaking of course).

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I've been playing a lot less myself, but I always go through phases with this game. Don't think I'll ever quit permanently, tho, not until DeNA shuts it down.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not bad, did a pull on the VII banner and got Vincent bsb + csb and Sephiroth aosb, its only the 2nd relic I've gotten for Sephiroth and the other is just an ssb so not that useful other than it is a dark damage katana. I didn't have a fire chain previously though.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Trick to this game is not taking the farming too seriously and having fun clearing the events.

I often have breaks from daily dungeons or magicite. I've not done any magicite for a month or two. I could have WAY more orbs and crystals if I'd maxed out my farming.

What I've never done is miss an event and leave a reward unclaimed (unless it's just gil or Parade Float).

What are you guys spending rubies on? I got the two dual element Spellblades and Vortech. I'm considering going for the full set of 6* single element Black Magic since there's little choice in magic abilities but loads of physical ones.

I even think there's way more phyical characters so you are less likely to have mage SBs.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Bard Motes
We can fix the meme where they gave us one bard mote as a login reward which is useless alone!

I've got tons of these job motes saved up just incase I pull something for a character that needs it. Could be a load of orbs if I tactically shattered abilities made using them.

I panicked dived Celes to lv3 Spellblade when Magicite came out lol, my only character with maxed out Job Sphere xD

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I unlocked 6* job access for every character in the game that has a job sphere, even trash tier units like Umaro now have their 6* skills ready for use! I still have something like 70-140 of every job mote leftover too (and that's with also buying the actual skill for each school on at least one character per jobschool). I've been considering spending the extra to unlock the 3rd job sphere on meta units like Bartz for the 3% extra damage... just haven't yet.

What are you guys spending rubies on?
I've been ignoring the D?? torments, which means I can only buy 2 of 3 skills released per month. My plans are:

Inferno Assault -- skipping, it's good but way too niche (no one but Bartz uses this)
Blast Strike -- bought it, dual element has more flexibility, and Bartz uses both elements
Tempest Strike -- skipped for now, might go back and buy it for 5* magicite.... maybe

Voltech -- bought it, this is the no brainer that everyone in the game better buy instantly
Chain Thundaja -- I have Palom's USB so this one was a sure buy.... Palom goes from overpowered to god tier with this + his USB
Chain Firaja -- skipped, I have no good fire mages at all, but it's a good buy if someone has a meta fire mage (Vivi or Terra with USB, etc)

Chain Stoneja -- skipping for now, I'm confident in my earth options for the first (easiest) 5* magicite
Earth Ironfist -- buying it, I have Tifa's USB2 and Galuf's CSB so I have 2 meta earth monks to make use (and this is the only good earth monk skill anyway)
Fire Ironfist -- skipping, I have no good fire monks

Quick Disaster -- I don't know.... at first glance it's shitty, but there's a lot of hype about using it to build gauge on Shelke faster than wrath... we'll see
Storm Ride -- I got Zidane's USB2 so this is a sure buy. I also have a dived USB1 Vaan, though if I run a wind thief.... it's Zidane.
Burn Ride -- probably skip, but I have Locke's CSB.... I guess it depends how the ice magicite goes for my team.

Lunar Leviathan -- maybe, I have Rydia's USB1 and a dived Alphinaud... and options for magical water are super slim. This would help.
Sapphire Blitz -- the most niche skill in the game, it literally has 1 user even among trash tier units.... Tidus.... but Tidus is meta, so maybe if I need for phoenix
Chain Waterja -- almost definite buy just so Palom can use this vs Belias as an off-element water mage

Lunatic Thunder -- trash skill, after the witch buff this skill is like 5% better than Hell Thunder.... for astronomically higher hone costs
Dark Valefor -- until we see the 5* earth magicite dungeon, this is a skip
Sundering Godstrike -- another single element spellblade that no one but Bartz uses... and it comes like 4 months too late to help with 5* magicite

Enhancing Raid -- absolute buy, best physical holy skill by a mile

Warring Burst -- I have Cyan's USB..... maybe if I'm still stuck on the ice magicite boss 3 months after it comes out, but skip otherwise
Heat Offering -- skip, I have zero machinists
Lunar Ifrit -- same problem as Warring Burst, they add a fire skill months after the ice magicite releases so it's already outdated

............. sorry for wall of text, sometimes I ramble on

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
No that's helpful, I have the same two Earth Monks so maybe I need to consider Earth Ironfist. I feel like that's one niche use like with Tidus/Sapphire Bitz though.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
No that's helpful, I have the same two Earth Monks so maybe I need to consider Earth Ironfist. I feel like that's one niche use like with Tidus/Sapphire Bitz though.
That's a good point, and since you made me stop and think about it, I'll probably hold off on buying it until after 5* magicite comes out. If I can beat Quetzcotl without it, then yeah it's a skip. If I need more earth power to beat Quetzcotl I can easily go back and pick it up and hone it (I'll just keep the crystals in reserve for now).

My current planned Quetzcotl team is:

Galuf -- CSB2 -- both earth Heavy skills (to remove savage mode)
Bartz -- USB1, USB2, BSB3, OSB -- primary dps with a battery feeding him
Shelke -- feeds Bartz
Elarra -- USB -- healer
Tifa -- USB2 -- Gaia Rush.... maybe 2 copies honed to r4 instead of Ironfist? It would be cheaper

Chris

Potato del Grande
That's a good point, and since you made me stop and think about it, I'll probably hold off on buying it until after 5* magicite comes out. If I can beat Quetzcotl without it, then yeah it's a skip. If I need more earth power to beat Quetzcotl I can easily go back and pick it up and hone it (I'll just keep the crystals in reserve for now).

My current planned Quetzcotl team is:

Galuf -- CSB2 -- both earth Heavy skills (to remove savage mode)
Bartz -- USB1, USB2, BSB3, OSB -- primary dps with a battery feeding him
Shelke -- feeds Bartz
Elarra -- USB -- healer
Tifa -- USB2 -- Gaia Rush.... maybe 2 copies honed to r4 instead of Ironfist? It would be cheaper
Oh Galuf has heavy? Need to start honing those, I got dark Cloud to use them too.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Right now he does not, but next festival (in 4 weeks or so?) he's upgraded to Heavy 5, and we get a 5* earth version of the overflow heavy finisher.

It's basically the devs saying here, use this on the new earth chain holder, which was designed specifically for the newest magicite fight lol

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have any experience moving data over between iOS devices using GameCenter? I had to wipe my phone tonight and I thought that the option to use a one-time code was still around, but apparently they got rid of that at some point. I have two devices I play on, and I had previously synced them using the old one-time code method. So I have my iPad that currently has my account on it and have my iPhone that I just wiped. On the iPad, I did the Link Game to Social Account option and selected GameCenter and was given an error saying that GameCenter already has a game associated with it. Figured I must have maybe synced it already and not remembered. Went to my iPhone, loaded FFRK fresh and got to the screen where you can either give Keeper a name or Manage Account. Went to Manage Account, then hit Transfer Game Data to import from GameCenter and when selecting GameCenter there, it gives me the same error saying that there's already a game associated with it. Thankfully, it doesn't seem to have overwritten the iPad's current data, but now I'm not sure how to get that data back onto my phone. Anyone else have this happen or know how to fix it, other than praying DeNa's support is merciful?

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Nice list Sinzar. I've only gotten Voltech and Blast Strike myself, waiting for Earth Fist for Tifa's USB. I am really tempted to pull on the Type-0 banner which has Cinque as well as King, but realistically what I need is an earth Chain for the 5* Magicite. Red XIII's would probably be the best since he's a hybrid and can wrath / entrust in addition to getting 5* BLM later, but honestly I'd take any of them.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
pulled on the first FF7 banner. got Sephiroth USB and Vincent LMR. was really hoping for that Vincent CSB, but i'm happy with Sephiroth USB. hadn't touched the FF7 torment yet (was waiting til i had the mythril for a pull), and was able to pretty easily take down the first two difficulties...

Cloud USB+BSB2+LD
Zack CSB+LD
Sephiroth USB+OSB+LD
Aerith BSB1+LMR+LD
and surprise clutch help from Rude SSB (Protectga+Shellga+Last Stand, with WHT3 access for Dispell and COM4 access for Lifesiphon, worked out pretty well)

got the second difficulty down in 34 seconds, i'm sure i can shave it below 30 if i ever feel like it... don't need the rubies, tho, because after this i was inspired to go finish the other Torments, and got enough rubies to buy Voltech and Stormspell Strike (already had Blastspell Strike).

Voltech on LD'd+en-Lightning LMR Ashe was awesome for the FF12 Torment. without any magic buffs she was still doing 9k+ per hit.

still unable to do any of the D???s, even despite banging my head against the wall with the FF7 one for a few hours. only D280 i couldn't finish was FF12, got it down to 70%... somehow, my FF12 relics are AWFUL. wish those FF12 Banners had lasted another day, would have pulled there again instead.

i need to quit slacking and finish 4* magicites...

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
listened to myself and tried the next magicite 'round the circle -- Kraken

cleared in 55s with this team:

Ashe -- Valigarmanda R4, Voltech R3 -- OSB, BSB, LD, LMR -- Scholar's Boon
Mog -- Shellga, Faith -- BSB -- Dr. Mog
Edward -- Wrath, Entrust -- USB -- Ace Striker
Aerith -- Ultra Cure, Protectga -- BSB1, LD, LMR -- Mako Might
Deuce -- Curada, Allegro con Moto -- LD, USB, SSB -- Battleforged

my only other good lightning SBs are Orlandeau OSB, Kain USB, and King USB. RNG has been cruel tho, and i've only gotten two copies of the physical magicite from Ixion. till i farm those, i think this is my best possible team. don't think slotting in another entrust bot would help much.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
wow, it's been so long since i've HAD to pay attention to my Gil stash that i didn't realize i was running out!

just used the Arcana i earned to get my first Ixion magicite to level 99, and ran out of gil after inheriting the Dampen Water Lv. 6 from my Bismark magicite onto it.

guess i've gotta start doing those Cid Missions that only reward Gil.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
just pulled on the LD... 2 discos, 2 rainbows

Squall USB1
P.Cecil AOSB
P.Cecil BSB1
Bartz WaterBSB dupe

not bad for a LD.

i already have Squall's BSB2. i remember seeing posts when the USB1 first came out comparing it unfavorably to his BSB2. can't remember the details tho, nor can i find the old Reddit posts comparing. anyone remember off the top of their head the deets?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I really want to do the lucky draw, but I feel like I'm too low on mithril for the upcoming stuff and have to save.

Also lucky draws have been terribad for the past year for me. I'm even considering skipping some of the realms on parade draws....

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i got pretty lucky with my Lucky Draw. there's a bunch of SSBs and BSBs in the pool, its definitely a pull-at-your-own-risk banner.

lots of salt over dupes in the Reddit thread.