Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Took 4 pulls but I got Lightning's sync.

Amusingly enough, I missed all 5 of the awakenings on the banner with 4 pulls

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Took 4 pulls but I got Lightning's sync.

Amusingly enough, I missed all 5 of the awakenings on the banner with 4 pulls
Yeah got it in 2 pulls.

Just cleared Lighting Weak Odin with a super gimped team, it just got raped with all the instant ATB / instant cast shenanigans. The only issue was that it only did 80% of Odin's HP solo which led to rebuffing during P3 and a wipe, so I just did some DPS with the Awakening first and swapped Reno for Shanttoto.

I used Shelke to feed bars to Tyro for all his USBs and Shanttoto's gen 1 magic chain, I'm really hurting for a gen 2 physical lightning chain now.

Edit: It wiped out the FF13 Torment in just over 20 seconds. Tried Leviathan but only got it to half health after 30 seconds and the wipe, apparently there's a clear possible with just Lightning doing DPS I just need to rebuff enlightning at the right time with Glint and maybe break Savage 3 with Fabula Mage. Damage was fluctuating between 9K and 27k per hit depending on chain length and savage mode.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I did 2 pulls last night, both were 1/11 with no discos and I was very seriously thinking about uninstalling. Tossed this morning's ticket at the holy banner and went 1/11 again.

Except this time I got my #1 pick from that bloated ass pool, which was Agrias awakening. So I'm still at dangerously high salt levels but doubtful that I'll rage uninstall now.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I gave one try to Leviathan and gave up after he doom'ed my kain and killed him in 5 seconds. Without Glint, Lightning can't solo carry that fight either.

I spent some time trying Titan too, but once again, it's basically a big fuck you to anyone who doesn't have en-wind stacking glint. I'm sure it's doable with my tools, but level of care has reached zero after spending an hour wiping on him because I can't re-apply en-wind.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I gave one try to Leviathan and gave up after he doom'ed my kain and killed him in 5 seconds. Without Glint, Lightning can't solo carry that fight either.

I spent some time trying Titan too, but once again, it's basically a big fuck you to anyone who doesn't have en-wind stacking glint. I'm sure it's doable with my tools, but level of care has reached zero after spending an hour wiping on him because I can't re-apply en-wind.
Yeah I have all the tools to beat Titan except a 5* Glint for Cloud, so I can't make any progress.

I kinda like that they release the bosses before you can beat them, gives you something to work towards.

Now I have 5 Odin accessories the Torments have massively reduced in difficulty, so it's just waiting on something similar for the Magicite.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Got my first 6* esper kill finally, on Leviathan:

Kain -- Impulse Dive, Hurricane Bolt -- GSB+, USB, AASB
Prompto -- Plasma Shock, Tempest Snipe -- GSB+, CSB
Elarra -- Curada, Dispel -- USB1, USB2
Tyro -- Entrust, Wrath -- USB3, AASB
Lightning -- Ripping Plasma, Running Start -- USB1, GSB+, Sync, AOSB
RW: Mage
Esper: King Behemoth

Now that I have a 6* summon to guaranteed break rage, Titan should be doable for me, and it should help on the remaining Odins.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Got my first 6* esper kill finally, on Leviathan:
Woop woop! Well done! Were you cursing when Lightning's Arcane didn't seal the deal there at the end? LoL

Man the high end game has pulled out so far in front of me and what's nuts is that I *feel* high end when I join Multiplayer raids and stuff with the amount of Magia and relics that my top guys have and how much damage others do on bosses versus what I'll put out. Yet I see your stuff Sinz and it's like... nope. That mountain is still going higher! The game really in the past year opened up a LOT of distance between the tiers of player's power.

It's boggling to think of how MUCH content is scattered to the winds of the past if a new player today got the app and gave the game a whirl.

Is Lightning your she-killer Sinzar Sinzar ? Have you tried to do some impressive solo content with her if she is?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I know Lightning with her Sync can do some impressive craziness, but honestly, I haven't really used her other than working on Leviathan.

I agree with you that the end-game of FFRK has gone to hell with the absurd powercreep of bosses, and I hate it. I have the tools to beat Titan and more Odin's, but it's so incredibly hard to get motivated to even play FFRK these days beyond the faceroll event content (which I still keep up with cuz it's piss easy).

Angelwatch Angelwatch has a saying he uses a lot about FFRK: The bosses are either completely braindead simple, or madly insanely hard to the point of being... to put it simply.... just not fun. There's usually no middle ground of "hard, but not too hard, thus enjoyable" content.

I only beat Leviathan cuz that afternoon I had free time and was on a caffeine high from too much coffee so I logged in and grinded it out until I won. Haven't beaten anything new in FFRK since.... but I do plan to work on another 6* soon..... when motivation finds me again.

That probably wasn't the happy, psyched response you were looking for lols, sorry! I'm just salty that I don't enjoy the current end-game of FFRK the way I used to a year ago when difficulty wasn't so stupid and bosses were fun.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Yeah, the mere fact that team building feels like this scientific formula to crack is what drives me batty about ffrk. I almost need to fucking PLAN to tackle a 5* magicite like doing my yearly budget or something... the complexity of the game is staggering and yet it's in this nice, cutesy, packaged free-to-play presentation. I mean look at Tyro:

FFRK_Tyro_Artwork.png

So cute! You could just pinch his little cheeks, and yet when you actually start playing the game and you're inundated with literally the ENTIRE cast of the Final Fantasy franchise and the insane amount of relics that they've made for said cast and who/what/when is best for the situation of tackling bosses, this takes over:

2-complex-math-formulas-on-whiteboard-mathematics-and-science-with-economics-michal-bednarek.jpg

That's what makes the game so remarkable and why I'm addicted!~ It's so simple, yet soooooooooo complex. A+ game.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Vanessa you do multiplayer raids? I've been soloing them for a few years now!

The Dreams bosses or improving my Torment times is the "hard but not too hard thus satisfying" content for me. 5* Magicite is there too if I ever need to tweak my magicite decks.

6* isn't too out of reach, you just need a Sync with a method to rebuff en-element and the correct gen2 chain, the other slots are more flexible. I'm just missing a good lightning chain.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Vanessa you do multiplayer raids?
After I got my Galaxy10 I do, yeah. My old phone couldn't connect to any MPs for some reason...I would get in like 2 minutes after joining and of course the raid was already in progress when I finally popped in and I'd just lose my spot. It saves a touch of stamina joining an MP so the game encourages it really over soloing (unless you're hosting).

I've taken out about half of the 5* magicites. Some of them I feel are just impossible to tackle with what I have. I'll prob never beat every 5* magicite... and that's okay~

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I've pulled so many good relics lately (no Syncs tho), but have so little motivation to play lol.

Biggest thing getting me now is all the Accessories and crystals and etc that I haven't been getting from the final stages of events. I just autobattle all the mythril and maybe one or two stages past that point.

Even just setting up a good autobattle team can feel like Vanessa's calculus problem there.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've pulled so many good relics lately (no Syncs tho), but have so little motivation to play lol.

Biggest thing getting me now is all the Accessories and crystals and etc that I haven't been getting from the final stages of events. I just autobattle all the mythril and maybe one or two stages past that point.

Even just setting up a good autobattle team can feel like Vanessa's calculus problem there.
For regular events?

Don't you have a team for every realm saved? I just use my Torment teams with minimal if any changes, I turn off auto battle for the last few stages but it's still fairly quick.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Sounds like poor Pharma has given up on it !

(Who can blame him?)
You need to play in phases I think.

You have a farming phase where you do your daily 3 dungeons for mithril/orbs and complete events when they come out.

Then you have a learning phase where you use the mithril you farmed to get new items and then go after whatever boss that new item gives you a chance at.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Remember right before Furor quit EQ he said he just logs in to look at his stats but sometimes he forgets to stack his good food (Bristlebane's Party Platter or something... whatever the best stat boosting food was back in PoP) behind his batwing crunchies so that he wouldn't eat his good food while he was afk for hours not even playing the game?

That's where I am with FFRK. I just glance at the utter gaggle of shit I've collected over 4 years and I'm proud of all that stuff because I've *really* put in a lot of time into this game but I also think...

200 (1).gif

• 1Worf

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Screenshot_20200118-110106_FFRK.jpg

Screenshot_20200118-110043_FFRK.jpg

Screenshot_20200118-110136_FFRK.jpg

Screenshot_20200118-110312_FFRK.jpg

Example of some of my team builds. It can save a bit o time now if you have to make a team for a (example) FFV event in which a special requirement needs you to have all FFV characters. Just pull up my FFV Torment team and send them in, make minor tweaks as necessary. If you have a good spread of a LOT of different, varied builds, it helps in the long run.

I'm always open to new tips how to arrange team builds more efficiently. Even these have limited space... Everything has a ceiling dammit! It's a communist system! Haha

Chris

Potato del Grande
View attachment 244202
View attachment 244205
View attachment 244203
View attachment 244204

Example of some of my team builds. It can save a bit o time now if you have to make a team for a (example) FFV event in which a special requirement needs you to have all FFV characters. Just pull up my FFV Torment team and send them in, make minor tweaks as necessary. If you have a good spread of a LOT of different, varied builds, it helps in the long run.

I'm always open to new tips how to arrange team builds more efficiently. Even these have limited space... Everything has a ceiling dammit! It's a communist system! Haha
I have 1 of each torment team, which doubles for realm events (19)

I have 3 of each element team, one for 5/6* physical, one for 5/6* magical and one mixed for Odin. I also have a mixed poison and non elemental team that I never use (26)

I have one for Magia farming

That's ~50 teams in total, now they are built I can do pretty much anything without building a new team unless it's working on Odin/6* Magicite.

I don't have an A team, there's no such thing anymore really. For a random battle where an element doesn't count I'll just grab my strongest element.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Ramuh 6* down.... yeah I went the cheese route, but hey, it works. Hardest thing was finding the free time to spend 3 hours doing this stupidity. Video guide:

Team:

Eiko -- USB1
Aeris -- USB2
Vincent -- BSB1 (radiant shield)
Ovelia -- USB1
Sarah -- bUSB

Skills are mostly irrelevant. All you do is auto-attack and spam last stand + radiant shield for 2-3 hours....

Only thing left now is Titan. With a 6* to help break rage, it should be much more doable.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
That video is exactly what I'm talking about Sinz! It's just tooooo much to do now. You asked at the end "was it worth it?"

I'll never know; there's no amount of power creep that's going to help me get past an encounter like that or spend literally 3 hours on a tap-tap phone game to that level LoL. That vid is crazy !! It's almost like... even if I had the relics to complete it (I just may!), could I? No LoL Just not precise enough for the high end game like that... that is unreal, defeating a FFRK high-end boss is like building a watch.

• 1Like