Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
6* Magicite killed the game for me.

3* was super fun.

4* was challenging.

5* was starting to go maybe too far, but patience and powercreep allowed hope to stay alive.

6* is just stupid. Have barely logged in since it debuted in JP.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I managed to get my FF7 team (Cloud, Sephiroth, Aerith, Red XIII and Vincent) to 99 or nearly, and got some stuff that seems ok.

yamikazo yamikazo that is exactly how I feel every time I am stuck, right before finding the next piece of gear / the right spell / the right info to do something that seemed impossible before. It sucks when you don't find it, min-maxing to the extreme isn't fun. In fact I mostly want to play with FF7 chars and don't really care about others.

I guess power creep will eventually get you there, there is always next month.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Like I said, it's more about the direction of the game and how Vanessa has expressed things. Even on a complete min-max team, you're fighting with no error room against a script and need to memorize your DDR style plan and execute.

Being on the edge of difficulty was fun years ago. Breaking into these difficult fights, then putting them onto farm mode, was incredibly satisfying. But the core boss design was slowly moving in a way that was unfun for me, and now it's at its natural end and I'm not going to bash my head against the wall for a decidedly unfun game. I know some find this content to be great; it's just no longer my style.

I haven't uninstalled, but I'm not collecting any mithil or doing even daily summons.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm saving for 5th Anniversary now in 2 months.

I think there's some mithril pulls which let you choose Awakenings and maybe Glints?

I think the problem with 6* Magicite is that you need Syncs for them, I don't mind bosses releasing early and you work towards them, but there needed to be some content in between. Like they should have been 7*.

Odin is probably the inbetween content but there's no need to farm it.

The other thing is needing the 6* Magicite to beat 6* Magicite.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
It's not the difficulty wall, it's the shift in style of gameplay. Mega-scripted superboss was never fun for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
It's not the difficulty wall, it's the shift in style of gameplay. Mega-scripted superboss was never fun for me.
Agree entirely.

It's funny, because in the old days of 3* and 4* magicite, I'd get annoyed at mechanics like Ixion where it was up to pure RNG whether or not he dispelled your team, and stuff like that.

Oh if I only knew. How I wish for that style of boss design to return.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I unlocked magicites and hit a brick wall.

Guess my FF7 earth and fire teams aren't carrying me past this. I'm pretty happy they got me this far though.

Chris

Potato del Grande

Guess my FF7 earth and fire teams aren't carrying me past this. I'm pretty happy they got me this far though.
You can search the boss name and "FFRK Reddit Mastery" for a thread with sample teams and a link to the boss AI. Most Magicite have a gimmick to play around.

Generally you want 2 ways to boost the attack of your team to deal damage:

What we call "Gen 2 Chains" give a 50% attack or magic boost AND a flat boost to the element increaded by the number of hits on the chain upto 150. That'll do everything you want in one Soul Break.

"Gen 1 Chains" only go up to 99 and don't usually have the 50% Attack/Magic boost. You'll want to pair it with either a Soul Break which gives a 50% boost (Onion Knight has the best ones in the Anima Lens shop) or a Soul Break/Ability which casts Imperil on the boss in the element you are using.

If you don't have a chain, a max Imperil stack (6) and the 50% boosts can do the job. I cleared the 5* Ice bosses without a chain for example.

You also want your characters to have a weapon and armour that boosts the element they are using. It may take time to get these as a new player, but most of us didn't have a full set on the early Magicite bosses. Artifacts can be bought which have these boosts, get the element artifacts and not the realm artifacts.

For defences, Magicite have an auto Wall cast by Dr Mog, so you just need to bring two things:

Protega and/or Shellga if the boss uses physical and/or magic damage, though many attacks on the harder bosses can ignore your defences.

Medium elemental resist accessories on every fight. Your healer can use the Large resists you get from the Nightmare bosses before Magicite, the others come from events and some are in the Gyshal Greens shop, this may also take time.

3* Magicite you should be able to beat missing quite a few of the damage things I mentioned above, I beat them all with Cloud, his damage cap breaking USB and a non elemental ability. It's probably possible to power creep them with 6* abilities.

4* Magicite you need a solid team with Ultra Soul Breaks at least, most of the above and knowledge of the boss AI for the gimmicks.

5* Magicite you also need damage cap breaking Soul Breaks/Abilities, and a seperate physical and magical team for each element.

6* Magicite I can't beat yet, you need a perfect team with a gen 2 chain, multiple Awakening Soul Breaks/Glint Soul Breaks or a Sync Soul Break.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

3* Magicites, craft Wrath + Entrust and feed a ton of SB gauge to your strongest SB caster. Especially if you can get someone to quick cast OSBs. The rest of the team aside from those two slots can be devoted to defense and heals if need be. This is the classic way everyone did them at first back in the day, and still s very strong strategy now. This basic strategy and everything Chris said should get your through all the 3*, fill us in on your specific SBs if you'd like more advice l past this. :)

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
At this point I advise playing something else and not investing any significant amount of time into this game.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
There's still a lot of good content there as long as you're okay with not going balls deep into the endgame

heck maybe new players will do better since all that Realm Dungeon mythril will be spent on banners with Sync SBs

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Anyone crunched numbers around the new RM "Subject of Adoration"?

It's only [significantly] and not [much more] which in FFRK speak is less potent than Battleforged or Ace Striker RMs I know but it also has all three triggers of attack/abilities/taking damage.

Wondering if this is an upgrade to entrust batteries like Shelke over Battleforged & Ace Striker?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

It's only [significantly] and not [much more] which in FFRK speak is less potent than Battleforged or Ace Striker RMs I know but it also has all three triggers of attack/abilities/taking damage.

Wondering if this is an upgrade to entrust batteries like Shelke over Battleforged & Ace Striker?

The math should be the same for this as it is for the other ones I think? In that the three way one won't ever be the best, but it should typically be second or third best after whichever "pure" one is best for that boss.

Second or third because the two way one will be better than it sometimes but not always?

Chris

Potato del Grande

Three triggers? Are attacking and abilities not the same thing?

The Knight's Charge RM triggers off both abilities and taking damage, so it's likely just a second version of that.

It's situational which is better, generally if I'm using Lifesiphon/Wrath I'll use the using abilities one, if the boss has an unusual number of hits on attacks I'll use the taking damage one. Maybe the hybrid one if both are true but that's rare?

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Three triggers in text only, but yes, only two in practice Chris. You have Battleforged & Ace Striker for attack/abilities and Lionheart for damage received at the % of "much more" vs. "significantly" for all 3 (or 2 however you say define it) for Knight's Charge and Subject of Adoration.

I'm sorry, I thought Subject of Adoration was brand new in its effect but it's just a clone of Knight's charge, you're right.

So between all of those, which is the best RM for entrust batteries?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Three triggers in text only, but yes, only two in practice Chris. You have Battleforged & Ace Striker for attack/abilities and Lionheart for damage received at the % of "much more" vs. "significantly" for all 3 (or 2 however you say define it) for Knight's Charge and Subject of Adoration.

I'm sorry, I thought Subject of Adoration was brand new in its effect but it's just a clone of Knight's charge, you're right.

So between all of those, which is the best RM for entrust batteries?
Depends on how many attacks the boss does.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Depends on how many attacks the boss does.

Hecatoncheir_Enemy_FFXIII.png

A Wild Hecatonchier appears!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
It's important to note something that many people misunderstand.

Knights Charge, while it's never the best, it is also never the worst. Lionheart or Ace Striker will always be first, and Knights Charge will always be second

Chris

Potato del Grande
9 Loyalty Draw Tickets
4 Lightning Elemental Draw Tickets
3 Prompto Banner pulls with the 100+ Mithril from the Loyalty Rewards.

Oh and the 2 Prompto Banner pulls last week and most of my Draw Tickets since they came out.

Now I have a Gen 2 Physical Lightning Chain :/

Just missing a Gen 2 Physical Dark Chain and I'm happy with my chain situation. I don't have all of the rest but I've got the one in each element that matches up with the best characters.