Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Chris

Potato del Grande
The amount of new awakenings I've gotten lately have been terrific, and in general my luck has been supremely good with pulls. With the realm countdown, not so much, but where it mattered, shit delivered. In total, without buying any pulls except the occasional $1 pulls on really good draws (I'm dumb like that but still consider myself a F2P player as I never buy full on 11-pull $30 draws), I've received:

0 syncs (but that's okay, because the following more than makes up for it)
Awakenings: Garland, Rosa, Bartz, Terra, Cloud, Tifa, Sephiroth (my fav), Rufus, Squall, Ultimecia, Seifer, Kimahri (lol), Ayame, Aphmau, Lightning, Noctis, Orlandeaueuauaueuuea, Rem, Queen, Machina, Elarra.

Whew!

Still have a free awakening pick too on the current draw. Not sure which to go for. Prob Lulu since I need to get Chupon down (or whatever they call him in this game).

Here's what my magicites are looking like now:

View attachment 257061

Haven't tried to tackle Dark Physical (Doomclaw guy? Dude from FFVI) since I picked up Orlando Awakening recently, so that's on the menu when I have time. Also I think I've owned 4 Torment bosses Mastery completion and the others are hovering on average around 70% done. Gotta love power-creepin. I was only pushing 30% on most of them when they were brand new.

The game has thrown me so many bones over the years because it knows I'm a terrible (but devoted) player hahaha.
FYI there's a Chupon/Typhon sub 30 strategy without using any Ice Mages you can look up in the reddit Typhon Mastery thread.

It's Onion Knight mUSB, Vivi's Doublecast USB, Shanttoto's Doublecast USB, Ellara USB and something else I can't remember since I swapped Sarah's ice chain in... could have been Laguna imperil ice USB but I'm probably wrong.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
FYI there's a Chupon/Typhon sub 30 strategy without using any Ice Mages you can look up in the reddit Typhon Mastery thread.

It's Onion Knight mUSB, Vivi's Doublecast USB, Shanttoto's Doublecast USB, Ellara USB and something else I can't remember since I swapped Sarah's ice chain in... could have been Laguna imperil ice USB but I'm probably wrong.
I'll google it, thanks Chris! I may not even have to cheese it because I got a v2 ice magic chain too, just haven't taken time to "learn it" yet. Like I've been saying, it's about getting in the mindset to say "Okay, I'm going to endure some unhappiness for a bit to get through this event". Equipping a magic user with a jump-attack magicite is precisely those type of odd quirks that I'm talking about with how to deal with this boss and knowing EXACTLY when to do it takes a lot of time. Watching a video on a strat takes a lot of time. Again, just depends on time/frustration.

If I skip Lulu's Awakening, what else looks good? How is Cid Raine's? 10 extra hits with doom (he's usually doomed in my runs, so yeah) with a dark chain if he's shitting out 19,999 dmg per hit sounds delicious.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hear that Orlandeau Awakening is bad because he has no way to get en-Holy or en-Dark, making him useless for 6* Magicite.
Interesting. I have a good enough holy pair in ramza w/ 2.0 chain and ceodore with awakening. Dark I have Sephiroth's awaking and Seifer's chain 2.0. So Seifer awakening also crossed my mind. So that's another one to consider if I don't go Orlandeau then. Decisions, decisions.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Interesting. I have a good enough holy pair in ramza w/ 2.0 chain and ceodore with awakening. Dark I have Sephiroth's awaking and Seifer's chain 2.0. So Seifer awakening also crossed my mind. So that's another one to consider if I don't go Orlandeau then. Decisions, decisions.
I've found Awakening with a Chain to be awkward.

Generally you need to cast Chain, recast Chain then you have an extra bar to play with during the 2nd Chain.

So an Awakening on a Chain holder is there to finish off the boss and not break enrage which I feel is the primary purpose of them.

I'd suggest an awakening on a second DPS before the Chain holder. I wouldn't worry too much about Holy/Dark either as the 6* versions of those are a few months away and the 5* fights were designed to be killed with a Chain and USBs.

What's the list of possible choices? I can't see it as I chose already.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I considered firion because he hits multiple elements, but if he doesn't en element maybe he's bad, onion knight because he is used so much, but then again really difficult fights he'd be entrusting probably anyways. We talked about Seifer. Maria, lightning, and rinoa would all fill gaps for me. And then there is Tyro and Elarra, not sure if tyro awakening is anything, elarra I can see being useful if death cant be avoided on harder fights.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I considered firion because he hits multiple elements, but if he doesn't en element maybe he's bad, onion knight because he is used so much, but then again really difficult fights he'd be entrusting probably anyways. We talked about Seifer. Maria, lightning, and rinoa would all fill gaps for me. And then there is Tyro and Elarra, not sure if tyro awakening is anything, elarra I can see being useful if death cant be avoided on harder fights.
I haven't used Onion Knight for Odin or 6* Magicite. You want the attack/Magic buff from the Chain, but he could help if you don't have a Magic Water Chain. I think he is obselete nowadays.

Tyro Awakening is a crit fixer, used it for Odin but on 6* he wants to be casting Astra or Entrusting so your main DPS can combo SBs together.

Ellara I used on most Odins and all 6* despite only having her USB and having Aeris Awakening and Peneolo Awakening/Glint+. Ellara Awakening gives Last Stand which is otherwise her weakness as a healer.

Lightning Awakening has a 5/10/20 attack chase every other attack, I comboed it with her USB and Sync which gave enough speed and damage cap breaks to get 20x29999 twice and kill Leviathan before the doom timer and ignoring the air bubbles.

I don't have Rinoa/Maria Awakenings, I use Maria USB and it's great but Rinoa has main waifu status and more events with her stuff. Earth is kind of a sucky element for Physical but Ice has good Physical options like Squall.

I'd think about which Gen 2 Chains you have too, no point getting an Awakening you can't buff with your Chain holder.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Actually just made a list of chains because it was bugging me.
Fire physical and magic 2.0
Ice physical 2.0 no magic
Wind physical 1.0 magic 2.0
Earth no physical magic 2.0
Lightning physical and magic 1.0
Water physical 1.0 magic 2.0
Holy Physical and Magic 2.0
Dark Physical and Magic 2.0

That's cool then, I have Elarra's usb. So considering my chains seems Maria's would solid addition. Oh, I need to pull on tonight's banner too.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Damn this is the first event where they are dovetailing relic draws. Every single time before they would close up shop on one and open the next one. Now Phase 1 is through the 30th, while Phase 2 is open tonight open through the 1st and Phase 3 is opening on the 29th.

I wonder what the logic here is for that?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Damn this is the first event where they are dovetailing relic draws. Every single time before they would close up shop on one and open the next one. Now Phase 1 is through the 30th, while Phase 2 is open tonight open through the 1st and Phase 3 is opening on the 29th.

I wonder what the logic here is for that?

There's only 4 banners this time, not 5.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Yeah, and completely ignoring LIT / HOLY / DARK heh... so weird. I dunno, just rolling with the punches, as usual.

Hey DeNA: Still needing 1000 equipment cap raised, and thanks!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I pulled Mog's Awakening! I might start playing again just because of how happy that makes me lol. I've gotten a bunch of other way cooler Awakenings during this time that I've been just pulling and not playing but Mog is most exciting to me, kupo!

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I pulled Mog's Awakening!
From where? I mean what draw banner?

I remember you got all happy over Mog's Ultra too haha.

My favorite animation in this game is Mogs Earth Blues soulbreak. You can pick it up in the Record Lab *if* you lack it with the Gaia Bell. It is sooooo cute.

Are there any other really funny / cute / quirky soulbreaks that a lot of people don't know about or use because they're old and/or not used really in game but are visually appealing or cool? Anyone can answer!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
From where? I mean what draw banner?

I remember you got all happy over Mog's Ultra too haha.

My favorite animation in this game is Mogs Earth Blues soulbreak. You can pick it up in the Record Lab *if* you lack it with the Gaia Bell. It is sooooo cute.

Are there any other really funny / cute / quirky soulbreaks that a lot of people don't know about or use because they're old and/or not used really in game but are visually appealing or cool? Anyone can answer!

One of the VI event banners that are currently up

Yes I pulled there over the fest banners lol

I've got his groupbuff+QC USB and his HyperMultiBreak + ProShellga + Hastega USB, as well as his "chance to heal on dance" and "increase debuff length" LMRs.

As well I do have Earth's Blues as we as his BSB which is MY favorite animation (tho heartbreaking RIP Molulu)

His old one where he chills in the sun on a beach under a parasol was great too

Now I need to get 10 more Record Rubies so I can craft that 6* Dance :)

Last edited:

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I got Mog's awakening for a chance to pull at Terra sync so I used a mage team for all the recent 6 event stuff. Terra, Kefka, and Mog with awakenings, Relm and Strago.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh, I need to pull on tonight's banner too.
So first pull went awful, just a 5* vivi glintx2. Got enough to do a 2nd pull this morning, got one of the chain's I needed, Edea's, and Yuffie's awakening.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Think I may actually pull the trigger on Lulu awakening tomorrow instead now unless convinced otherwise. I have both her lmr's already, she does water and ice and I have a gap in mage awakenings in both elements and I now I have mage 2.0 chains in both elements.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
250 Mithril for Locke's Sync

Technically I got it on the 3rd pull, but went twice more for Noctis sync

Walked away after 5 pulls without Noctis

Locke's a decent consolation prize I guess