Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
Okay, I think I got it now. They seem like a good thing for a newb fuck like me who is totally bereft of sexy items.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i think that if they do the Lucky Banners for us like they did in Japan, they'll also hand us the 25 mythril needed for each banner.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
On the last lucky draw my 11x pull was all crap. I've had quite a few garbage 11x pulls this year. I'm afraid to drop any cash on this game when $28 gives you nothing half the time.

I liked the starter banner where you could choose 1 relic. I picked up Riona's from that one.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Yeah. Assuming we get the Lucky Draws (not guaranteed but it looks likely) than it looks like we'll get 25 Mythril on the first day and another 50 a day or two after they end.

If you're willing to spend money on the game there's a case to be made to spending it on the Lucky Banners. Other than the 100 gem pulls it's the best dollar to relic ratio you can get. Then you just bank the extra Mythril and use it towards the Celebration Banners. You mentioned you were considering spending money so that would be my advice.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yeah there really should be a rolling sort of thing when it comes to 5* relics... Sorrow, you know the one in Heavenstrike Rivals... dunno why they don't just implement pretty much the exact same thing in FFRK.

i got Rinoa's weapon from the starter banner, too. a high MAG thrown weapon is one of the few things i was lacking (been playing since like week 2)... i still haven't used it for the purpose i intended it for, tho -- in the hands of a ninja character, since ninja skills are based on MAG for whatever reason, but ninja usable gear almost never has MAG on it.

anyway, RE: disappointment when pulling items.... the best approach is really just to expect nothing. but you newer guys, keep in mind that even 3* items actually get pretty damn good once you combine them and use them for realm synergy. a 3++ with realm synergy is typically equivalent or slightly better than a 5* without synergy. so.... even if you pull nothing but 3* items, you'll eventually be doing okay.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Guaranteed relics after drawing a certain amount would be lovely.

Right now my biggest issue with the game is farming the easy kill levels on auto. I wish they added an autoplay to instantly clear the level. I want to play the harder tactical levels but first I need to clear out a dozen or more shit simple maps on auto attack. Bleh. Let me autocomplete the easy clear for mithril and spend my time actually playing the game.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah. Assuming we get the Lucky Draws (not guaranteed but it looks likely) than it looks like we'll get 25 Mythril on the first day and another 50 a day or two after they end.

If you're willing to spend money on the game there's a case to be made to spending it on the Lucky Banners. Other than the 100 gem pulls it's the best dollar to relic ratio you can get. Then you just bank the extra Mythril and use it towards the Celebration Banners. You mentioned you were considering spending money so that would be my advice.
Duly noted. Yeah, I will probably spend on the lucky banners. I'm sure I'll get fucked through all of these though, and get either 0 5*'s or 11 versions of the same shitty one.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm sure I'll get fucked through all of these though, and get either 0 5*'s or 11 versions of the same shitty one.
that's the spirit!
biggrin.png

Chris

Potato del Grande
Btw use orbfest to level Black Mage 5 chars to 80 for the Abyss dungeon. Terra/Rinoa/Tyro now and Hope/Vivi or Lulu open up next week from crystal login bonus. Any spare spots give to Combat 5 characters for the next one.

FFT banner has 4 game changing relics so pulling on that. Ramza 50% attack sword obviously, Ramza protect armor means you can drop a WHM from your team, Ramza stun braver resets bosses ATB gauge and Agrias armor has a 50% enemy damage rebuff which I hope stacks with breakdowns.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Agrias armor has a 50% enemy damage rebuff which I hope stacks with breakdowns.
Agrias' shield stacks with breakdowns and fullbreak, which is part of what makes it an exceptionally strong relic/SB. It also has heavy armor levels of defense, bracer levels of attack, and 20% boost to lightning attacks (Hi, Lightning SSB).

It won't stack with other funky relics that do the same thing, but otherwise it's a full-damage-breakdown that stacks with everything.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Phase 2 orbfest drops soon. Any stamina refills go towards Full Charge, as it looks like I'm set for Saint's Cross R3, which is cool but I'm not particularly jazzed about.

I basically skipped the last orbfest (didn't run them all to even collect free mythril), but went hard 6 months ago. 60 mil gil in the bank, and I've the orb stockpile to make anything I want.

I've gone ham on my JP account. Hopefully I'm not setting myself up for burnout (back-to-back orbfest grinds incoming), as I've pushed a lot of mythril into refreshes - going from 101 stamina to 128 is such a quality of life improvement. Looking for a fourth attacker and a healer for that account. I don't know if I'd recommend new players give up all the free mythril and go in on this strategy, but it definitely vaults you into the mid/endgame in a short amount of time.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Cyclone Grimoire and Needle Fork... so I got a wall, but god damn it why couldn't it have been anything else and Sentinel Grimoire.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Haha that's shell&protect right? Frees up white mage slots to d.o other things.

Solid relic but don't think I could bring myself to use fucking quina.

0/11 here :/ Got average pulls on the last set so cant complain.