Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, sorry for the short notice, but I'll be on same time next wednesday so we can try and make this a weekly thing that way we don't all have to struggle pugging these things.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
What did you guys run? I took Vaan w/ Power Breakdown + Magic Breakdown and Mako Might along with Orlandeau and Ace Striker + Life Siphon and Full Charge. Everyone else in my MP was running healer + breaker. It was fucking useless. We didn't even get one of the first set of bosses past 90%.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I used Raines for dps, with Yshtola for wall + heals, Mures had Onion for boost/haste and Relm for last stand + heals. I hosted, and I kept replacing pugs until we got a dancer for AoE breaks + some decent dps with at least one more healer.

First two runs failed because pugs didn't do their job, like the dancer we took didn't use the ATK break dance until like turn 4 (too late by then), stuff like that. Once we landed some pugs who knew their role, it wasn't much trouble to win.

Would have been easier with more people to coordinate with :)

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Sadly I didn't see the post for MP, would've contributed.

I chose my 2 relics - Y'shtola and Ayame.
Y'shtola becomes eligible for the only true healer I'll need for the next 6+ months, especially with having her old wall relic. Not game-changing, but for 50 Mythril it's peace of mind that I have a LD healer and won't ever have to chase for one. Other healers give me suites of buffs and all Y'sh stacks super well with Relm's Last Stand BSB for any turtling.
Ayame may not be game-changing, but she goes next to Edea for a potent Ice combo team. I don't expect to sub-30 Fenrir, but those two should bedrock 4* Ice Magicite clears. Not having to pull for ice for ~6 months is good.

While the +Elemental armor may have been better long-term, these two relics fill out my medium-term shortcomings. For two pulls, I'm happy with that result.

Is anyone else pulling on XV tomorrow? I'd love Noctis' SSB and already have an honed Omega Drive for Cloud in case I pull his other stuff. Prompto and Arenea aren't too bad either as my Lightning teams should be able to sub-30 as I spend more time farming Hydra to stack up Enlils. Iris is an LMR dual cast white mage with Astra on her BSB. Any of these characters are pretty strong if you get at least two of their things.

Chris

Potato del Grande
MP this week being bad is mostly team comp needs being differtent. Bring like... 4-5 healers and 2-3 supports and 1-2 DPS.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Snap sounds like fun - though last time I tried we think my connection screwed everyone's game up, open to try it again for sure.

I pulled.... Vincent USB and Krile's Sheep Song (Fire Whip BTW). Not that I'm complaining cause Vincent USB is top tier fire DPS, but man my fire options are now overloaded with Terra, Papalymo, while water / holy is still kind of in the dumpster. Renewal banners seem iffy, I wouldn't mind pulling for FF1 and FF4 but am bone dry on Mythril.

Edit: Yami I'm sub-30ing Fenrir consistently with Ayame and Lulu USB. Ayame with BSB must be dived to bring out her full potential imo - and it's nice cause you can just buff Mag for Edea since Ayame more or less self buffs to cap on her own... Plus she can use Auron RM3 for 40% damage buff instead of the usual 30%.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I've been making decent progress on magicite, but I can only sub-30 half of them. My current best times are:

Sub-30: Mist Dragon (22s), Fenrir (27s), Sealion (28s), Liquid Flame (29s)
>30: Dark Dragon (32s), Bismark (35s), Hydra (35s), Golem (38s)

Teams for each:
Mist Dragon: 22 seconds
Shadow (LD) -- Ancestral Reflection, Shadow Embodied -- BSB -- +30% dam
Onion -- Drainga, Boost -- BSB -- MakoMight
Raines (LD) -- Memento -- BSB -- DrMogTeach
Nabaat -- Memento, Morid Countdown -- BSB -- AceStriker
Yshtola (LD) -- Curada, Shellga -- BSB -- Gathering Storm

Fenrir: 27 seconds
Onion -- Affliction Break, Quick Hit -- BSB -- MakoMight
Ramza (LD) -- Entrust, Wrath -- USB -- DrMogTeach
Yshtola (LD) -- Curada, Protectga -- BSB -- Gathering Storm
Bartz (LD) -- Snowspell Strike, Blizzaga Strike -- USB -- +30% dam
Squall (LD) -- no skills -- BSB2 -- +30% dam

Sealion: 28 seconds
Shadow (LD) -- Smoldering Fire, Phantasm -- no SB -- +40% ninja
Ramza (LD) -- Fire Veil, Affliction Break -- Shout -- MakoMight
Bartz (LD) -- Lifesiphon, Blazing Twinstrike -- USB -- AceStriker
Refia -- no skills -- BSB -- DrMogTeach

Liquid Flame: 29 seconds
Shadow (LD) -- Water Veil, Raging Waters -- no SB -- +40% ninja
Ramza (LD) -- Lifesiphon, Affliction Break -- Shout, USB -- MakoMight
Tidus -- Lifesiphon, Sapphire Shot -- CSB -- AceStriker
Bartz (LD) -- Engulfing Twinstrike -- USB -- DrMogTeach

Dark Dragon: 32 seconds
Faris -- Entrust, Wrath -- no SB -- AceStriker
Onion -- Entrust, Shellga -- BSB -- MakoMight
Yshtola (LD) -- Arise, Wrath -- BSB -- Battleforged
Raines (LD) -- Memento -- BSB -- DrMogTeach
Firion -- Lifesiphon -- USB, OSB -- +30% dam

Bismark: 35 seconds
Faris -- Entrust, Wrath -- no SB -- MakoMight
Onion -- Lightning Veil, Faith -- BSB -- DrMogTeach
Ashe -- Valigarmanda, Chain Thundaga -- BSB -- Devotion
Desch -- no skills -- BSB -- +30% dam

Hydra: 35 seconds
Faris -- Entrust, Wrath -- no SB -- AceStriker
Onion -- Entrust, Wrath -- BSB -- MakoMight
Raines (LD) -- Meltdown, ChainStonega -- BSB -- DrMogTeach
Bartz (LD) -- Lifesiphon -- BSB3, USB -- +30% dam

Golem: 38 seconds
Shadow (LD) -- Phantasm, Raging Storm -- no SB -- +40% ninja
Onion -- Gust, Shellga -- BSB -- MakoMight
Raines (LD) -- Meltdown -- BSB -- DrMogTeach
Alphinaud -- Tiamat -- BSB -- AceStriker

Shelke for a faster entrust battery should speed up my dark dragon kill under 30s, and will help on Bismark / Hydra.
Bismark I think needs some legend dives, so I'm probably diving Desch in 2 weeks when it releases.
Hydra my problem is that my only real earth relic is Bartz, and he can't solo carry a team to under 30s. Need one more earth dps.
Golem needs either more Raging Storm hones, a legend dived Alphinaud, or both. I kinda wish I had a faithga healer too, but I don't have any.

Is anyone else pulling on XV tomorrow?
I probably should for synergy, but likely won't. The next item in my sights is Ramza's LMR on Nov30th (his BSB2 would be nice, but that's just a bonus). If I could land Ramza's LMR (start with full ATB + instant cast) I can use him to cast his USB instantly on every fight, giving the entire rest of the team instant cast, which would let me apply all of my haste/boost/wall etc in the first 1.5 seconds of an encounter. That would dramatically improve my magicite performance, so I'm going to try to chase that.

The FFX event banner should still be open during the FFT event, so if I get Ramza's LMR without going broke, I'll probably spend the rest on the FFX event and hope for Tidus LMR, USB, or BSB2.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Ramza's USB is clutch - definitely something we didn't appreciate at the time.

The FFTA event is only slightly +better stuff than I already have - Ramza's BSB2, USB, and LMR are fantastic, but the last thing I need is to form a 50-relic paladin team. The FFT event after that has Ramza's BSB2 and LMR but the only other thing I see on there for me is Cid's USB.

Like the new banners JP just released for IX and V they're incredibly top heavy - you either get one of the 3-5 relics you chase or you walk away with a pile of dung. The banners are so good for the first few relics and then drop off to hot garbage.

Aside from the fests, the III and X banners have my full attention. Onion Knight gets a mage and physical USB, Refia's USB is another good fire relic (because we're all missing those), her BSB is superb plus you get LMR's for both of them - 6 worthy relics (not including Onion's BSB), including 2 incredible party boosts. The X banner is just Water God Tidus with USB (thrown +water LOL), CSB, Tidus BSB2, LMR (+water armor) with Rikku's Imperil, Paine's mediocre water USB, and Paine's mediocre BSB (+water armor though).

I'm interested banners that are guaranteed to improve my team's floor with a good chance to improve my team ceiling. None of the other banners I've looked at do that, so I'll cross my fingers for fests and luckies. Chasing one relic on one character gives too high a chance for wasted resources.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Holy crap! Because of a mistake with the Crystal Tower relic selection (they moved Fujin’s from the CT to the gem pull selection by mistake after yesterday’s maintenance) we can pick another relic from each banner!

So I took Tidus BSB and Bartz’s BSB from the gem banner. And I took Yuna’s BSB and Larsa’s from the CT. I was hoping I wouldn’t regret skipping Larsa in favor of waifu Yuna but now it’s problem solved!

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Ya was super surprised and happy. Took Yuna bsb2 for stacking mag goodness and Ashe to supplement my osb. Good guy dena for once!

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cool, got my pw reset.

On the mythril pull I think I've narrowed it down to Fujin so I could do a mage wind team for golem as I have Alphinaud's bsb already; or Yuna because I have her USB. I'm kinda leaning towards Fujin since I already have Y'shtola bsb/legend dive and I have Relm's bsb1/2, ssb, and USB so I've already got a solid second healer. Also considered Terra cuz she is my bae and Beatrix because I have her OSB.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Terra BSB is not a good pick. It’s very outdated and clunky to use.

Beatrix is pretty solid since it’s holy imperil. Imperils tend to hold their value.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, knew Terra was a greedy pick/not much value. What do you think between Fujin and Yuna, is my reasoning reasonable or is Yuna's that good?

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Fujin is probably better. Yuna’s has its uses but it requires very specific group compositions to maximize. It’s primarily a mage meta BSB for the entry buff and then it does respectable damage and heals but takes a turn to setup. Fujin is just solid wind damage out of the box.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Holy shit, regretted my choices as Vaan is yesterday's cheese and Larsa is future unproven cheese.

Took Fujin and Raines, I didn't realise how well they combo together. Fujin is a one woman magic damage resistance debuffing machine with large and medium debuffs with instant or fast casting. Raines I always forget has the instant cast, double cast and self buffs.

Obviously I have the 5* motes to dive them but not the 4* motes... Going to make for a nice mage team!

Struggling with the Dark Magicite despite a complete Agrias so Raines is going to make it much easier. I think Cloud is off that team :)

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
This is an unexpected turn of events. Now to decide what to pick again...

CT banner is now all dupes or bad for me except Yuna and Sarah... Sarah is rare realm synergy that I need, she's a bard5, and she's a way better healer than Yuna (why does Yuna's legend dive blow so badly?). On the other hand, I really need a healer faithga relic to help with my Golem clears, and Yuna fits that description... Going to think on it for a while.

Gem selection I think has to be Maria now that I have Raines. It fixes my biggest elemental weakness (Earth), and she's one of the few BSB's that are still relevant 6 months later in JP, including anchoring a lot of Ixion 4* magicite clears. Going to look over the list a final time before pulling the trigger, but I think that has to be the way I go.

My hesitation on the gem pick is that I still need more Ice power also. Squall can singlehandedly carry my Fenrir sub-30 clears with his BSB2, but that is still my only ice relic, so Ayame or Edea are tempting...

Last edited:

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bah, kinda regret my first larsa pick, still so torn between Fujin and Yuna.

Maybe I just need to dive into golem and fenrir and see how things shake out.

I realized I do have Fujin's jacket ssb and it has +wind on it.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
I'd 100% recommend Fujin if you have her SSB Jacket for En-wind. Heck for my sub-30 Golem runs she ends up chaining 9999x8 insta cast, though it requires setup (including her entering burst mode, the Res debuff on entry is underrated). Add on the fact that she can wrath, chain Raging Storm for quick cast 9999x2 from turn 1, and use meltdown to its full wind effect, i'd call her a very good character.

Only problem is I've now dived way too many mages that I'm out of motes XD. Next up is Cid Raines followed by Ashe.... see you guys in a few months time on that.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Don't think there's much point picking Yuna, she's an A Tier main character in terms of popularity and will be featured on most FFX banners, every celebration and be a candidate for power creep in the future. Her BSB isn't that special.

Fujin (while I have fond memories of FF8 and her boss battles), is a relativly minor side character and will only get FFRK support because her design in this game is popular. While that could happen (it's why she's on the banner), she isn't going to be guarenteed to be on any future FF8 banners or be in celebrations again. Her BSB is the only black magic res debuffer in the game and it stacks two debuffs by itself. Get it!

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Alright, yall talked me into it.

I'm having a hell of a time on Fenrir though and would like to down him before golem if I could.