Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Chris

Potato del Grande
Bought the dark chain so ready for some attempts on Lakshmi now. I've got all the dark DPS items so I'd be surprised if I can't do it, initial tries just seem like it's about timing when you use Unicorn.

If anyone doesn't have a wind chain, Zack's Gen1 chain is just as powerful as Faris' Gen2 chain. It's got the 50% attack buff and while it's got a 99 chain cap and 10% lower field bonus, it boosts crit damage by 50% to make up for it. Which is great considering physical wind is usually about abusing Cloud's 100% crit and lv9 damage cap break on his USB1.

EDIT: Wow Edge SSB trivilaises Lakshmi, the PBlink can only ever block the 75% HP Gravity attack + sap then you recast it after the lightning attack that removes haste. You just need good enough DPS to skip the second round of debuffs. You don't even need to time Unicorn or Ellara USB around the sap since it'll never hit.

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The only Gen1 Chains I don't have are

Garland
Kain
Locke
Seymour

How do these characters fare when you take them to the "wrong" 5* Magicite?

I've already got a chain of every element, but some extra coverage on the 5* fights I don't have a matching physical/magic user for would be nice. For reference, the users of the elements I already have covered are --

Dark -- Golbez
Fire -- Krile, Vincent
Lightning -- Shantotto, Dagger

So I suppose the decision should also take into account how useful they^ are taken to the "wrong" fight. I'd guess maybe Vincent and Dagger do okay taken to the physical fights? So then maybe I should take Garland Dark chain for my physical Dark coverage?

Chris

Potato del Grande
The only Gen1 Chains I don't have are

Garland
Kain
Locke
Seymour

How do these characters fare when you take them to the "wrong" 5* Magicite?

I've already got a chain of every element, but some extra coverage on the 5* fights I don't have a matching physical/magic user for would be nice. For reference, the users of the elements I already have covered are --

Dark -- Golbez
Fire -- Krile, Vincent
Lightning -- Shantotto, Dagger

So I suppose the decision should also take into account how useful they^ are taken to the "wrong" fight. I'd guess maybe Vincent and Dagger do okay taken to the physical fights? So then maybe I should take Garland Dark chain for my physical Dark coverage?
Vincent is a hybrid character, give him the fire Machinist abilities and he'll do great. All his SBs do magic and physical damage if you have any. I did physical fire without a chain originally but I use VIncent now.

Golbez can also use the physical dark abilities, so you are good there. Loads of clears for Lakshi on reddit use him because he can use Banishing Strike.

I think Kain would be the best choice here. You may want to consider not pulling though, I use Shantotto on physical lightning.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So try and pull on tgc awakening again or when is the next time Bartz asb is on a banner?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Ended up going with Kain Chain. Then tonight, got up to 15 mythril yet again, and so checked another Realm Relic Draw off my list -- pulled on the 7 banner and snagged Red XIII Chain!

Mostly because I want to see it all down in one place now, here's my list of chains --

Wind -- Zack
Earth -- Ingus, Red XIII
Lightning -- Shantotto, Garnet, Kain
Water -- Tidus, Strago
Fire -- Krile, Vincent
Ice -- Rinoa, Snow, Serah
Dark -- Golbez
Holy -- Warrior of Light

Not bad :) I really should finally get around to doing the 5* Magicites, still only have Quetzalcoatl down

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
well, King Behemoth down. tried doing it at first with my shiny new Red XIII earth chain, but it wasn't really working out. Earth is maybe my worst element when it comes to magic, but i was making enough progress on him today that i got optimistic. ended up going back with my old Ingus earth chain after all. final party for my clear --

Emperor --- Meltdown R4 + Chain Stonega R3 -- imperil earth USB -- Ace Striker
Onion Knight -- Chain Stoneja R3 + Chain Stonega R4 -- USB3 -- Scholar's Boon
Tyro -- Wrath + Entrust -- God Wall -- Dr. Mog's Teachings
Elarra -- Curada + Hastega -- USB1 -- Lionheart
Ingus -- Wrath + Power Breakdown -- CSB + Earth Radiant Shield BSB -- Battleforged

went with Fabula Raider for my RW and Shell Dragon for my main Magicite. i was capping at 9999 damage tho, so i think maybe i'll try Earth Guardian instead of Shell Dragon.

all of Tyro's entrusts went to Elarra. otherwise ended up being pretty straightforward... just needed the right timing at the beginning of the fight and with each phase change. Emperor died close to the end of my 42s clear.

ugh i really don't want to farm him 3-7 more times tho :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ended up going with Kain Chain. Then tonight, got up to 15 mythril yet again, and so checked another Realm Relic Draw off my list -- pulled on the 7 banner and snagged Red XIII Chain!

Mostly because I want to see it all down in one place now, here's my list of chains --

Wind -- Zack
Earth -- Ingus, Red XIII
Lightning -- Shantotto, Garnet, Kain
Water -- Tidus, Strago
Fire -- Krile, Vincent
Ice -- Rinoa, Snow, Serah
Dark -- Golbez
Holy -- Warrior of Light

Not bad :) I really should finally get around to doing the 5* Magicites, still only have Quetzalcoatl down
That's a better chain choice than I have and I've cleared most of them!
well, King Behemoth down. tried doing it at first with my shiny new Red XIII earth chain, but it wasn't really working out. Earth is maybe my worst element when it comes to magic, but i was making enough progress on him today that i got optimistic. ended up going back with my old Ingus earth chain after all. final party for my clear --

Emperor --- Meltdown R4 + Chain Stonega R3 -- imperil earth USB -- Ace Striker
Onion Knight -- Chain Stoneja R3 + Chain Stonega R4 -- USB3 -- Scholar's Boon
Tyro -- Wrath + Entrust -- God Wall -- Dr. Mog's Teachings
Elarra -- Curada + Hastega -- USB1 -- Lionheart
Ingus -- Wrath + Power Breakdown -- CSB + Earth Radiant Shield BSB -- Battleforged

went with Fabula Raider for my RW and Shell Dragon for my main Magicite. i was capping at 9999 damage tho, so i think maybe i'll try Earth Guardian instead of Shell Dragon.

all of Tyro's entrusts went to Elarra. otherwise ended up being pretty straightforward... just needed the right timing at the beginning of the fight and with each phase change. Emperor died close to the end of my 42s clear.

ugh i really don't want to farm him 3-7 more times tho :)
You should only need 4 of him. I just got 4 of each and double inherited the Element Boon or Element Dampen from the 4* magicites onto each so they had 3 copies of Boon/Dampen. 4* and 5* have the same levels of those skills.

The only ones I have multiples of are Pheonix and Madeen. Phoenix for defensive inheritances and Madeen for offensive. Once you start doing that there's a few extra 5* you need to farm but 4* inheritance will tide you over.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
can someone explain again please how the petrify trick works for the D??? Torments? or do i understand it right -- just need a realm team that can do 10% damage, then petrify one team member and that's it? that's good enough for the First Time and 10% rewards?

seems like just 30 Rubies per boss then, i suppose that adds up when multiplied by 17 realms?

Chris

Potato del Grande
can someone explain again please how the petrify trick works for the D??? Torments? or do i understand it right -- just need a realm team that can do 10% damage, then petrify one team member and that's it? that's good enough for the First Time and 10% rewards?

seems like just 30 Rubies per boss then, i suppose that adds up when multiplied by 17 realms?
You get the 10% and compeltion rewards for just doing 10%. Do that x17 and yeah you'll get a LOT of stuff, especially since you'll often go way beyond 10% with your D280 sub30 team.

I haven't used the petrify trick but I think it's to get the mastery rewards (6* orbs) which you normally need a 100% clear for, you just petrify your entire team to avoid losing medals to KO.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
been awhile since i've tried any of the D???s, turns out maybe i can do considerably better than 10%. i got FFV down past 70% and FFT past 60%. FFV i think maybe i can actually get to 100% with some tweaking, but FFT i sputter out too hard.

Chris

Potato del Grande
been awhile since i've tried any of the D???s, turns out maybe i can do considerably better than 10%. i got FFV down past 70% and FFT past 60%. FFV i think maybe i can actually get to 100% with some tweaking, but FFT i sputter out too hard.
Yeah get it done. I did this when the new rewards came out and I got 1000 rubies and 500 of each mote.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Finally got a 40s Syldra clear after Crystal Water on everyone and a little Magia.

Screenshot_20190608-113429_FFRK.jpg

Firion bUSB
Onion Knight pUSB
Snow CSB
Aerith USB
Laguna USB

It's a fucking nightmare, you have to pay close attention to the AI thread on reddit to do things like not heal before 50% gravity, always have last stand before 75% gravity, dispel haste immediatly after High Stakes and cancel Enrage with a bUSB when your magicite runs out.

3 more to go and I can attempt Adamantoise which will be the last one for me, I've got very little to beat it with too. Hoping it's like the Magic Dark boss where BSBs are enough.

• 1Like

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Congrats on the clear!

3 more to go and I can attempt Adamantoise which will be the last one for me, I've got very little to beat it with too. Hoping it's like the Magic Dark boss where BSBs are enough.

There's definitely been budget clears on Adamantoise, but doing him with only BSBs..... :wompwomp::wompwomp::wompwomp:

Hoping for the best for you though!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Congrats on the clear!

There's definitely been budget clears on Adamantoise, but doing him with only BSBs..... :wompwomp::wompwomp::wompwomp:

Thanks! So... Alphinaud and Fujin BSBs... with Zack, Onion Knight and Ellara. Gonna be great!

Pulled on the current banner for Terra wind gear... no luck. Maybe Vivi USB is useable, I used him as a ice mage on Typhon.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Congrats on the clear!

Well I did it, all Magicites cleared.

Turns out that BSBs on Adamantoise are optimal given you run out of hones when it takes 1:20 to kill. You know it's desperate when Onion Knight is breaking Enrage with his non elemental OSB. MVP was Onion Knight's new materia which gives him +magic damage with rods, means he does good damage even with Dr Mog's Teachings equipped.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Well I did it, all Magicites cleared.

Turns out that BSBs on Adamantoise are optimal given you run out of hones when it takes 1:20 to kill. You know it's desperate when Onion Knight is breaking Enrage with his non elemental OSB. MVP was Onion Knight's new materia which gives him +magic damage with rods, means he does good damage even with Dr Mog's Teachings equipped.
That's epic!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The FF13 dream dungeon boss (highest difficulty) felt harder than most 5* magicite, like wtf. I finally managed to master it with:

* Vanille (not dived) -- Curada -- BSB2
* Rosa -- Wrath, Hastega -- USB2
* Raines -- Necro Countdown, Memento -- BSB
* Nabaat -- Dark Zone, Memento -- BSB
* Seifer -- Power Break, Banishing Strike -- CSB

* RW: Wall
* Magicite: Lakshmi (main), Ark, Phoenix, Madeen, Madeen

Screenshot_20190611-152843_FFRK.jpg

Vanille and Rosa were barely able to keep up with healing, and Seifer didn't really do anything other than cast chain and remove the bosses buffs. Nabaat stacked lots of imperil with her dive/bsb and Raines did most of the damage with dualcast countdown. Of course, dualcasting necro countdown means he ended up killing himself on the doom counter so Nabaat had to solo the last 15% or so by herself.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The FF13 dream dungeon boss (highest difficulty) felt harder than most 5* magicite, like wtf. I finally managed to master it with:

* Vanille (not dived) -- Curada -- BSB2
* Rosa -- Wrath, Hastega -- USB2
* Raines -- Necro Countdown, Memento -- BSB
* Nabaat -- Dark Zone, Memento -- BSB
* Seifer -- Power Break, Banishing Strike -- CSB

* RW: Wall
* Magicite: Lakshmi (main), Ark, Phoenix, Madeen, Madeen

Screenshot_20190611-152843_FFRK.jpg

Vanille and Rosa were barely able to keep up with healing, and Seifer didn't really do anything other than cast chain and remove the bosses buffs. Nabaat stacked lots of imperil with her dive/bsb and Raines did most of the damage with dualcast countdown. Of course, dualcasting necro countdown means he ended up killing himself on the doom counter so Nabaat had to solo the last 15% or so by herself.
Beat it myself an hour ago. My first attempt last week with a realm team was a shit show and I got 30% health off.

Ellara was able to solo heal and I went with Onion Knight mUSB instead of a chain.

Had Nabaat BSB and Raines BSB, only used Necro Countdown right at the end. Also used Sarah USB and Onion Knight as an Ice mage.

Edit: Maintenance day. Could be getting Dark Odin, Anima Lenses (free SBs) and Elemental Artifacts.

Dark Odin awards x5 Medium Resist All Elementals accessories, need those so bad to get rid of some accessories.

Anima Lenses I need SBs to go with Snow and Zach's chains.

I saved all my artifact stones so going to start getting the elemental weapons for whichever Odin I'm trying to clear. Will probably do Wind first because Cloud.

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Almost an overwhelming amount of new stuff with that patch. I'm way behind on Record Dungeons so I don't have enough for any of the good SBs yet anyway.

It's old content but I gave Gilgamesh Torment another solid attempt yesterday. Got him down to 97%. Bah.