Final Fantasy VII Remake

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I imagine it'll be priced like ff15. And incomplete like ff15 for years after release. Because it's ff15 reskinning ff7

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yep. They ended up abandoning the DLC path they laid out for final fantasy 15 before it finished, this game wouldn't be an exception if it didn't meet expectations. Speaking of, that game was another gem Nomura had his hands on.

I will eagerly await the cancellation announcement.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Jesus so much rage and salt.

Wait for reviews and/or get the first game and buy the rest if the first is good enough. I'll be the first to complain if it's not up to standard.

The demo shows that this is likely to be a perfect adaptation and the leaks haven't yet shown the length of the game.

I can see people being pissed about MMOs or multiplayer games they invested a lot of time and money into, but this is a single player game and you can play the original on most platforms.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
When they announced this I just wanted a scene by scene remaster with 4K graphics. No extra shit, no changes to story, nothing. I would have gladly paid $60 to just play a pretty nostalgic game. Yet here we are.

1578489819479.gif

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
When they announced this I just wanted a scene by scene remaster with 4K graphics. No extra shit, no changes to story, nothing. I would have gladly paid $60 to just play a pretty nostalgic game. Yet here we are.

View attachment 242038
I’d want more than just a remaster, I’d want them to completely recreate the art assets. But leave the mechanics the same and only clean up the story in places and add bonus content, either side quests or expansion of the main story in some places

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It is pretty fucking pathetic that the remake of this will probably take 10 years to release in full lol.

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It has the added benefit of taking up resources so we don't have a FFXVI inflicted on us for that 10 years

• 1Truth!
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't think we'll get another 13 Versus situation, We aren't going to wait til 2030 for 16 for example.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It has the added benefit of taking up resources so we don't have a FFXVI inflicted on us for that 10 years

They stated 16 was already in full development. So that's good :)

Thing is, they were trying to 3rd party this out with CC2 until they realized nothing was getting done. So I doubt SE wanted anything to do with this to this extent anyway.

• 1Tiresome
  • 1Like
  • 1Rustled

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Which means they are not real enthused to create the full FFVII experience and unless sales are stellar they'll abandon it.

Sweet.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Which means they are not real enthused to create the full FFVII experience and unless sales are stellar they'll abandon it.

Sweet.

Thats the only thing that gives me hope that they’ll do a good job. “Look guys 10 installments of FF7 depend upon good sales, we have to nail it.”

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Imagine if they do knock it out of the park with a 10 year episodic content at full price of a game they made 23 years ago. Good god we may be in for a shitty decade of piecemealed game remakes.

Remaster bux aren't enough anymore!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Imagine if they do knock it out of the park with a 10 year episodic content at full price of a game they made 23 years ago. Good god we may be in for a shitty decade of piecemealed game remakes.

Remaster bux aren't enough anymore!

That's exactly why everyone should rent this. Eyes are watching. I guarantee you Todd Howard is salivating right now on how to pitch this concept if it actually works.

"Hey guys we can remake Elder Scrolls Daggerfall and sell 10 parts of it for $59 each!"

In fact I am not surprised Bethesda didn't think of this all on their own considering they just figured out how to monetize private servers by limiting that functionality to their own data centers in FO76....

• 1Triggered
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'd be so happy if they created a second studio that was just focused on turn based FF's that were in the old style.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'd be so happy if they created a second studio that was just focused on turn based FF's that were in the old style.

I would agree. Or, just remakes of FF3, 4, etc - in 4k with redone art assets and maybe some quality of life improvements.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Here's what makes me salty right now. Real talk.

For you cuck boys heres a $80 DELUXE EDITION. Look what word is not anywhere on that sales pitch for the product.

Not once does it mention that this is a, "EPISODE 1." Multi-Part Story is a bit vague about what it actually is.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like