Final Fantasy VII Remake

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m down with remakes, I still replay 1,4,5,6 once in a while. I prefer the ones with better graphics and QoL improvements.

Rude

Potato del Grande
Thats the only thing that gives me hope that they’ll do a good job. “Look guys 10 installments of FF7 depend upon good sales, we have to nail it.”
I think you're giving them too much credit. They're probably going to bank on people going all in on a nostalgia trip and do as little as they can to milk the cash. The franchise has been in a decline since FFX. Again to continue beating up FF15, it took a few years for them to finish the game after they released it. The base game was a dump. Funny enough that simple combat was expanded a bit for kingdom hearts 3, which I'm sure this remake is borrowing from.

If SE was going all in on nailing this the game would have been out a few years ago, not coming out in a few months. They tried to farm it out and do bare bones work in house and it utterly failed. Most likely fully threw it all in the garbage and started over with a primary team once kingdom hearts 3 wrapped up late in 2018.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I think you're giving them too much credit. They're probably going to bank on people going all in on a nostalgia trip and do as little as they can to milk the cash. The franchise has been in a decline since FFX. Again to continue beating up FF15, it took a few years for them to finish the game after they released it. The base game was a dump. Funny enough that simple combat was expanded a bit for kingdom hearts 3, which I'm sure this remake is borrowing from.

If SE was going all in on nailing this the game would have been out a few years ago, not coming out in a few months. They tried to farm it out and do bare bones work in house and it utterly failed. Most likely fully threw it all in the garbage and started over with a primary team once kingdom hearts 3 wrapped up late in 2018.

They restarted in fall of 2017. KH3 was made by SE Business Division 3. SE is pulling random resources for this, but they didn't have to wait for KH3 to launch to pull from those folks.

FYI: The director and producer reallocations are a result of division consolidation going into 2020. They are moving from 12 to 4.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
What if $60 actually gets you every episode of the full release but it's bolstered by MTX outfits like $20 Tifa Nipple Tassels

• 2OK, Sure
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That's the problem with the eventual Steam PC release, they lock down all the NC-17 mod shit.

Merrith

Here's what makes me salty right now. Real talk.

For you cuck boys heres a $80 DELUXE EDITION. Look what word is not anywhere on that sales pitch for the product.

Not once does it mention that this is a, "EPISODE 1." Multi-Part Story is a bit vague about what it actually is.

They've been saying it would be episodic for years, and literally stated at e3 the first installment would be Midgar only. Any idiots that don't know by now probably are illiterate and it wouldn't matter if it was on there or not. Anyone with interest in this knows already.

• 1Hodjing

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
While I am certainly a retard how many more retards do you think are out there who will be buying this and thinking its a full remake?

I'd reckon a lot.

Merrith

While I am certainly a retard how many more retards do you think are out there who will be buying this and thinking its a full remake?

I'd reckon a lot.

If it's really a lot, people are even dumber than I already think they are in general. Info's been out there for months/years. No sympathy.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
That's kind of sad though. I did midgard in a single day when the game came out
I got to Sector 7 and thought all the dialogue was boring then played Crash Bandicoot 3 for two months. Then I played the game through and had my mind blown.

I think that the only RPG that had ever been released in the UK was Zelda lol, and that's light on dialogue, I didn't understand what was going on lol.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
FFXV had a hell of a lot in common with Secret of Mana. That game was also half of what it was supposed to be in world size/story/etc and most of the unused assets from it became Chrono Trigger.

FFXV, like SoM, axed most of the world that they showed in their beta screenshots, most notably the continent of The Empire (in both games) being almost entirely cut. In both games, the Emperor had multiple generals who seemed like a big deal at the outset, then got zero or almost-zero screentime aside from the one ancient immortal general (Thanatos/Ardyn) who usurps the Emperor, and then the Emperor dies offscreen with no explanation near the end of both games.

It's uncanny.

Square fanboys who bark about how the game is "finished now" after the five DLC chapters...LOL. Yeah, no, the missing 80% of the world map begs to differ. At least they used the World of Ruin for something.

My point is that in a weird way FFXV seems like a transplanted version of Secret of Mana. Also borrows a lot from FFVI, from the same era.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just play this then.

Yeah, nobody is forcing people to play this. If you want a remaster of the original, there's a legal one on PS4 already. And there are superior modded ones on the PC. You can even download the original with no changes or buy it for like $15. I don't get all of the people who are upset because this game changes things. I'm not saying it'll be good or that the changes will add anything at all, I'm just saying that it's a bizarre thing to be upset about when the original and HD versions of it, like, already exist.

• 1EyeRoll

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Yeah, nobody is forcing people to play this. If you want a remaster of the original, there's a legal one on PS4 already. And there are superior modded ones on the PC. You can even download the original with no changes or buy it for like $15. I don't get all of the people who are upset because this game changes things. I'm not saying it'll be good or that the changes will add anything at all, I'm just saying that it's a bizarre thing to be upset about when the original and HD versions of it, like, already exist.

Because people are cry baby faggots.

Utnayan Utnayan TJT TJT

• 4Worf
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Was XV that bad? Like I said I heard mixed things, most people I talked to who played it agreed it wasn't the dogshit that stuff like XIII was, and enjoyed some of the DLC content. The battle system never appealed to me that much (and was one of my major concerns with 7R at first, that they would make the battle system too much like it...but looks different enough that it'll be enjoyable), and watching some of it, felt like a major departure from the Kingsglaive movie they released prior to the game (which was pretty awesome).

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was XV that bad? Like I said I heard mixed things, most people I talked to who played it agreed it wasn't the dogshit that stuff like XIII was, and enjoyed some of the DLC content. The battle system never appealed to me that much (and was one of my major concerns with 7R at first, that they would make the battle system too much like it...but looks different enough that it'll be enjoyable), and watching some of it, felt like a major departure from the Kingsglaive movie they released prior to the game (which was pretty awesome).

FFXV was the video game/FF equivelant of the movie Stand By Me. I liked it, some cool scenes, but you can tell a lot of the story got gutted near the end to push the release so if you don't enjoy the visuals/combat side you are probably in for a bad time.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'd rate it at superman64 level. Absolute dog shit

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users