Final Fantasy VII Remake

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Was XV that bad? Like I said I heard mixed things, most people I talked to who played it agreed it wasn't the dogshit that stuff like XIII was, and enjoyed some of the DLC content. The battle system never appealed to me that much (and was one of my major concerns with 7R at first, that they would make the battle system too much like it...but looks different enough that it'll be enjoyable), and watching some of it, felt like a major departure from the Kingsglaive movie they released prior to the game (which was pretty awesome).
It’s not as bad as the nerds here say it was, but it wasn’t particularly good either. The story has a decent set up early and then they totally shit the bed in actually executing on the setup. The road trip bromance was pretty well done up until the point where they abandon that and put the story on rails, and the the train jumps the tracks and falls in a volcano. And the combat is pretty awful, summons are retarded, and the royal arms are pretty worthless.

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Was XV that bad? Like I said I heard mixed things, most people I talked to who played it agreed it wasn't the dogshit that stuff like XIII was, and enjoyed some of the DLC content. The battle system never appealed to me that much (and was one of my major concerns with 7R at first, that they would make the battle system too much like it...but looks different enough that it'll be enjoyable), and watching some of it, felt like a major departure from the Kingsglaive movie they released prior to the game

I beat it and thought it was ok. I didn’t do a ton of the side activities or mini games. Graphics were well done I thought. And good music and sound design. The 13th chapter was balls deep retarded too until they revamped it.

I watched the movie before hand and was glad I did so I knew what was going on. I thought the story was fine. But overall there arent any memorable moments (as I cannot remember any) and I traded it in once I found out the dlcs were cancelled.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rude

Potato del Grande
It’s not as bad as the nerds here say it was, but it wasn’t particularly good either. The story has a decent set up early and then they totally shit the bed in actually executing on the setup. The road trip bromance was pretty well done up until the point where they abandon that and put the story on rails, and the the train jumps the tracks and falls in a volcano. And the combat is pretty awful, summons are retarded, and the royal arms are pretty worthless.
The game was shit dude. The story wasn't good at any point, if you didn't watch Kingsglaive you didn't even know what the fuck was going on. Diamond Weapon, the dude who smoked the king - they die in the movie (which the game never makes a mention of). Someone brought up the empire being cut out almost entirely, the emperor dies off screen, etc. Combat was ass too. If I recall you just hold one button and it ends after awhile. Magic was ENTIRELY useless. I mean what did it have? Moments like Prompto mentioning he's a monster when he can open a single door in the last dungeon, people shrugging and then that's it? Neat-o deus ex machina moments? The game was dog shit and I wasted 20 bucks on it. Cid's daughter was hot I guess.

• 1Salty

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Game was terrible

How Insulting for characters to disappear and return and say "I had such a crazy adventure" and never speak of it again. Then you have to buy the dlc

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Cid's daughter was hot I guess.
i've seen her get cosplayed a lot, as always asian version is the best
3ffad0c795f63416556a86265d338f3a.jpg

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What if $60 actually gets you every episode of the full release but it's bolstered by MTX outfits like $20 Tifa Nipple Tassels

I could see them putting in hot DLC outfits for Tifa and Aerith. They wouldn't be available in Japan because at 22-ish, those two are too old to be sex symbols there. Maybe Yuffie, though at 17 or 18 she's still pushing things into cougar territory for Japan.

Remember when we got FF7, FF Tactics, FF8, FF9, and FF10 in back-to-back years? I think I picked the best time in human history to be a teenager. Would kill to have those days back. I got to thinking though, in an ideal world where Square went all-in and used the even greater resources at their disposal now to full effect, we could get: FF7-1 in 2020, FF16 in 2021, FF7-2 in 2022, Dragon Quest 12 in 2023, FF7-3 in 2024, and FF17 in 2025. With FF7 being done in a mere three chapters. They could call them "Disc 2" and "Disc 3" if they wanted to be cheeky. Imagine that world for a second. Whatever we're actually getting, it won't be that. I can wish though.

The game was shit dude. The story wasn't good at any point, if you didn't watch Kingsglaive you didn't even know what the fuck was going on. Diamond Weapon, the dude who smoked the king - they die in the movie (which the game never makes a mention of). Someone brought up the empire being cut out almost entirely, the emperor dies off screen, etc. Combat was ass too. If I recall you just hold one button and it ends after awhile. Magic was ENTIRELY useless. I mean what did it have? Moments like Prompto mentioning he's a monster when he can open a single door in the last dungeon, people shrugging and then that's it? Neat-o deus ex machina moments? The game was dog shit and I wasted 20 bucks on it. Cid's daughter was hot I guess.

Also if I remember right you almost couldn't die in FFXV for whatever reason. Like you had infinite chances to continue or something. Cid's daughter is great though. Up there with Lebreau in FFXIII as the hottest FF chick of this decade.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, FF7 was released to the PlayStation in January of '97. I was still playing Sierra's "The Realm" at that time. And yeah, EQ came out in March of '99, so that really was an amazing time to be in and/or just graduated from High School. I remember being a Telemarketer with TruGreen Chemlawn. I drove over to Best Buy right after school was over to pick EverQuest before headed into work for the afternoon.

Ok, this suddenly changed to not being about Final Fantasy at all, but whatever. You get the idea. Late 90's into early/mid 2000's were the best age to be a High School student then a worthless incel that didn't go to College. Such great memories... of video games. I don't really remember much of "real life" during that time, except going through a stage where I hated women after breaking up with a girlfriend that wanted to change me as well as monopolize all of my time. Then not finding something else to fuck almost instantly. Oh well, at least I got over that one by mid 20's. Oh, I do remember going to a few Fan Faire's. EverQuest to the rescue!

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well, FF7 was released to the PlayStation in January of '97. I was still playing Sierra's "The Realm" at that time. And yeah, EQ came out in March of '99, so that really was an amazing time to be in and/or just graduated from High School. I remember being a Telemarketer with TruGreen Chemlawn. I drove over to Best Buy right after school was over to pick EverQuest before headed into work for the afternoon.

Ok, this suddenly changed to not being about Final Fantasy at all, but whatever. You get the idea. Late 90's into early/mid 2000's were the best age to be a High School student then a worthless incel that didn't go to College. Such great memories... of video games. I don't really remember much of "real life" during that time, except going through a stage where I hated women after breaking up with a girlfriend that wanted to change me as well as monopolize all of my time. Then not finding something else to fuck almost instantly. Oh well, at least I got over that one by mid 20's. Oh, I do remember going to a few Fan Faire's. EverQuest to the rescue!

A+ Incel Origin Story

• 3Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I'm not a fan of episodic content particularly, but what they've shown so far looks fun and pretty faithful to the original material with a more action based slant.

At the end of the day, it's banking on nostalgia to a certain degree, but VII still has a great story, cast of characters and world... and seeing that in HD is worth it for me as a fan of the series in general.

Utnayan is a cuck who talks about how amazing the HZD and The Last of Us was, so anything he says should be taken with a mountain of salt.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If people want to spend money to relive that FF7 experience, even for only 20 hours, let them.

I'm buying it regardless. People do have the right to expect quality and more content, but this is a remake of an incredible classic, SE knows there is a demand for it, so they kind of have a lot of leeway.

People are going to eat this up.

Edit: what we really need is a VI remake and a Phantasy Star remake. Chaz and Rika were the shit, loved that game.

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Except its not a remake of an incredible classic. It's 1/6 of one.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Why does it have an update first thing that says the title was wrong and they don't know when the demo is being launched. A+ editing would read again.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If people want to spend money to relive that FF7 experience, even for only 20 hours, let them.

I'm buying it regardless. People do have the right to expect quality and more content, but this is a remake of an incredible classic, SE knows there is a demand for it, so they kind of have a lot of leeway.

People are going to eat this up.

Edit: what we really need is a VI remake and a Phantasy Star remake. Chaz and Rika were the shit, loved that game.
Phantash star games technically got remade on the ps2 or PS3 but never released her. It's a shame that series got retarded with online

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Why does it have an update first thing that says the title was wrong and they don't know when the demo is being launched. A+ editing would read again.

That's Gamespot for you.

My guess is they got it right and SE jumped down their ass to be as secretive about it as they are anything future planned for this completely unethical business model.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm just really jaded by how bad and unplayable and nonsensical ff15 was. I couldn't get over how terribly cobbled together that "final" product was

• 4Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That's Gamespot for you.

My guess is they got it right and SE jumped down their ass to be as secretive about it as they are anything future planned for this completely unethical business model.

Or Gamespot is just dumb. Wouldn't be shocking in the slightest.

• 1Like