Final Fantasy VII Remake

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I wonder how much time I spent on the original FF7.

Few 100 hours for sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's happening!

Got a notification by delivery company, it's being delivered tomorrow.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I wonder how much time I spent on the original FF7.

Few 100 hours for sure.
I actually remember specifically after getting KotR and some All materia or whatever that I went to beat sephiroth and clocked in at 56 hours. Always stuck with me and I've used that number as a measuring stick in all rpgs since.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I actually remember specifically after getting KotR and some All materia or whatever that I went to beat sephiroth and clocked in at 56 hours. Always stuck with me and I've used that number as a measuring stick in all rpgs since.

This is interesting because I do the same. Except my RPG of reference was Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. Which I clocked in finishing at 124 hours or so and this is my measure stick for RPGs.

Weird.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
20 hours without worthless filler bitches. Just like I said.

Bend over.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, turning this into an action RPG is just..... so Square these days.

I tried the demo and the new graphics and spiffed up music had me for a moment on pure nostalgia. But then I seriously examined the gameplay, particularly during the boss battle they give you, and realized that I would be better off jerking off while watching Advent Children if I wanted a FF7 nostalgia fix. The Vincent centered PS2 game was a better game than this one, in terms of pure gameplay. Fuck you Square for raping your own classics. And I don't even really think FF7 was particularly stong in the series.....

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Here comes the filler bullshit boys! This garbage is even coming out of the SA forums.

You know what would be really fun and not at all padding, if after the first bombing mission they make you distribute water filters throughout the slums.

At least there arent any sewer rats that need killing.

e: I spoke too soon.

And here comes the apologists!

Instead of thinking "ugh sick of this padding, I just want to get back to the REAL content", you should maybe enjoy all of the new content you're getting???

You only have to do 1 or 2 of the side quests to progress btw. You even get to choose!

Oh joy a new one :) Forcing mundane dynamically generated horseshit kill/fetch quests to pad game length to save face on this butt swipe of a Visa.

1585835251242.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Holy bullshit! They did just that. Most ALL side quests and Mercenary quests are MANDATORY to progress the game :p

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1Like
  • 1Barf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Lol

1585838723104.png

So a kill quest and a delivery quest. That's some solid shit.

With that said, this is an MMORPG forum at heart so mundane filler shit might actually be liked here. Carry on.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
FF7 and the original Lunar RPG for Sega CD were my all time favourites. I dumped a ton of time in FF7, even using morph to farm for permanent +1 stat items somewhere underwater until everyone was maxxed. So much to do!

How will future chapters work, will it use whatever your current level/gear is from this game hopefully?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
FF7 and the original Lunar RPG for Sega CD were my all time favourites. I dumped a ton of time in FF7, even using morph to farm for permanent +1 stat items somewhere underwater until everyone was maxxed. So much to do!

How will future chapters work, will it use whatever your current level/gear is from this game hopefully?

Square enix has no idea. They didn't even start working on the 2nd episode until 4 months ago. And they have no plan as to how many episodes it will be either. It's all speculation.

You just keep quiet and go kill those rats and deliver water filters. Worry about that later :p

Tarisk Tarisk Merrith Merrith I may have been wrong on this one. Make that 13 hours of actual main content and 27 hours of forcing you to collect and deliver bear skins just to get to it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

I maxxed everything, did all the ultima weapons, and must have spent at least 100 hours on just the snowboarding game.

God this game was good when it came out. It had everything. Even great turn-based combat, for which the technology was obviously lost in the later 90's, because its been shit since.

Chris

Potato del Grande
20 hours without worthless filler bitches. Just like I said.

Bend over.
I've just replayed the original and beat it in 20 hours, wasn't even trying to be quick either and backtracked for enemy skills.

• 1Like