Final Fantasy VII Remake

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can kill it without grinding.

Give Barret 5 cover materia, back row him, give him a tranquilizer and defend. Other characters cast poison until it's poisoned and heal/defend, no Beta if you don't attack when it stands up.

I never catch a Chocobo.

If you want Beta it's a little trickier, I just go back after you get the 2nd Enemy Skill and Manipulate, as you'll backtrack for White Wind anyway. There's an Absorb Fire ring in a basement in Costa Del Sol to help.

You can get Beta on your first encounter without grinding.

1. Fire-Elemental linked in the armor of the character with Enemy Skill.
2. Talisman on character with Enemy Skill.
3. Poison materia on a second character.
4. All characters in back row.
5. All characters in Sadness status.
6. All characters Limit Break Bar full.

Should be able to kill him on your first try with 1 character alive and Beta learned.

I use Red, Barret, and Cloud at this point. Red with the E-skill.

EDIT: I forgot to say: Use 2 Graviballs at the start, make sure poison sticks. Don't attack the snake with your E.Skill character once the Zolom is below 2000hp.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rude

Potato del Grande
Says the person who hasn't had a single fucking counter argument to anything I've said besides dropping a faggot reaction. I already covered this calling your opinion shit because you're talking out of your ass about a game you haven't played and are trying to find any speck of an example you can to feel so fucking proud you were right on ONE thing, even if it's not specific to that complaint, despite being wrong on everything else. Fuck off and try harder.
Took long enough for you to come out of your shell, beta cuck, I'm proud of you. And yeah I was digging pretty hard this morning. Had the game on was frantically searching the internet, threw together a staff meeting with Utnayan Utnayan and Dick Dastardly, the whole 9 yards! Or what really happened is you're a dumb fuck who is reaching and got shit on.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Like I said I'm enjoying it, but it's definitely MORE linear than past titles. Even ffxv was pretty open world right out the gate

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
13 wouldn't have been shit on nearly as much if it didn't have the most basic-bitch nonsense Final Fantasy characters and plotline ever conceived. Had absolutely no idea what was going on the entire time I played it. Every character in that game was a Chinese Spiderman version of a character from a previous game that actually had personality. Oh, these two look too much like Ashe and Penelo? Fuck it, give em both pink hair.

If the gameplay, the characters, and the motivations are interesting 40+ hours later, you can tolerate some corridors.

• 2Like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I've never seen so much salt in an FF thread before. Even X-2 didn't have this much bitching from a forum full of pseudo-alphas.

Don't like it? Move on, the fuck. You should've known what you were getting into. These people literally just stopped working on FF13-3.

• 1Worf
  • 1Faggotry

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They are moving on.. right into other game's forums. "Is this game's combat better than FF7R?" and then it devolves into a bullet point list showing how bad they suck at video games in general.

This is the circle of game whining.

• 3Worf

joz123

Potato del Grande
No this game is linear like FF13 was linear. In FF7 original I could just walk around anywhere in the world at least. In this i have a hallway followed by a hallway followed by a monster room. So far, while I enjoy this im giving it a 6/10 for final fantasy games
You couldn't move around the world till after Midgar. You must not have played the original.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Worf

Evernothing

I use 7th Heaven mod. I will post a screenshot of which mods I use when I get home from work today for sure. [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven - 7th Heaven Modding Tutorial

ninostyle on most character models
Milenia + Mike on Cloud swords

1587438123052.png

The Sepll Textures mod would not D/L through 7th Heaven for me, so I downloaded it directly. It shows as "data" in the my mods pic above.

1587438441281.png

Zaide Zaide

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That wasn't my point, yes I played the original. Original is top 5 RPGs of all time for me.
Well you're making a bad point. As people have said here, the Remake is only Midgar and it is as linear as the OG. Now, if Part 2 still feels as linear as Part 1? Then you'll have a point that everyone would support.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll agree to disagree because I don't want to argue anymore. If this was a 6 hour segment I wouldn't mind. But it's not

• 2Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
chapter 9 before i figured out how to use upgraded Materia !
That shit should be in the same menu, not an upgraded menu.

I througt the lvl 8 boss was a bit of a pain with lvl 1 spells.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Finished this up yesterday - this is likely the first console game ive finished in about a year - I was totally carried by the nostalgia and trying to grasp wtf was going on at some points.

I'll give it an 7 as a game and a 10 as a final fantasy - The game just drags in some parts and this is because they stretched midgar the fuck out to the point i was literally wishing it would be smaller again because it just felt like naruto fillers alot.

As a FF its a 10 - while the story got strange, if you hadnt figured out what was going on with clouds visions after the first few then you failed. The ending while derp makes me eager to play the next.

I admittedly didnt spend time with some materia - haste and barrier carried me heavily.

Also playing any part without Aerith sucks because ive never cared for Barret.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
chapter 9 before i figured out how to use upgraded Materia !
That shit should be in the same menu, not an upgraded menu.

I througt the lvl 8 boss was a bit of a pain with lvl 1 spells.
What do you mean, like you were casting fire instead of fira?

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
At times I would still intentionally cast fire over fira if it was simply for triggering a stagger. Some mobs would instantly stagger or already be half staggered anyway and an upgraded cast didn't seem worth the MP cost. But I know I was way too conservative with my MP usage at times.

Aerith definitely felt overpowered at times. Her ATB gauge always felt like it filled way faster than others and when controlled manually, and she seemed to have some of the most useful ATB abilities for dumping the that on. The double cast aura she could lay down helped me stagger way too many enemies.

Evernothing

Finished this up yesterday - this is likely the first console game ive finished in about a year - I was totally carried by the nostalgia and trying to grasp wtf was going on at some points.

I'll give it an 7 as a game and a 10 as a final fantasy - The game just drags in some parts and this is because they stretched midgar the fuck out to the point i was literally wishing it would be smaller again because it just felt like naruto fillers alot.

As a FF its a 10 - while the story got strange, if you hadnt figured out what was going on with clouds visions after the first few then you failed. The ending while derp makes me eager to play the next.

I admittedly didnt spend time with some materia - haste and barrier carried me heavily.

Also playing any part without Aerith sucks because ive never cared for Barret.
I've got bad news for you...

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users