Final Fantasy VII Remake

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Sorry but this guy sucks and is a sham anyway. He just writes reviews on what the general gaming public thinks weeks after a launch. (And this was about the most unfunniest thing I have seen... I mean, brutal unfunny. But, I am glad your wife liked it at least.) I showed it to my wife and she said, "This guy makes a living doing this? You're 500x more funny in listening to you from up 2 flights up lighting up some really bad player in that remote controlled car soccer thing you play".

Utnayan making a post about Angry Joe like this?

*glare*

*glare*

*GLARE*

YOU DONE FUCKED IT UP

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Eh, could just give Tifa wind materia like I did, makes it a lot easier.

That's pretty much the strat for tougher enemies, but annoying as fuck for stuff you should just be able to Triple Slash to death pretty quickly only it wouldn't hit flying stuff and you had to mostly just rely on regular attacks (also trying to conserve MP in Hard Mode).

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
C4C6D6A8-ECA9-4015-BE45-DB8FD36F684A.jpeg

spronk

FPS noob
There are a LOT of combat tricks that you really only start picking up (and kinda requiring) in hard mode, like tifa + atb dodge is absolute insanity, you can shuffle around like a crackhead just bobbing and weaving through trash and wrecking everything, then drop a chi bomb in the middle of packs while you keep dancing. Doing two unbridled strengths with that atb material that gives you more atb for executing commands then following up with a bunch of triangle moves is an insane amount of damage.

Got the platinum tonight, i finished the game about 2 weeks ago at around 60 hours played and then to clean up the trophies and replay the game in hard mode took another 55 hours (!). didn't think it would take that long, but it was really, really fun. The difference in bosses between hard mode and normal is crazy, I musta spent a good 5 hours practicing the final battle VR set of fights to get the cool limit break amulet. I ended up with 600k gil and everything maxxed out, hope saves carry over to part 2.

FF7R_PlatTrophy.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Tifa is so much fun too play after playing monk in 14 for years, not quite the same stacking system but it's very close but obviously designed for SP.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The main thing that annoyed me were interrupts right after I entered a command.
The most frustrating thing in the entire game is waiting for your ATB to fill and casting something like Aeroga but the npc fucking moves randomly and your ATB/mana is completely wasted for nothing. Or using a limit break only to do nothing at all because the npc moved or decided to start a mid fight cutscene.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
The most frustrating thing in the entire game is waiting for your ATB to fill and casting something like Aeroga but the npc fucking moves randomly and your ATB/mana is completely wasted for nothing. Or using a limit break only to do nothing at all because the npc moved or decided to start a mid fight cutscene.

Lol true ya that was annoying af.

Malakriss

“We are pleased that we were able to top 3.5 million units given that we chose to produce and ship fewer physical disks due to the impact that we foresaw from the coronavirus outbreak, ” said Yusuke Matsuda.

“Disk sales were lower than we had initially anticipated, but growth in digital sales increased their percentage of the whole, which we expect to lead to a better gross margin.”

Square Enix also has some initiatives to grow the sales of Final Fantasy VII Remake, although they are not ready to disclose it as of yet.

“Capturing new players is key. I will refrain from going into the details, but we have plans for initiatives to capture players throughout the year, so please keep an eye on our progress. I also note that we will not engage in any marketing strategy that relies solely on pricing.”
I wouldn't mind a FF7R crossover event with FF14 but we'll see what they put out.

Merrith

Malakriss

Tifa theme is available for free for everyone who didn't bother with Nestle bullshit.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I’m working my way through hard mode, it’s honestly not so bad at least yet. Super important to have the right materia set up for each boss/area though. Prayer and chakra are both good for keeping health up without using MP, first strike and triple slash does a good job with most trash.

I’m sure some of the later fights are going to be a bitch though

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So are there any actual items/materia/gear on hard mode that you can get that are worth getting? Seems like there isn’t, and don’t want to bother searching out the map or even opening chests if that’s the case

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Assuming you got everything important in normal mode, I don't think there's anything that requires scouring the whole map a second time. You can't get a second Magnify (or any other limited quantity materia, unless it's a quest reward like, say, Prayer) by looting the spot again if that's what you were hoping.

Hard mode is mostly about completing your manuscript collection as far as rewards go, and those are all from side quests/bosses.

So basically, do most/all the side quests again, but otherwise just go directly from one objective to the next in order to save MP.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
the first thing you wanna do when you complete normal is go to chapter 17 (normal or hard), get to the battle VR (just have to kill 1 trash mob, its right past the battle VR kid in a room) and finish up everything so you can do the final 700 point one, Pride and Joy. You may have to replay chapter 9 or 14 (?) in normal and finish all the corneo coliseum battles first, if you didn't do them all in your normal play since Pride & Joy is only available after you have completed all battle and coliseum fights.

when you finish that final battle VR you get an amulet that starts your limit break full, it makes hard mode 10x easier since you can pretty much kill all the trash with cloud, barrett, or tifa without having to ever expend any mana. Otherwise killing bosses in hard mode gives you manuscripts which increase one characters SP which lets you max out their weapons. There are actually techniques for killing almost every boss in hard mode without using any mana, I think only 2-3 require some mana usage.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Gotcha, yeah I’m doing all the side quests because most of them have manuscripts from the bosses anyways, just wasn’t sure if any of the limited materia was replaced by something worth getting, makes it easier. And I never did finish the corneo coliseum because by the time I got around to it I had already had Aeris taken. Didn’t want to farm AP so have been doing the earlier hard mode chapters since they are easy and can level up the last ranks of materia like elemental that take a lot.

Guess I’ll skip to the corneo coliseum chapter and finish that

Malakriss

Only weird missable thing for hard mode is the Chapter 6 manuscript is in a new treasure chest near the summon materia location, because the chapter doesn't have a real boss.

• 1Like

Merrith

Wind materia and magnify to cast the lowest level Aero brings trash mobs to you and pressures most of them. Ridiculous. The amount of builds people are figuring out for this are nuts.

• 1Like