Final Fantasy VII Remake

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People were talking about the DLC cost since the end of February when Amazon discounted the PS4 version to $30. Then they decided to put the a non-upgradeable version on PS+ and we all knew idiots would have trouble understanding.

Now with the names it ensures there will be plenty of forum and social media posts with monkeys scratching their brains.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
the naming is absolute shit, the full version which includes the base remake game is called Intergrade while JUST the DLC for owners of the game already is called Intermission. How the fuck is someone supposed to talk about this shit without coming across like an autistic weeb

"Hey you wanna buy Final Fantasy VII Integrade as a gift for our boy Timmy? No, if you buy Intergrade you get Intermission. If you just buy Intermission you still need to buy the remake. You know what, fuck Timmy that little faggot only plays Fortnite anyways and we don't need him getting ideas about chopping his dick off after watching Cloud's dancing scene"

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Sony and other companies still need to communicate better. You shouldn’t really have to research wtf you’re buying because of confusing names and versions and shit. This is just one of several examples I’ve seen of poor wording.

Research seems a strong term, every youtube video, facebook post, article, etc over the last month and a half it's the first thing everyone points out. Just seems like anyone trying to get it as early as possible should have known for awhile now what the deal was.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
"Research" now includes reading the product description of the thing you are buying.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
"Research" now includes reading the product description of the thing you are buying.
When you have confusing product descriptions yes. It should be pretty simple to read a description and not have to look further than that. That’s all my point is...clean up the descriptions.

Like...wtf is this garbage.

FABDFAEE-0839-48AC-81D1-1DA28C38E639.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The 1 year exclusivity should have been done couple days ago, they usually on top of that day 1?
FFXV took a while too(4months after the year exclusivity), and the exclusivity might be longer, especially if Sony thought it'd make a good flagship series for the PS5 early library. They might have bought exclusive rights until the 2nd ep is released or whatever, don't really know.

Merrith

FFXV took a while too(4months after the year exclusivity), and the exclusivity might be longer, especially if Sony thought it'd make a good flagship series for the PS5 early library. They might have bought exclusive rights until the 2nd ep is released or whatever, don't really know.

I hadn't heard they extended it at all, but I guess that's possible. Either way if other games took that long after, don't think anyone should worry too much if we're only 4 or 5 days past the deadline right now.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

FF7-R Intergrade is PS5 exclusive for at least six months
So possibly Xbox / PC (maybe gamepass) at the end of the year / early 2022? Hopefully the next part of the game isn't an exclusive at all. Would love to just go with a PC version from the start. Though with the current lack of exclusives, I guess paying for exclusivity for the PS5 version would make sense. Then again, it might cost way too much for an exclusive if Square decides that exclusivity to the PS5 will severely hurt sales of the game due to the limited availability of the PS5 compared to releasing it on all platforms.

spronk

FPS noob

"For users who download the free Final Fantasy VII Remake PlayStation 5 enhancement update, the new episode featuring Yuffie, titled FF7R Episode Intermission, will be available as a separate purchase at PlayStation Store for $19.99 USD starting June 10, 2021."

i dont think people who got the free PS+ version though are eligible for the PS5 upgrade. Whole thing is weird and messy and I assume the episode is gonna be pretty short anyways

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I knew they would piecemeal this game as much as possible. I’d hope it’s 10 hours or so for $20. Will be interesting reading how big it is for that price.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah PS+ version is definitely not getting the PS5 upgrade, there's even another reminder at the end of the blog post.

$20 seems like an awful lot for Yuffie DLC, and my money is on it being nowhere near 10 hours (3-4 would be optimistic imo). Pricing in general for FF7R Intergrade on PS5 is pretty retarded overall too. They're charging the new $70 price tag even though you can just upgrade the PS4 version for free, so that extra $10 only gets you the Cacstar weapon... which is only for Yuffie even though it's a version of the game that doesn't even come with her DLC. It's probably just as useless as the Cactuar materia was in the original deluxe edition too. And of course, the PS5 deluxe version is the full $90 with no discount at all for buying it as a bundle.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah PS+ version is definitely not getting the PS5 upgrade, there's even another reminder at the end of the blog post.

$20 seems like an awful lot for Yuffie DLC, and my money is on it being nowhere near 10 hours (3-4 would be optimistic imo). Pricing in general for FF7R Intergrade on PS5 is pretty retarded overall too. They're charging the new $70 price tag even though you can just upgrade the PS4 version for free, so that extra $10 only gets you the Cacstar weapon... which is only for Yuffie even though it's a version of the game that doesn't even come with her DLC. It's probably just as useless as the Cactuar materia was in the original deluxe edition too. And of course, the PS5 deluxe version is the full $90 with no discount at all for buying it as a bundle.
Yeah we all saw this coming.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

They're charging the new $70 price tag even though you can just upgrade the PS4 version for free, so that extra $10 only gets you the Cacstar weapon... which is only for Yuffie even though it's a version of the game that doesn't even come with her DLC.
PS5 (Intergrade) has Yuffie included, not sure where you read that it's not. If you have the PS4 version and free upgrade it that's the only time you'd pay $20 for the DLC.

Cheapest of any option was to pay $30 when the PS4 went on sale and then buy the DLC later. Cacstar weapon likely will be free to download in a few months.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah im hoping Gamestop will Guarantee to Love intergrade, then you can pick up the game friday, play just Yuffie DLC on saturday, and trade it back sunday for $69.99. they haven't said yet though whether it will be under their G2L program

gamestop does have a steelbook exclusive for it so i'm getting it anyways

Merrith

i dont think people who got the free PS+ version though are eligible for the PS5 upgrade. Whole thing is weird and messy and I assume the episode is gonna be pretty short anyways

Why would they be? They didn't purchase the game. You get the free upgrade to PS5 version is you bought the PS4 version. Then all you have to do is buy the DLC separate. If you didn't buy the PS4 version, you buy PS5 Intergrade for everything.