Final Fantasy VII Remake

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's pretty odd that you forced yourself to play all the way through a game you weren't enjoying.

For the record Aerith is the best character (behind Cloud) because of how strong magic is, at least on hard difficulty.
cuz i didn't want to get spoiled by the orchestra

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
jack black wtf GIF

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm

On a related note, there are some outfits with bare feet so it appears gloves/footwear are tied to it directly rather than a generic option.

If that's your fetish you need to bug the creators to have that version.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Aerith dies. Cloud was a Shinra Grunt not a 1st Class Soldier and is deluding himself. Hojo is Sephrioth's father. JENOVA is a space alien not an ancient. Cloud has sex with Tifa before the last dungeon. Cait Sith is a robot controlled by Shinra Executive Reeve and is a traitor. Welcome to 1997.

• 3Like
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Aerith dies. Cloud was a Shinra Grunt not a 1st Class Soldier and is deluding himself. Hojo is Sephrioth's father. JENOVA is a space alien not an ancient. Cloud has sex with Tifa before the last dungeon. Cait Sith is a robot controlled by Shinra Executive Reeve and is a traitor. Welcome to 1997.
did you play remake? it's actually only barrett that dies

• 1Faggotry
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In other news, I don't know what I was expecting, but reveal this year and not release date this year is maximum rustle. Now that I've actually played the remake I'm forgetting that it's going to take them 15 years to release the entire game :(

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You ever heard of Rajaah Rajaah ?

It's a weird OCD thing where I have to finish everything I start. I think Spirit Tracks might have finally broken me out of this pattern because it was SO BAD. I had to finish the Zelda series, but at what cost?

In other news, I don't know what I was expecting, but reveal this year and not release date this year is maximum rustle. Now that I've actually played the remake I'm forgetting that it's going to take them 15 years to release the entire game :(

Well, if they're doing a 3 year release window (that is, IF it'll arrive in Q2 2023) then that isn't TOO bad. If it's 3 parts like a lot of people are speculating, that's just six years from Pt 1's release to Pt 3's release.

I think it's more likely to be 5 parts, or 12 years, but I'm probably wrong because that'd put it on 3 console generations (PS4, 5, and 6) which seems like overkill for remaking one game.

3 parts is doable if they don't add too much. Kalm through the end of Disc 1 is about as many areas as Remake Pt 1 covered in Midgar, and Disc 2+3 are even fewer areas than that. I'd rather see 5 parts with shorter release windows myself. I could see Pt 2 going up to the Forgotten City, then ending on a cliffhanger right before the Aerith stuff happens. If it covers that much, then Pt 3 will probably be the last one. If Pt 2 only goes up to like, Nibelheim or Temple of the Ancients, then there'll probably be 4 or 5 parts. Hell, worst case scenario, Pt 2 might only go up to the Gold Saucer area which would mean who knows how many parts total.

• 1Like

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I was watching a playthrough of this and had no idea that they still hadn't released the other parts yet. I just thought it was weird they never left the city the entire game and that they decided to keep Aerith alive and only have, like, 4 characters. I also kept falling asleep so figured I just kept missing important plot points. Maybe when they get closer to releasing part 3, I'll consider playing through these.

It did inspire me to boot up my NES Classic and play through Final Fantasy on that for the first time ever. Maybe I'll work my way through the others that I never played, as well.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I was watching a playthrough of this and had no idea that they still hadn't released the other parts yet. I just thought it was weird they never left the city the entire game and that they decided to keep Aerith alive and only have, like, 4 characters. I also kept falling asleep so figured I just kept missing important plot points. Maybe when they get closer to releasing part 3, I'll consider playing through these.

It did inspire me to boot up my NES Classic and play through Final Fantasy on that for the first time ever. Maybe I'll work my way through the others that I never played, as well.
you can try the pixel remasters, they look nice, vi is gonna be released this month

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's pretty odd that you forced yourself to play all the way through a game you weren't enjoying.

For the record Aerith is the best character (behind Cloud) because of how strong magic is, at least on hard difficulty.

Has there been some new Aerith builds I missed out on? I remember a year ago people were breaking the game with Tifa dodge and combo abilities, was by far the best character back then.

Fadaar

That guy
I'd really like to think having all the art assets and whatnot would make follow up releases a lot faster. Plus for part 3 and beyond they won't have to deal with PS4 hardware limitations.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I'd really like to think having all the art assets and whatnot would make follow up releases a lot faster. Plus for part 3 and beyond they won't have to deal with PS4 hardware limitations.

Thinking the same. And also assume that, like all studios, covid had an impact on development time on this as well. Wouldn't be surprised if original design docs had initial release scheduled for 2022.

My hope is that part 2 is early 2023 and that it is large enough that there is only a part 3 after that and that it releases late 2024. Guessing it will be much shorter from part 2 to 3 than 1 to 2. Unless they pad it with DLCs to spread it out for more money (which they most likely will). Should be easier to tell how many parts they are aiming for based on what part 2 will contain.

What I am curious about with a part 2 is how will they handle the "open world". If you look at the opening movie with the bird flying towards Midgard over the desert/dead area, the scope is massive. Be kind of weird to have you traverse that in a matter of seconds like the original, but I hope it isn't just a linear path movement like FF13 until the next area. Where there is no open world/world map, just perhaps some larger "zones" where you constantly follow a scripted path.

Also curious about what carries over to part 2. I assume choices made on who you pick will carry over, like in part 1 who helps in what order with Sephiroth is tied to what you do and such with Aerith/Tifa/Barret. Which I also assume ties in with who goes on the date at the golden saucer.

Will it be stand alone and not "require" Part 1? What will be the "canon" for someone who starts with part 2? Or will part 2 automatically include part 1 (doubt that)? Or will Part 2 be more like a $70 expansion on top of part 1?

Will levels/materia carry over? A normal run will get you to around 35-38? You'll need to do hard mode/grind to get to 50 which is max level for part 1. Can you then enter part 2 overleveled by 15ish levels having mostly maxed materia ?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Has there been some new Aerith builds I missed out on? I remember a year ago people were breaking the game with Tifa dodge and combo abilities, was by far the best character back then.
Depends how crazy you want/need to get. Just doublecasting nukes at boss vulnerabilities kills most hard mode bosses very fast. Pairs well with Tifa (or Cloud) to fill her ATB for more nukes, while triggering Synergy for even more nukes. For those sections where you need a lot of MP you can pair your Synergy element with an MP absorb as well to freely refill her MP almost at will. The only relatively new thing is the Synergy revamp if you played before Intergrade. It's super strong/must use now.