Final Fantasy VII Remake

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone playing this on the PC? Still want to get this but I don't use my PS4 anymore for gaming. Heard bad things about the port at the start.

Merrith

Depends how crazy you want/need to get. Just doublecasting nukes at boss vulnerabilities kills most hard mode bosses very fast. Pairs well with Tifa (or Cloud) to fill her ATB for more nukes, while triggering Synergy for even more nukes. For those sections where you need a lot of MP you can pair your Synergy element with an MP absorb as well to freely refill her MP almost at will. The only relatively new thing is the Synergy revamp if you played before Intergrade. It's super strong/must use now.

Interesting, will need to watch some vids/try some stuff out. I think a lot of the fun with Tifa combos was the sheer brokeness it felt like depending on how good you were at her combat.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Gold Saucer will be DLC.

I can very easily see a scenario where Part 2 only goes up to Corel and the Corel prison stuff, with Dyne as the final boss (well "final boss" the way Motor Ball was, there'll be something new after it). Have a feeling Part 2 will be very Barret-centric as is. It'll introduce Yuffie as the sole new character.

Then Gold Saucer being DLC would make a TON of sense, and introduce the next new character (Cait Sith) the same way Part 1's DLC did with Yuffie.

I really liked the part in OG FF7 where they were running around in some mountains and there were abandoned train tracks or something. Can't remember if that was before Corel Prison or after it. Either way I hope that part is in Part 2. It's the first thing I think of when I think of OG FF7 for some weird reason and it makes me nostalgic, probably because it was one of the parts my mom sat down and watched while I was playing.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Anyone playing this on the PC? Still want to get this but I don't use my PS4 anymore for gaming. Heard bad things about the port at the start.
i finished my run on pc, going through yuffie chapters now, all those complaints? i didn't see em, my wife finished ps4 months ago and says pc looks nice, didn't bother turning on the ps4 to compare (no idea where the disc is at)

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
The abandoned tracks were around the corel mining maps, they'd use mining carts to deliver goods so you could go up one path and down another. Digging shit up was actually a dig site up where Aeris gets kibab'd

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can very easily see a scenario where Part 2 only goes up to Corel and the Corel prison stuff, with Dyne as the final boss (well "final boss" the way Motor Ball was, there'll be something new after it). Have a feeling Part 2 will be very Barret-centric as is. It'll introduce Yuffie as the sole new character.

Then Gold Saucer being DLC would make a TON of sense, and introduce the next new character (Cait Sith) the same way Part 1's DLC did with Yuffie.

I really liked the part in OG FF7 where they were running around in some mountains and there were abandoned train tracks or something. Can't remember if that was before Corel Prison or after it. Either way I hope that part is in Part 2. It's the first thing I think of when I think of OG FF7 for some weird reason and it makes me nostalgic, probably because it was one of the parts my mom sat down and watched while I was playing.
Yeah I think this makes sense. I mean they could easily do it in one or two more but given how much non-original stuff they are creating, they could go on for 5 more "episodes" or whatever.

Chris

Potato del Grande

It's before Corel Prison and yeah I love that part too.

Unless we have the worst case scenario and the next part is only Junon, that bit is 100% going to be in part 2.

I can't really imagine anything other that finishing up Part 2 at City of the Ancients, maybe Temple of the Ancients if they change the story.

Note that Yuffie's party member is a prototype for Cid as they both use polearms.

spronk

FPS noob
JUW_xhCf.jpg

• 12Worf
  • 5Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 17 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i just finished the yuffie mini card game

it's only 5 fucking levels, choadly is the last fucking guy you face

i found this clash of clans game fun and kinda pissed it's so short, i didn't even finish a chapter yet, i just went around challenging ppl first and stopped once wedge (level 3) kept kicking my ass cuz my cards/board were shit, after i did a quest (the first part of the main story) and picked up a new board, then i was able to beat him easily.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
i just finished the yuffie mini card game

it's only 5 fucking levels, choadly is the last fucking guy you face

i found this clash of clans game fun and kinda pissed it's so short, i didn't even finish a chapter yet, i just went around challenging ppl first and stopped once wedge (level 3) kept kicking my ass cuz my cards/board were shit, after i did a quest (the first part of the main story) and picked up a new board, then i was able to beat him easily.

If you do the DLC on hard mode you get another level of the minigame (all your opponents will be that same level). You have to beat them all if you want all of Yuffie's manuscripts.

• 1Like

Merrith

Unless we have the worst case scenario and the next part is only Junon, that bit is 100% going to be in part 2.

I can't really imagine anything other that finishing up Part 2 at City of the Ancients, maybe Temple of the Ancients if they change the story.

Note that Yuffie's party member is a prototype for Cid as they both use polearms.

It really depends if they're looking to make it 3 parts total or 4. I think expecting Part 2 to only go to Junon isn't likely, unless they're really serious about the "smaller parts to get them out faster"...although it not making it out until 2023 would kind of make that really dumb. If they do 3 Parts, figure it almost has to go up to City of the Ancients. 4 Parts could be Temple of the Ancients. Story changes could really change a lot of all that, too, especially if the Zack stuff ends up turning into its own scenario rather than just cutscenes explaining whatever is going on there.

Didn't even think her party member was a prototype for polearms as much as they were mainly a prototype for combination moves that will be refined in future parts. Although as far as more DLC's to introduce characters, I thought they said Yuffie's was kind of a 1 off that made sense to include some backstory in Midgar with the Wutai tie ins they could introduce.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
where they had to dig shit up?

Nope that was the northern town right before you start heading to the ancient city/glacier.

There's a FIGHTER JET nose-down in the excavation site, something I've always wondered about and never seen anyone discussing. Does that mean FF7 is supposed to be in Earth's distant future, or that a civilization with similar tech to ours once inhabited that world (the Ancients, maybe)?

More likely it's just a relic from the Shinra/Wutai war, since everything we've seen of that indicates that they fought with modern military tech like planes and tanks.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Yeah I don't think the next part will end with Junon, that'd be nuts.

Kalm Town -> Midgar Environs (whatever landscape they want between Kalm and the Chocobo Ranch) -> Chocobo Ranch - Zolom Swamp -> Mythril Mine -> Junon Forests -> Fort Condor -> Junon City -> Rufus' Boat -> Costa Del Sol -> Desert -> Corel -> Corel Mountains -> Corel Prison -> New final area

That's my official prediction for what Part 2 will include. Add in 1-2 new areas invented for the remake, or give Junon City several chapters, and that puts you at about the same number of chapters/areas as Part 1.

The boat fight with Jenova has had some of the wind taken out of its sails because we already fought Jenova in Midgar. I wonder what the final battle will be. Dyne vs Barret would be a great final battle if built correctly, one of the more potentially emotional moments in FF7 already. Instead they'll probably do another idiotic Kingdom Hearts fate-god space DBZ battle at the end.

Part 3 could start with a bang with a massive Gold Saucer area, then continue on through Nibelheim, Rocket Town, Mideel, Temple of the Ancients, and the Forgotten City to wind to a close in the glacier. I'd be alright with this.

No idea WTF is going on with Zack, what role he'll play, or why they even brought him back. As a major Crisis Core fan I'm kinda pissed-off that they just negated the incredible ending of that game by bringing him back.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I don't think the next part will end with Junon, that'd be nuts.

Kalm Town -> Midgar Environs (whatever landscape they want between Kalm and the Chocobo Ranch) -> Chocobo Ranch - Zolom Swamp -> Mythril Mine -> Junon Forests -> Fort Condor -> Junon City -> Rufus' Boat -> Costa Del Sol -> Desert -> Corel -> Corel Mountains -> Corel Prison -> New final area

That's my official prediction for what Part 2 will include. Add in 1-2 new areas invented for the remake, or give Junon City several chapters, and that puts you at about the same number of chapters/areas as Part 1.

The boat fight with Jenova has had some of the wind taken out of its sails because we already fought Jenova in Midgar. I wonder what the final battle will be. Dyne vs Barret would be a great final battle if built correctly, one of the more potentially emotional moments in FF7 already. Instead they'll probably do another idiotic Kingdom Hearts fate-god space DBZ battle at the end.
i think they might do some gay shit, like have main team cloud/tifa/aerith/barret/red in kalm

and team 2 zack/yuffie/cid/vincent/cait sith in midgard still

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I'm trying to figure out when this shit will be done... so is part 2 the last part? Or are there more parts?

• 1Worf

Merrith

i think they might do some gay shit, like have main team cloud/tifa/aerith/barret/red in kalm

and team 2 zack/yuffie/cid/vincent/cait sith in midgard still

Given the ending of the Yuffie DLC, this seems...unlikely.

Merrith

I'm trying to figure out when this shit will be done... so is part 2 the last part? Or are there more parts?

Safe to assume Part 2 will not be the final part. Most have been assuming/predicting 3 or 4 parts since well before Part 1 ever came out.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I didn’t really
Well Midgar was what like the first 4 hours of the game? That’s all they covered in the first part so I wouldn’t be surprised if they go for like 6 parts. Or 7 just because it’s the number 7. At least one part will enter dev hell for some reason so we’re probably looking at 2045 for completion.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

I didn’t really

Well Midgar was what like the first 4 hours of the game? That’s all they covered in the first part so I wouldn’t be surprised if they go for like 6 parts. Or 7 just because it’s the number 7. At least one part will enter dev hell for some reason so we’re probably looking at 2045 for completion.

That doesn't make much sense, unless they really go for smaller/shorter parts to get them out faster with less downtime in between. Don't expect much else of the game to get "expanded" nearly as much as Midgar was.