Final Fantasy VII Remake

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
How tf did you get 70 hours? I think I had around 40 and did every side quest. I also didn’t feel like I was very good at the game and could’ve went faster. I did not do any trophy type shit though.

I did the platinum. Also played it 3x: Once on easy for the story, again on hard for the plat, and then a third time on easy to speed-run it and see how fast I could get to the end (like 6 hours).

I have two plats for it, so I'm trying to remember if I did the plat a second time on PS5. Pretty sure I didn't, I think all the trophies just automatically popped again when I started the game for Intergrade/Yuffie stuff.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How tf did you get 70 hours? I think I had around 40 and did every side quest. I also didn’t feel like I was very good at the game and could’ve went faster. I did not do any trophy type shit though.

Have you not seen how many times he's played Elden Ring and the Dark Souls games?

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I liked FF7R well enough...because I love the source material and it's cool to see it in modern visuals.

If it were the same game, but not in the FF7 world, I wouldn't have played it more than once and probably would have tapped out during that extended sewer dungeon in Chapter 6 or so. The game isn't that great, so it's lucky it's in the FF7 world with FF7 music.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Have you not seen how many times he's played Elden Ring and the Dark Souls games?

Those are the only games that make me feel anything, at least until I run through the old FF series again. Actually Dragon Quest 11 gave me some feelings too, but it's pretty much the only non-From game that actually captured any of my imagination in the last 5-7 years. Most other games I just play and forget about soon afterwards.

Rude

Potato del Grande
What kind of drugs would I have to take to get even 1/10th as excited about anything as Max is about Final Fantasy 7?
Pretty sure he turned into a paid ad shill when he lost his job a few years ago. Used to listen to him when he commented for fighting tournaments but haven't been able to stand him since. He'll suck any dick for the right price.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty sure he turned into a paid ad shill when he lost his job a few years ago. Used to listen to him when he commented for fighting tournaments but haven't been able to stand him since. He'll suck any dick for the right price.
What job did he lose?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Don't think losing his job was a big deal to him, he has like ~10k subs on his Twitch channel. That's big enough to not be too worried about another job.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Don't think losing his job was a big deal to him, he has like ~10k subs on his Twitch channel. That's big enough to not be too worried about another job.

That's like...$50k a month right? If subs are $5/month? I'm not that familiar with Twitch.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That's like...$50k a month right? If subs are $5/month? I'm not that familiar with Twitch.
Most of the money goes in twitch pockets. It's still a lot of money, with some additional money from other stuff like those crystal shits and direct donations if any, plus the ads and sponsored stream(bounties) money.

That said, it's not a job you can really plan to do all your life, so trying to make as much money as possible while you're popular is the good way to go about it, although it makes your ethics kinda shit as a result.

He was a FF7 fanboy way before that though so not very relevant in that regard, but yeah wouldn't consider his opinion on fighting games to be unbiased.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

Contracts are confidential, but what is known is that the regular deal (once you get the sub button) is a 50% split. So 2.50 per sub. However, as you have more subs and a more consistent viewbase in the thousands, that split increases up to 70+% in favour of the streamer. Max has been doing it for a long time with easily 10-20k average viewers for many years now, so he makes more than 50%.

Based on the Twitch leaks, he was the 41st highest paid streamer on Twitch making $1.499.562,93 from August 2019 - October 2021. That is all money paid from Twitch from subs, bit donations and ads. It does not include direct donations, merch or sponsorships. Probably makes around $70-100k a month. EDIT: Looked at his youtube, and he posts twice a day with 150kish average views, so that's probably another 50+k a month.

As Pyros said though, FF7 has always been his favourite game, and he has a video talking/crying about how he went to an event for the remake and the directors wanted a picture of him to show to the dev staff. They said that they used to show his original video of his excitement of the FF7 remake reveal to the dev staff to inspire them to make the game for the actual fans of the original. No idea about his bias and shilling of fighting games, but his excitement of FF7 has always been that of a complete fanboy. Which is why I think his inputs are interesting since he invests so much time researching every little thing about the remake and what things could mean.

Last edited:

Merrith

Yeah his clear long term thing with FF7 leaves me thinking he's not some paid shill for the game...he's just like beyond fanboy into it.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Lol are you dumb? Dude is literally worth millions, he doesn't need to work another day for the rest of his life.

Aazrael

Having a hard time at the second bombing run (ch6/7?). Jumped off the train and was having a real bad time killing 2 flamethrower guys and the missile launchers. Then when the boss came I won with like 100hp left on Cloud and everyone dead and all out of Phoenix Downs. I had not upgraded the weapons fully before the fight but it felt kinda rough dealing with an early game boss. Any tips on making the battles go better early game?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Having a hard time at the second bombing run (ch6/7?). Jumped off the train and was having a real bad time killing 2 flamethrower guys and the missile launchers. Then when the boss came I won with like 100hp left on Cloud and everyone dead and all out of Phoenix Downs. I had not upgraded the weapons fully before the fight but it felt kinda rough dealing with an early game boss. Any tips on making the battles go better early game?

Use abilities that build up pressure until their staggered, than go all in. Play a bit more defensive until staggered i.e. dodge/guard more

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

Game somewhat teaches it to you in the first fights where you're told to switch to Barret for the ranged sentries. Same applies throughout the rest of the game, but without telling you. Some enemies are much easier when you play as X character due to their moveset / abilities, and the AI is usually better at guarding against said enemies on the "bad" characters than you will be until you master the system.

If you only play as Cloud, some battles will be harder than they need to be. You might already be doing this, but if not, that is the overall solution to anything not a boss fight in Normal mode. If normal enemies seem "hard" as you are fighting them with one character, most likely they will be easier with someone else in your party at the time.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I was in the same boat as you in that exact battle. It was frustrating. That battle taught me to use ATB abilities as soon as they pop and to focus fire one thing at a time with lockon and switching characters and building there ATB faster. It's weird because the game was so easy up until that point just rolling with cloud.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Game somewhat teaches it to you in the first fights where you're told to switch to Barret for the ranged sentries. Same applies throughout the rest of the game, but without telling you. Some enemies are much easier when you play as X character due to their moveset / abilities, and the AI is usually better at guarding against said enemies on the "bad" characters than you will be until you master the system.

If you only play as Cloud, some battles will be harder than they need to be. You might already be doing this, but if not, that is the overall solution to anything not a boss fight in Normal mode. If normal enemies seem "hard" as you are fighting them with one character, most likely they will be easier with someone else in your party at the time.
Will try switching character. Pretty much only used Cloud unless I died on him. Thanks for the tips.

Merrith

Make sure you're using proper magic the enemies are weak to, as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Make sure you're using proper magic the enemies are weak to, as well.
This basically sums up the game. Throw at least one of each element on all your characters or you're in for a really bad time, without staggering things its not an enjoyable playthrough.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users