Final Fantasy VII Remake

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Good, time for games to stop being held back by PS4's tech. Bad enough that Elden Ring had to take some visual hits so that it'd also work on a PS4.

I love Crisis Core, so in a way I'm actually more excited about getting that this winter than FF7R-2.

When are we gonna start seeing games running on UE5? Late PS5 / early PS6 gen? I believe the Matrix tech demo on PS5 runs on UE5 and it's flat-out incredible to play.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
When are we gonna start seeing games running on UE5? Late PS5 / early PS6 gen? I believe the Matrix tech demo on PS5 runs on UE5 and it's flat-out incredible to play.

How does UE4 to UE5 work, as in upgrading? There are several games that have/are upgrading to UE5, but they didn't start with it. Like Black Myth WuKong, and that is supposed to come out next year. It looks so good that it looks fake, but I'd assume it'd be even better if done with UE5 from the start?

I know nothing about development, but I would guess to get to the level of the Matrix demo, a game would need to be made with UE5 from scratch and not just upgrading an existing product from UE4 to UE5?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
From what I understand, I haven't looked at it recently it's really painless too upgrade from UE4 > UE5, most of the development time for upgrading is spent actually adding in the new stuff the engine has access too, like better raytracing systems, and also AMDs Navi system(Which is what the PS5/XBX use)..

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really don't see why they have to explain away not releasing the game on a system that will be 10 years old by the time Rebirth is out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I think the big issue right now is that scarcity of PS5 is still a problem, I know like for instance in Japan the xbx has been out selling the PS5 because of lack of stock... who knows what things will look like when release gets closer

Malakriss

"FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Static Arts Cloud Strife --Dress Ver.- Release on February 25, 2023 for 19,580 yen"

Also someone's working on this mod

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I really don't see why they have to explain away not releasing the game on a system that will be 10 years old by the time Rebirth is out.

Fucking seriously. And maybe the entire industry can do everyone a favor and stop calling this next gen. It's now this gen for fucks sake and was ever since the consoles launched.

• 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
Fucking seriously. And maybe the entire industry can do everyone a favor and stop calling this next gen. It's now this gen for fucks sake and was ever since the consoles launched.

its always been that way. its next gen until like 4 years into a cycle.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty tired of games gimping themselves so that they run on a ten year old system. Maybe the pandemic production delays slowed the adoption rate a bit, but by now everyone who wants a PS5 should have one.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

This guy makes some good points, good listen/watch if you need some background for a couple hours.

In retrospect I think the whole final act of this game ruined it for me. So much nonsensical dialogue, so much fanservice, right down to showing the final Seph/Cloud duel and Seph going "not yet lol"

It felt like the devs couldn't help themselves and thought it'd be badass and cool to throw in all these references to things that happen later. Sephiroth shouldn't have been in the ending, or game, for any reason except maybe knocking everyone out before heading out to the swamp to impale a Zolom.

Merrith

This guy makes some good points, good listen/watch if you need some background for a couple hours.

In retrospect I think the whole final act of this game ruined it for me. So much nonsensical dialogue, so much fanservice, right down to showing the final Seph/Cloud duel and Seph going "not yet lol"

It felt like the devs couldn't help themselves and thought it'd be badass and cool to throw in all these references to things that happen later. Sephiroth shouldn't have been in the ending, or game, for any reason except maybe knocking everyone out before heading out to the swamp to impale a Zolom.

Almost turned it off from laughing a few minutes in when he tries to act like nobody pays attention to any info about game releases as if they were trying to intentionally mislead people it wasn't a "Part 1". It's even dumber when he acknowledges the fact the info was out there since right after the 2015 trailer.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

... Why retell the same story ?? You have a chance to redo the story with a lot of the elements from the first release, and give it a new twist..

We know the Sephiroth we fight at the end is not the same one from this "current" dimension, so why not take it too a extreme you still have the base story there, it's the "spirits" of the planet trying too force it. If the game is about changing fate of "who you are!", why not expand upon that theory and let the story go, cause I sure the hell don't want too play the same game that released on the PS1 all those years ago.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Moron
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

December 13 - released on Steam at the same time apparently so no PS5 required

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
looks cool i guess but kinda tired of random stuff instead of part 2

Random stuff? This is Crisis Core, hallowed be its name.

The best thing they ever produced in that entire "expanded FF7 universe" mess.

• 1Like