Final Fantasy VII Remake

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finally playing this through, @chapter 15 main story. How long is intergrade compared to this?

About 3 hours, pretty much equivalent to two chapters of the main game. A good time to play it is actually right about where you are now, before going to the tower.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
looks cool i guess but kinda tired of random stuff instead of part 2

I'd like it to be here already to, but I wasn't expecting them to suddenly say it was coming out a year earlier than they said it was, so I'll take this now.

nu_11

December 13 - released on Steam at the same time apparently so no PS5 required

Crisis Core in December? According to our resident big brain, why not Crisis Core 2? His logic is impeccable
... Why retell the same story ?? You have a chance to redo the story with a lot of the elements from the first release, and give it a new twist..

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Some people are gonna gobble up whatever they're served for the FF7R remakes and like it. I'll also play all of 'em but I still think the timey-wimey convoluted bullshit is unnecessary and adds nothing. People wanted a remake, maybe with some new plot twists and new areas, but not with the story taking a sharp veer into la-la-land.

Looks like Crisis Core is probably gonna stick to the original story and just modernize it, which is what people wanted from the FF7Rs. And inside of one game, too.

• 1Pathetic

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Some people are gonna gobble up whatever they're served for the FF7R remakes and like it. I'll also play all of 'em but I still think the timey-wimey convoluted bullshit is unnecessary and adds nothing. People wanted a remake, maybe with some new plot twists and new areas, but not with the story taking a sharp veer into la-la-land.

Looks like Crisis Core is probably gonna stick to the original story and just modernize it, which is what people wanted from the FF7Rs. And inside of one game, too.
I mean... When was the last FF game that DIDN'T take a sharp veer into la-la-land? It's kinda part and parcel.

Merrith

Still think a good bit of the assumed sharp veers will end up being red herrings, but we'll see what happens.

• 1Smuggly

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm not talking about standard Final Fantasy la la land.

I'm talking about veering away from the FF7 story and into something nonsensical that has a stronger resemblance to Kingdom Hearts.

FF7R was fine until Chapter 18.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm not talking about standard Final Fantasy la la land.

I'm talking about veering away from the FF7 story and into something nonsensical that has a stronger resemblance to Kingdom Hearts.

FF7R was fine until Chapter 18.
I think that hints that Sephiroth and maybe Aerith know too much for the position in the timeline is good. It will up the stakes in the finale and provide opportunities to deliver the same emotional impacts despite our foreknowledge of events (like kill Aerith at Whirlwind Maze not City of the Ancients - false hope).

As long as they don't actually change the story beyond little tweaks. I do think that they had too much ghost people stuff and the designs, especially for the boss version, was uninspired. I also didn't like the underground Sector 7 area and it's enemies.

• 1Faggotry

spronk

FPS noob
Random stuff? This is Crisis Core, hallowed be its name.

The best thing they ever produced in that entire "expanded FF7 universe" mess.

thats cool i don't know shit about FF franchise other than Cloud/Aerith/Tifa/Sephiroth basics so I had no idea Crisis Core was a beloved game, now i can't wait to play it. I always hear people say Final Fantasy tactics is great too so hope they remaster that.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think FF7R also had way too much Sephiroth. The original game did a fantastic job building him up, and you don't even see what he looks like until Kalm Town. Here, he's popping up like 30 minutes into the game to spout absolute nonsense while posing for the camera and looking all badass and cool.

I do think he should have been in this game since it doesn't reach Kalm. But not right at the beginning and not so frequently. I would have had him appear only at the very end of the game. Would have made sense, since he's headed for the swamp. At the end you see him slouching down the highway, maybe there's a brief interaction, then he disappears and drops Jenova - CONCEPTION on you or something as the final boss. Would have made more sense than fighting a random Jenova earlier, would have been a good final boss that didn't mess with the lore, and would have made for a very memorable Chapter 18 that makes you want to see more.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
thats cool i don't know shit about FF franchise other than Cloud/Aerith/Tifa/Sephiroth basics so I had no idea Crisis Core was a beloved game, now i can't wait to play it. I always hear people say Final Fantasy tactics is great too so hope they remaster that.

Crisis Core is good, yeah. I'm guessing they're remaking it because Zack is going to figure into FF7R Pt 2. ...which I still totally disagree with, but I'm glad to see CC finally get a console version.

I'm sure FFT will get remastered sooner or later. Last I checked it got a version on PSP or Vita that was widescreen/HD and had a new translation, so it'd take minimal effort for them to port it to console. Basically just need to up the resolution to account for larger screens, everything else was all set.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Crisis Core is good, yeah. I'm guessing they're remaking it because Zack is going to figure into FF7R Pt 2. ...which I still totally disagree with, but I'm glad to see CC finally get a console version.
I've said it before, but Zack is just going to end up being "Black Robed Man #1" and be possessed by Sephrioth.

I would be surprised if he had a big role other than in the finale of Part 2, he's probably going to cause Cloud's mental breakdown.

Merrith

I think FF7R also had way too much Sephiroth. The original game did a fantastic job building him up, and you don't even see what he looks like until Kalm Town. Here, he's popping up like 30 minutes into the game to spout absolute nonsense while posing for the camera and looking all badass and cool.

I do think he should have been in this game since it doesn't reach Kalm. But not right at the beginning and not so frequently. I would have had him appear only at the very end of the game. Would have made sense, since he's headed for the swamp. At the end you see him slouching down the highway, maybe there's a brief interaction, then he disappears and drops Jenova - CONCEPTION on you or something as the final boss. Would have made more sense than fighting a random Jenova earlier, would have been a good final boss that didn't mess with the lore, and would have made for a very memorable Chapter 18 that makes you want to see more.

Considering it's not the same Sephiroth we're interacting with, I don't think this amount of him would have worked to properly set up the stakes and let the player know this isn't the same story as the original game.

Now if they wanted to just do a 1 to 1 redo of the OG, that might have made more sense.

• 1Faggotry

Chris

Potato del Grande
7 years later from it being announced...

No knights of the round

They actually realeased an updated Knights of the Round that same year in FF14 as a raid boss, mid way through the fight they do the summon animation and you have to avoid all the shit they do.

THIS year they released a super hard revamp of it for hardcore raiders.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users