Final Fantasy VII Remake

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
One of the shots looked like it might have been from that forest leading to the Forgotten City (as seen in Advent Children). Hard to say though. It could have been somewhere else.

No Gold Saucer or Rocket Town that I saw. Still anyone's guess how far it goes.

It's possible that was the forest, but I doubt they would confirm anything past a certain point in the very first trailer. We're sure to get at least another trailer at some point AND then probably a launch trailer before it releases. I'd expect more location reveals, potential Cid/Cait Sith/Vincent stuff in later trailers.

Malakriss

Gold saucer is the thing you tease leading up to release but not 9 months out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seeing the chocobo farm begs the question, are they going to have you save scumming to determine if its a male or female bird again this time? Or do you actually have to look to see if a giant bird dick is in the battle. Clown world so anything could happen

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Seeing the chocobo farm begs the question, are they going to have you save scumming to determine if its a male or female bird again this time? Or do you actually have to look to see if a giant bird dick is in the battle. Clown world so anything could happen
Why would a dick determine if it’s male or female?

• 6Worf
  • 3Smuggly
Reactions: 8 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
IMG_5279.jpeg

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I swear I’m not even looking for this stuff: there’s just suddenly been a lot of Tifa/Aerith in the Facebook groups

IMG_5285.jpeg

IMG_5286.jpeg

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Worf
  • 1OK, Sure

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think that Tifa comes off as the sluttier more experienced one while Aeris is the innocent one in terms of how they dress and what their jobs are on the surface, but actually it's the opposite and that's why this lesbian dynamic works so well.

Tifa is an adult migrant to Midgar from a likely conservative mountain town and has some trauma from being cut open (likely huge scar) and her town being burned down and everyone she knows dying. She's an emotional wreck radicalised into joining a terrorist faction and has a pathological need for Cloud's attention to the point of ignoring his lies about their past. There's a good chance that she's actually a virgin.

Aeris grew up in Midgar and had to survive the slums, that can't be easy even with a foster mother. She's been stalked by The Turks her whole life and is somehow dating elite military personnel like Zach. "The Ancients" and talking to the planet is some free spirt hippy shit. Also selling flowers in the theatre district... you kidding me? There's a good chance that she's actually a prostitute.

The voice actresses in the remake play into this with Tifa sounding more naive and Aeris more worldly.

So yeah, this could totally happen.

• 3WTF
  • 2Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 9 users

Merrith

I think that Tifa comes off as the sluttier more experienced one while Aeris is the innocent one in terms of how they dress and what their jobs are on the surface, but actually it's the opposite and that's why this lesbian dynamic works so well.

Tifa is an adult migrant to Midgar from a likely conservative mountain town and has some trauma from being cut open (likely huge scar) and her town being burned down and everyone she knows dying. She's an emotional wreck radicalised into joining a terrorist faction and has a pathological need for Cloud's attention to the point of ignoring his lies about their past. There's a good chance that she's actually a virgin.

Aeris grew up in Midgar and had to survive the slums, that can't be easy even with a foster mother. She's been stalked by The Turks her whole life and is somehow dating elite military personnel like Zach. "The Ancients" and talking to the planet is some free spirt hippy shit. Also selling flowers in the theatre district... you kidding me? There's a good chance that she's actually a prostitute.

The voice actresses in the remake play into this with Tifa sounding more naive and Aeris more worldly.

What the fuck

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Five wtf reactions and zero critisism.

You know I'm right and I went right into the deep lore to prove it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Chris Chris is one of my favorite posters to shit on but this almost, sorta, half makes sense.
In the spirit of Pride Month:

Ill Allow It GIF

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Chris Chris is one of my favorite posters to shit on but this almost, sorta, half makes sense.\
In the spirit of Pride Month:

Ill Allow It GIF
Thanks, endorsed by a lesbian no less!

Here is how I see it going down:

1) In Junon Tifa and Aeris have a heart to heart about Cloud's fake story, then on the Cargo Ship they help each other into their uniforms. This is where they first "notice" each other.

2) In Cosmo Canyon everyone is attending seminars on various hippy stuff and Tifa and Aeris end up in the LGBT hut. Aeris is well aware and already curious, but Tifa is shocked that two women can be genuinely together - she always thought it was seedy Wall Street entertainment for men.

3) In Gold Saucer Tifa/Aeris is upset that her date with Cloud didn't go anywhere because typical anime protagonist cluelessness, she is consoled by Aeris/Tifa in the bar and one thing leads to another...

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Thanks, endorsed by a lesbian no less!

Here is how I see it going down:

1) In Junon Tifa and Aeris have a heart to heart about Cloud's fake story, then on the Cargo Ship they help each other into their uniforms. This is where they first "notice" each other.

2) In Cosmo Canyon everyone is attending seminars on various hippy stuff and Tifa and Aeris end up in the LGBT hut. Aeris is well aware and already curious, but Tifa is shocked that two women can be genuinely together - she always thought it was seedy Wall Street entertainment for men.

3) In Gold Saucer Tifa/Aeris is upset that her date with Cloud didn't go anywhere because typical anime protagonist cluelessness, she is consoled by Aeris/Tifa in the bar and one thing leads to another...
It's not an endorsement, it's just me declining to trash you for it.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users