Final Fantasy VII Remake

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
They used the same types of sprites with FFV remake as well.

I can't fathom why unless they simply use fewer resources with phones and shit?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Oh you need to see the FF5 treatment! They have the same Amano character portraits but they all look like transexuals.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't mind them. I mean, the old ones are better, but those aren't like OMG WHAT DID THEY DO bad.

Except for Relm. She went from looking like 'hey im a little girl' to looking like one of those 12 year old glammed up prostitots that crowd movie theater lobbies during the evening on weekends.

*edit*

No way would Shadow let his 10 year old daughter dress like that.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I don't mind them. I mean, the old ones are better, but those aren't like OMG WHAT DID THEY DO bad.

Except for Relm. She went from looking like 'hey im a little girl' to looking like one of those 12 year old glammed up prostitots that crowd movie theater lobbies during the evening on weekends.

*edit*

No way would Shadow let his 10 year old daughter dress like that.
Apparently you've forgotten the Relm/Edward dialogue scenes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I wish my ps3 was backwards compatible, unfortunately it died a long time ago. I can just hook my ps2 up, but it feels weird

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They're re-releasing XII too, Zodiac version and shit I assume, on PS4. Unless that's what sparked the discussion I don't know, but I wouldn't bother replaying the old version.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
ff12 is on my list to replay but im definitely going to emulate the zodiac version instead of playing my ps2 copy

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I never beat it, one of the only ones I haven't beaten and it was because I was obsessed with wow and ffxi at the time. Really enjoyed it

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pretty sure I beat it and I don't remember shit about it, other than it had a cool macro combat system thing. The one I didn't beat was VIII, cause it was annoying as shit and I just said fuck that. Something about summons stealing your xp or whatever and I was underleveled for a specific boss fight that prevented you from using summons or what not and I didn't feel like grinding when I was already bored of the game.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Uh, bosses scaled dynamically to your level in FF8. You could be level 2 and the boss would scale down to you.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Within reason, things were scaled. Bosses/monsters still had ceilings and floors on damage/hp/defenses. Being low level meant that you were fighting the weakest version of each boss most likely, but even the weak versions could hit harder than your max health at a minimum at certain level ranges.

The completely non-intuitive and annoying way to play the game "low level" would be to find the lowest level mobs you could that had spells, draw until you were full, then run from the battle. Junction your best shit to whatever stats you could and go for it. Most specifically, find npcs with the Life spell, draw until max on each character, and put GFs that had junction-hp on each character so you could double your health, letting you survive long enough to use attacks and cast other spells, and if you could get to a state of low health where you wouldn't die from a hit, exploit the fact that you could just skip turns until limits came up and pop those nonstop.

8 was goddamn terrible outside of the card game =|

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
You guys are making me want to play a bunch of FF games.

One of my shames is that I never passed a numbered FF game after 7 (although I did pass every one up to 7, thanks in part to the GBA/DS remakes).
Although I rarely use my PS3 nowadays (Steam has changed my gaming habits drastically), it still works great despite being one of the older, backwards-compatible models that I bought off a guy from Craigslist (*knocks wood*). I should try to catch up.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Pretty sure I beat it and I don't remember shit about it, other than it had a cool macro combat system thing. The one I didn't beat was VIII, cause it was annoying as shit and I just said fuck that. Something about summons stealing your xp or whatever and I was underleveled for a specific boss fight that prevented you from using summons or what not and I didn't feel like grinding when I was already bored of the game.
FF8 is a collection of obfuscated mechanics with a card game thrown on top. It was the first FF game I quit and I left the thing on the shelf collecting dust for over a decade. With some help from Gamefaqs I've managed to become genuinely fond of the game and it's unintuitive game play but goddamn if playing through it multiple times isn't a pain in the fucking ass. There's so many points in that game where it just takes the controller away from you and makes you watch characters slowly walking around while you wait to skip Squall's riveting "..." dialogue. It's got too many parts where all you are really doing is going from point A to point B and pushing talk and the summons take for goddamn ever. There's actually an ability that boosts the damage they do according to how much you can mash square during their long ass bullshit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can top all of yall. I quit playing FF8 because I literally ran into a critical path bug where the white seed ship would not appear to progress the story. Friend of mine who had played through the game several times took my save spent like 30 minutes dicking around, and confirmed that it was broken.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
FF8 the only game which punishes you for leveling up. Think I beat it at like level 14.