Final Fantasy VII Remake

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
It does. Instead of changing party members you change outfits, which changes jobs.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I couldn't get past the unbearable story and the unbearable characters to stick with X-2's decent enough gameplay. Everytime I wasn't in combat I felt like clawing my eyes out.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Isn't X-2 the game that brought us the completely whored out Rikku cosplay though? That makes X-2 a particular kind of special.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
while we're getting all nostalgic about other FF games, i feel i need to mention how awesome and full of good feels the new Final Fantasy mobile game is

here's the RR thread on it:Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (Mobile))

seriously the best mobile game i've ever played, and would still be really awesome even if it didn't have characters/items/enemies from every FF game 1 through 13.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
One thing I hated about VIII was how you could miss out on Aeons, Eidolens, Espers or whatever the fuck they were called in that game (Guardians I'm thinking maybe?). Since a lot of them had to be drawn from your opponent during a boss battle you could miss them. They offered a chance to get them again but it wasn't until you finished 99% of the game and were at a point of no return. On my second playthrough I missed an early one and didn't realize it until much later and I wasn't about to restart at that point. I want to say Carbuncle.

The first time I played the game, it was OK but I beat it out of a sense of duty to the franchise. It was, by far, my least favorite game in the series though especially after VII. I didn't figure out the enemy leveling system until later and I made the game unnecessarily hard. When I got to the end I barely beat the final boss and was more relieved than anything. I gave it a second chance years later and it was a better game that time since I understood some of the weird rules better. But I still think it was a weak entry into the series. I maintain that Square knew they had struck gold with VII and they simply went different for the sake of being different.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
stopped reading
It's actually really good for a mobile game but there are definitely pay to win elements to it. They give you enough in game currency that you don't actually have to spend money on the game but anyone starting today is going to be really far behind and it's going to take awhile to catch up. But it's really fun actually.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
The gameplay for Final Fantasy Record Keeper is definitely better than Final Fantasy VIII.

Although they just patched in enemy health bars and I think it's a mistake.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Record keeper sucks dicks and I can't believe the thread has been active for so long. But maybe I just hate mobile games.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its not that great, but decent enough for a mobile game I suppose. Its basically that summoner's war game that I couldn't get into except this game is final fantasy characters/nostalgia so I tolerate it.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
One thing I hated about VIII was how you could miss out on Aeons, Eidolens, Espers or whatever the fuck they were called in that game (Guardians I'm thinking maybe?). Since a lot of them had to be drawn from your opponent during a boss battle you could miss them. They offered a chance to get them again but it wasn't until you finished 99% of the game and were at a point of no return. On my second playthrough I missed an early one and didn't realize it until much later and I wasn't about to restart at that point. I want to say Carbuncle.

The first time I played the game, it was OK but I beat it out of a sense of duty to the franchise. It was, by far, my least favorite game in the series though especially after VII. I didn't figure out the enemy leveling system until later and I made the game unnecessarily hard. When I got to the end I barely beat the final boss and was more relieved than anything. I gave it a second chance years later and it was a better game that time since I understood some of the weird rules better. But I still think it was a weak entry into the series. I maintain that Square knew they had struck gold with VII and they simply went different for the sake of being different.
GF - Guardian Force

One of the items on my bucket list is to get a contract at Square Enix so I can kick someone there in the nuts. I would be fired but I wouldn't even care.

Maybe I'd do it in a Chocobo costume so no one knew it was me.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I played 8 as a teen and don't remember minding it, it wasnt as good to me as 7 but i think i was such a square fanboy that it was still awesome in my dumb kids mind. Not as big of a fan now. all I really remember was the card game.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'm one of the few people who actually really liked IX. After the disappointment of VIII it was great. It was a classic fantasy world and I felt a deeper connection with the characters. I liked how the characters had deep flaws and were more relatable than the super SEED squad. I hated the love story aspect between Squall and Rinoa since it felt so forced where Zidane and Garnet's was much more natural since the entire plot wasn't built around it.

The card game sucked though. The one from VIII was really good compared to IX's.