Final Fantasy VII Remake

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah you know as bad as 13 is, and its pretty awful, I still think 8 may beat it out for my personal least favorite FF game of all time.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think I actually made it farther in FF13 than I did in FF8. The white seed ship is around half-way through I think, and I know I made it about 2/3rds through FF13 before I said nope, turned a 360, ejected it from my 360, turned a 360, and walked away.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I actually made it farther in FF13 than I did in FF8. The white seed ship is around half-way through I think, and I know I made it about 2/3rds through FF13 before I said nope,turned a 360, ejected it from my 360, turned a 360, and walked away.
So you continued to play it, then? Spinning in circles but moving forward :p

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
xOcEgow.jpg

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
FF8 the only game which punishes you for leveling up. Think I beat it at like level 14.
I beat FF 8, but the thing I remember most about it is the draw mechanic. Since the number of spells resulted in a power increase, I went grind mode and got 99 of most spells, just continuously drawing. Then later on in the game, I realized that there was a set number of spells you could have. So suddenly I had to use up spells in order to get new ones.

How they managed to go from a system like Materia in 7 to the draw crap in 8 I don't understand at all. Hope to see materia return in the 7 remake, which it probably will since the sword Cloud has in the video appears to have slots for it.

That said, I have beaten 8. FF 13 is still unbeaten. As is FF 13-2 (though it is better than 13) and 13-3, which I played for around 2 hours, which is the least played FF game I have.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The worst part about 8's draw mechanic (out of many terrible aspects to it) was that leveling up didn't give you a substantial increase to stats, but junctioning stacks of 99 spells to stats did. But if you started using those spells, your stats dropped along with the usage, so you end up sitting on x99 of something forever until you get a new spell that gives more to that stat, and never casting spells ever because each cast literally made you weaker. And all leveling up did was make monsters harder (they gained more power than you per level, and learned new abilities that they could actually use, vs. just stockpiling junctioned spells), so you either abused the low level draw mechanic or had a bitch of a time with the game.

Terrible.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I beat FF 8, but the thing I remember most about it is the draw mechanic. Since the number of spells resulted in a power increase, I went grind mode and got 99 of most spells, just continuously drawing. Then later on in the game, I realized that there was a set number of spells you could have. So suddenly I had to use up spells in order to get new ones.

How they managed to go from a system like Materia in 7 to the draw crap in 8 I don't understand at all. Hope to see materia return in the 7 remake, which it probably will since the sword Cloud has in the video appears to have slots for it.

That said, I have beaten 8. FF 13 is still unbeaten. As is FF 13-2 (though it is better than 13) and 13-3, which I played for around 2 hours, which is the least played FF game I have.
13 wasn't absolutely terrible.. I mean the story was weird, and Sazh is just fucking laughable, but the gameplay wasn't absolutely horrific. The last boss was retarded, and it's really unfortunate they only opened up the game in the end, but it's still worth beating. 13-2 was a bit better, but the story was even more retarded. Also 13-2 runs like shit on the PS3. I'm still in the middle of 13-3, but I thought it was shitty.

I'm replaying FFX now on the PS3 and the voice acting really sticks out as absolutely terrible. We all know Tidus sounds retarded, but even people like Auron and Lulu sound like they were recorded in some guy's basement - Seymour as well, but you can't really save how gay that character is.

Does anyone know if FFX remaster is the "international" version? Supposed to have a few extra things in that version, but I can't find info about it at work since everything is blocked.

So far (15 hours, just beat Seymour then Wendigo + ice cloister), the game is piss easy and I haven't died once.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
13 wasn't absolutely terrible.. I mean the story was weird, and Sazh is just fucking laughable, but the gameplay wasn't absolutely horrific. The last boss was retarded, and it's really unfortunate they only opened up the game in the end, but it's still worth beating. 13-2 was a bit better, but the story was even more retarded. Also 13-2 runs like shit on the PS3. I'm still in the middle of 13-3, but I thought it was shitty.

I'm replaying FFX now on the PS3 and the voice acting really sticks out as absolutely terrible. We all know Tidus sounds retarded, but even people like Auron and Lulu sound like they were recorded in some guy's basement - Seymour as well, but you can't really save how gay that character is.

Does anyone know if FFX remaster is the "international" version? Supposed to have a few extra things in that version, but I can't find info about it at work since everything is blocked.

So far (15 hours, just beat Seymour then Wendigo + ice cloister), the game is piss easy and I haven't died once.
Yeah, FFX remaster has the Dark Aeons and the "expert" sphere grid. The game was never hard, it just has a couple of semi-bullshit gimmick fights(Yunalesca, Seymour's final form at Gagazet, the shield dragon if you never played FFIV come to mind), and then all the post game stuff is very tactics/stat/turn order hax specific on beating, or abusing Yojimbo's Zantetsukan or whatever attack to 1hit kill stuff for a million gil. Which, btw, if you don't get all the temple destruction orb treasures before you get towards the end of the game, a couple of them get blocked off by incredibly post-game difficult dark aeons. Makes getting Yuna's spirit weapon after that a bitch and a half, even if you have ground quite a bit.

The voice acting was revolutionary-ish for the time, but yeah Tidus sounded horrible in a lot of the scenes. For some reason, Seymour always reminds me of Ignignokt of the Mooninites from Aqua Teen Hunger Force when I heard him in the remaster.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Tidus is fine when he's talking serious, but then he gets emotional and his voice goes up a full octave

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Yeah you know as bad as 13 is, and its pretty awful, I still think 8 may beat it out for my personal least favorite FF game of all time.
I'm liking 13 more the second time around. Don't get me wrong - it's still the worst of the main series for me, but it's not that bad once you make it to chapter 11. The major problem for me - aside from the linearity - is the characters. A story-driven game where the best characters are the ones that annoy you the least - Lightning, Fang - has problems.

Character balance also seems like shit. Lightning, Fang and Vanille to my mind are the best, with Hope following closely behind and fitting better than Vanille in a party with Lightning and Fang. Sazh is usable because he has haste and that's it, and Snow is shit-tier. So there's only 6 characters, 4 of which are good and 3 of which form a decent party.

Siliconemelons

all in all the announcement of 7 remake just makes me have hope for 15, as they have stated before many times "no 7 remake until we make a game better than it" and we know that was not 13...or maybe they are counting 14 :p

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
all in all the announcement of 7 remake just makes me have hope for 15, as they have stated before many times "no 7 remake until we make a game better than it" and we know that was not 13...or maybe they are counting 14 :p
9, 10, 10-2, 12, and 13-2 were all better games than 7. They just don't have the unjustified hype train that 7 does.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Maybe 15 is great but I'm having a real hard time coming to terms with 4 dudes in suits driving a car. It just doesn't feel right

Also 13-2 was not better than 7.. are you smoking crack?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've only played through maybe half of 9 and it was years and years ago, and I've never played 13-2.

/trollface

*edit*

Haven't actually played 10-2 either, but I stand by 10 and 12 both being better.