Final Fantasy VII Remake

spronk

FPS noob
Amazon.com: ps4: Video Games

gah is PS4 still 400bucks? any bets on it coming down to 300 for xmas?
it goes on sale for $349 regularly, on black friday i bet we will see a $300 bundle. if you wanna go cheap you can try a used one from cowboom.com or amazon warehouse but then you may get one with kegs spooge all over the controllers from the time he played WWE

keep in mind too you pretty much need PS+ to do any sort of multiplayer gaming on PS4, thats $40-50/yr

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
what are the chances they don't fuck this up by making it anime jappy fagboy hello kitty shit like all the recent final fantasies have been in their art direction?
Dude look at the concept art for the Super Nintendo Final Fantasy games. It's always been anime jappy fagboy hello kitty shit, the older systems just couldn't show it off.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
Pretty excited for this remake. Played the first version well after it was released and didn't really enjoy any of the FF games after it.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Dude look at the concept art for the Super Nintendo Final Fantasy games. It's always been anime jappy fagboy hello kitty shit, the older systems just couldn't show it off.
yeah that's what i'm worried about.

although from what i saw in the trailer it didn't look too bad.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
tumblr_mwq9h1fRuy1sjt33fo1_400.gif

Xalara

Golden Squire
I actually hope they do more than just up the graphics. It'd be nice to see some of the rough areas smoothed over in the story, as well as them expanding the world. Like for example, it would be awesome if they made Midgar even bigger and eschewed a world map for something where you travel on foot ala the more recent Final Fantasy games.

Solariss

Golden Squire
I'm curious also... Do they go with voice acting? Seems as if they almost have to in this day and age, but will that make it better or ruin it? Gotta treat it as a new experience I suppose.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
This is bigger news than Fallout 4 imo.

i'm fucking stoked! It's happening!

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
i cant wait to see supernova in its full glory, bahamut zero, neo bahamut, Ultimate, lighting 3, holy shit am hyped!

and tbh if crisis core proved anything to me is they can do a damn good job of remaking summons.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Meh, they'll probably turn this shit into some action rpg that doesn't resemble the old game in any way. Not sure if I'd hate that or like that.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I love the original. I realize before I get my hopes up for this it's going to end one of two ways. Lots of bitching and disappointment or high fives all around when they manage to remake a game so perfectly that sanitation crews around the world work day and night to clean the collective nerdgasm.

One of those is far more likely than the other.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Woke up today and put on the Sony conference with a cup of coffee.

Last guardian, strong opener. Then decent stuff. Then.... goosebumps.

Biggest news of the conference bar none, and for me, it can't be beat. No sequel, new ip or remake I want more. Can argue about which were "better" in terms of story between FF 6 and 7, but the step up from the SNES to the 3D monster on several discs that hit the PS1 was mindblowing to me when I got it as a teen. Thought I was getting close to the end while in the town, wondering what all the discs were for, then the game just opened up in a way that made ever other game I had played before seem tiny. So many optional things there too, hidden stories, lore everywhere. The crazy doctor minor side NPC in that game had more character progression than most main characters in the later FF games.

Only wish, as others have mentioned, is that they flesh out some of the side content.

Even though this is a timed exclusive, it could be timed with the difference of an hour on a digital release, and I would get whichever platform it was on for that. Been wanting this since the teaser for the PS3.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I'm curious also... Do they go with voice acting? Seems as if they almost have to in this day and age, but will that make it better or ruin it? Gotta treat it as a new experience I suppose.
I think voice acting would be the way to go. The talk bubbles would look kinda weird with modern graphics. Plus they can use the voice actors from the Advent Children movie, they were pretty good.