Final Fantasy VII Remake

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
War of the Lions is the superior version of Tactics if only for the really good redone cutscenes and retranslation alone, not even beginning to mention the gameplay changes.

Anyone who disagrees is just fucking wrong.

Watch these and tell me its not superior in every way.

Every cut scene in the game is redone in this style
I was just screwing around and having fun with a great line from the game that did get deleted in translation, but the two cutscenes you've provided don't prove shit to me. Delita riding on a chocobo doesn't change shit about the game.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I was just screwing around and having fun with a great line from the game that did get deleted in translation, but the two cutscenes you've provided don't prove shit to me. Delita riding on a chocobo doesn't change shit about the game.
The far better cut scenes and translation are so much better than the old CG cut scenes and horribly translated dialogue its not even funny.

The game itself isn't radically altered, which is a good thing since it was so excellent to start with, and I never claimed it was, so your entire post here is just you being a dumbass.

Think I'm gonna download a psp emulator and fire this bitch up. Haven't played through Tactics in at least 2-3 years, probably longer.
Do it.

Its so good its stupid.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
FFT was one of those games that when I read about it I didn't really care, but it said Final Fantasy so I bought it not really expecting much. Then I played it and it was one of the greatest games of all time. Similar to how I stumbled onto Goldeneye - bought it on a whim on release day.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The far better cut scenes and translation are so much better than the old CG cut scenes and horribly translated dialogue its not even funny.

The game itself isn't radically altered, which is a good thing since it was so excellent to start with, and I never claimed it was, so your entire post here is just you being a dumbass.

Do it.

Its so good its stupid.
You know what else was really good? The cutscenes they added for Chrono Trigger's PS1 release. The PS1 port was fucking terrible, constant short little load times, not optimized to run off a disc at all, but they kept those cut scenes for the DS release and they're just awesome. The Masamune scene with Frog is epic.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord

How am I being a dumbass when you picked the worst fucking example possible. The old FFT opening was a classic; Here let me help your tiny little brain.

I have a serious question though. Do Chapter 4 cutscenes have Ramza in buttpants? If not, then they have truly gutted the game.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Needs more Golden Saucer.

ukzRWed.jpg

I remember thinking how crystal clear and realistic those graphics were. Kids are stupid.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They were good for the time. I remember the graphics of Half Life as a kid and thought that this must be the pinnacle of where graphics can ascend. I was 100% convinced it was like I was playing a movie. Looking back the graphics look like shit. It is all off your frame of reference.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
How am I being a dumbass when you picked the worst fucking example possible. The old FFT opening was a classic; Here let me help your tiny little brain.
You're being a dumbass because you are acting like I claimed the gameplay was more improved, and you're nitpicking the example I chose when all I was trying to do was demonstrate the better cutscene artwork

Here's a video of ALL the cutscenes

Personally, I love the first cutscene with Delita riding the chocobo. It instills a sense of wonder and innocence that is quickly shattered by the storyline.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
You're being a dumbass because you are acting like I claimed the gameplay was more improved, and you're nitpicking the example I chose when all I was trying to do was demonstrate the better cutscene artwork

Here's a video of ALL the cutscenes

Personally, I love the first cutscene with Delita riding the chocobo. It instills a sense of wonder and innocence that is quickly shattered by the storyline.
Stop dodging the question, does Ramza have buttpants or no.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I don't like that he called him "fiendlord" and I liked it well enough when sprite frog just cleaved the mountain like a baller. In game does it show the cutscene and the sprite version like your video does?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I don't like that he called him "fiendlord" and I liked it well enough when sprite frog just cleaved the mountain like a baller. In game does it show the cutscene and the sprite version like your video does?
Yeah, it plays the new Toriyama cutscene, then it goes through the game engine scene.

Glenn_sl said:
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well!

Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
Dialogue is so much better in the DS version too, dunno why you have a problem with Fiendlord. The DS speech is much better than

Lame Glenn_sl said:
Mine name is Glenn! Cyrus's hopes and dreams...And now the Masamune...

Forthwith I shall slay Magus and restore honor!
Also, how do y'all pronounce Masamune? I found my first Masamune at like 9 or 10 years old, so I've always pronounced it MASS ah myoon. Even once I learned the Japanese pronunciation, it never took and I still use my anglicized version.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They completely do away with Frog's speech affectation, you are just wrong on this.
Monica you crazy. Long have I carried? now I bear the Masamune? Henceforth? They didn't do away with his speech affectation, they just cleaned it up and made it less garbled. The new dialogue is much better.

Siliconemelons

War of the Lions is the superior version of Tactics if only for the really good redone cutscenes and retranslation alone, not even beginning to mention the gameplay changes.

Anyone who disagrees is just fucking wrong.

Watch these and tell me its not superior in every way.

Every cut scene in the game is redone in this style
There are added "cut scenes" some things that where just "in game" dialogue and action - is redone as a "cut scene" in the stylized manner and is very good... I didn't know of all the details on the changes- other than "it was more to the orig with some slight tweaks that where needed" /shrug... but to me because of the newer translation and scenes it has been a nicer exp than the first round on my ps1.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, it plays the new Toriyama cutscene, then it goes through the game engine scene.

Dialogue is so much better in the DS version too, dunno why you have a problem with Fiendlord. The DS speech is much better than

Also, how do y'all pronounce Masamune? I found my first Masamune at like 9 or 10 years old, so I've always pronounced it MASS ah myoon. Even once I learned the Japanese pronunciation, it never took and I still use my anglicized version.
Mass uh moon. I know it's mass ah moon eh(in canadian) but I still call it mass uh moon.

Also the redone CT cutscenes are great.