Final Fantasy VII Remake

Chris

Potato del Grande
Make your own graphs guys!

Final Fantasies can't be rated on less than two axes.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Also what part of FFX's story was good? The part where you realize your daddy is a giant black blob? The part where you fight Seymour for the 50th time?

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
FFX built a very interesting world. You had this old, predominant, and largely corrupted religion predicated around the existence of an immense monster who would show up every so often to wreck civilization.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
FFX built a very interesting world. You had this old, predominant, and largely corrupted religion predicated around the existence of an immense monster who would show up every so often to wreck civilization.
Yeah I find FFX's criticism of religion theme to be pretty decent. I mean its not pinnacle of the franchise or anything, but it has some salient correlations with the dogma of the Catholic Church that I find compelling and interesting.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Hey, did I miss another "I liked FF IX" discussion?

Dammit!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nobody worshipped Lavos, in fact hardly anybody knew about him except some of the monster descendants who knew that Magus tried to summon him in the Middle Ages. But all they knew is that he would supposedly help them win the war against Guardia, they had no idea that he was millions of years old and part of a race that destroys the planet they're on when they reach their full maturity, or that Magus was summoning him to try and kill him as an act of vengeance for losing Schala.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Don't forget the Reptites!

I don't really consider the two stories comparable, but if the only take away was that FFX was just like Chrono Trigger, that's pretty hearty praise for FFX

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wat? Azala knew that the Reptites were going to be wiped out when Lavos landed because they couldn't survive the coming ice age. Although you'd think a 65 million year long Ice Age would probably wipe out a prehistoric human civilization too. They certainly didn't worship Lavos.

Actually the game never really delves into Azala at all. She recognizes the gate key as some form of advanced technology, and presumably she sent her forces to attack the Laruba village, but she never really gets any exposition. The best thing I can guess is that she wanted to wipe out the Humans before Lavos fell so that they wouldn't inherit the planet after the Reptites died.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
in fact hardly anybody knew about him except some of the monster descendants who knew that Magus tried to summon him in the Middle Ages.
I don't know why you are arguing with me, I was making a joke while agreeing with you.

I think he meant the people from the Magic Ages who were basically siphoning from Lavos to power their wonderful civilization. The dynamic is clearly different from FFX though.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Wat? Azala knew that the Reptites were going to be wiped out when Lavos landed because they couldn't survive the coming ice age. Although you'd think a 65 million year long Ice Age would probably wipe out a prehistoric human civilization too.
Humans are warm-blooded. Plus, they had fur bikinis.