Final Fantasy VII Remake

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know why you are arguing with me, I was making a joke while agreeing with you.

I think he meant the people from the Magic Ages who were basically siphoning from Lavos to power their wonderful civilization. The dynamic is clearly different from FFX though.
Oh yeah, you could argue that the Kingdom of Zeal basically worshipped Lavos, I forgot about those nuts.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Honestly, a -lot- of hate for FF9 stems from the character design. The main character is a monkey-tailed 80's glam rock star, there's a big knight with gratuitous eyeliner, and your dragoon is a rat. Also, Kuja looked pretty fruity for most of the game.
Character design had nothing to do with my dislike of FF9, they were pretty decent. I hated being forced into playing certain characters due to being geographically separated, and I didn't really like the battle system, namely how summons worked. Also, Necron.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know if we are only hating on the main games but fucking Ehrgeiz.. I spent $60 as a teen on that shit because fighting game with FF characters and it was such shit maybe played it twice.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I don't know if we are only hating on the main games but fucking Ehrgeiz.. I spent $60 as a teen on that shit because fighting game with FF characters and it was such shit maybe played it twice.
And yet Einh?nder was fantastic. I guess Squaresoft is 50/50 with their non-RPG German-titled games.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Bouncer

Quite possibly the shortest, most disappointing Square game I can think of. You could do like a three hit combo on each character that would carry you through the entire game, and it took a total of 4 hours of -bad- playing to beat everything. Ehrgeiz at least had nostalgia going for it, and you had to unlock shit. Bouncer was just bad. Einhander was decent, though.

Lets talk shit about Tobal No.1 now! (the dutch guy was legit broken in that game)

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
Oh god i remember Ehrgeiz. The fighting game part was fucking wierd. Blocking/parry was fucking hard. But man I played the ever living shit out of quest mode, I ate that shit up. I remember having to make supply depots every few floors, manage what types of food you ate to increase your stats, messing with weapons etc. Kinda wanna play it again now.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Thinking about picking up 7-9 for $5 each. I can emulate them on my raspberry pi on my TV, but I can surround sound going to hear those sweet squeaky cursor movements in high def

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
philistine
reading a description on gamefaqs, the major changes are they added 2 playable characters and allow you to recruit Cloud much earlier, added 2 very high level jobs, job abilities cost more JP, non-basic jobs have significantly higher prerequisites, they added more story battles, cutscenes are cell shaded FMVs now instead of just using the game engine + text boxes, and the game runs a bit slower.

Basically most of it is them undoing all the easy mode changes to the US version of the game, which I didn't even know about. So lots of battles will be harder, but they apparently nerfed the second Wiegraf fight a bit because everybody had to cheese it, even Japanese hardmode players.

*edit*

Oh and they made Meliadoul and Orlandu even MORE overpowered by buffing the divine knight abilities to do more damage to monsters, or to humans who don't have gear to break in the slot you're targeting.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
War of the Lions is the superior version of Tactics if only for the really good redone cutscenes and retranslation alone, not even beginning to mention the gameplay changes.

Anyone who disagrees is just fucking wrong.

Watch these and tell me its not superior in every way.

Every cut scene in the game is redone in this style

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So apparently Luso's Game Hunter class is just a copy of Ramza's Squire, straight down to being able to learn Ultima, except Luso also gets Poach when he's set to his base class. Balthier is a hybrid of Machinist and Thief, so an even MORE overpowered Mustadio, but you don't get him until some time in chapter 4. Gafgarian was changed to a Fell Knight, which is a stronger version of the Dark Knight class they added. Onion Knight is basically the Freelancer from FFV.

Also 2 side missions where you play as Delita which sounds pretty cool.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Do they allow you to have a larger party overall? I was cramped on space as it was with all the story characters, my proposition crew and my Ribbon farm.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Same limit to take into missions of course but they added 8 more roster slots.

Think I'm gonna download a psp emulator and fire this bitch up. Haven't played through Tactics in at least 2-3 years, probably longer.