Final Fantasy VII Remake

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Chrono Cross was garbage. It made the entire 'Chrono' mythology so convoluted and ridiculous that no one cared enough to figure it all out. It was no longer about time travel but about alternate dimensions, body switching, and who can remember what else. It also did not have the same aesthetic feel or art style as Trigger, another colossal misstep. That game pretty much killed the entire Chrono franchise and all people want now is a proper CT remake.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
One can easily be a huge fan of Tactics Ogre and FF Tactics and still think Disgaea is unplayable.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Final Fantasy VII Remake part one scenario complete [Update] - Gematsu

Sounds like we will be getting part 1 decently soon. "The scenario of the first part up until its ending is already complete." Not sure if that means the story is done or the game itself is pretty much ready.
Well that pretty much confirms that part 1 won't be all of Midgar, unless they have been covertly working on this for 3+ years. Maybe 6-10 small chapters, released every few months? *shrug*

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
While I love me some FF/Tactics Ogre, one day I will achieve my goal of winning the lottery and finance a remake of the original Ogre Battle.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Disgaea looks like it was created by a group of 40 year old hentai loving faggots. Vandal Hearts 2 destroys the Disgaea games.

Vandal Hearts II [U] [SLUS-00940]-front.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you're interested in replaying old rpgs you should check out the emulation thread. A few of us got some sweet setups.

Tanoomba, ps3 wasn't as bad as people say. The problem is its sort of like the movie Halloween 3. By itself it's fine, but you tack on a brand like that and it's a piece of shit. I think the generation system was great. I personally played every single path.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Disgaea looks like it was created by a group of 40 year old hentai loving faggots. Vandal Hearts 2 destroys the Disgaea games.
Ah, so we've come to the root of Disgaea's limited appeal: People don't care how deep, engaging or clever the mechanics of a game are if they have to see cutesy anime gals while they play it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Tanoomba, ps3 wasn't as bad as people say. The problem is its sort of like the movie Halloween 3. By itself it's fine, but you tack on a brand like that and it's a piece of shit. I think the generation system was great. I personally played every single path.
I didn't even realize PS3 had a bad reputation. I thought the graphics and sound were great and I was able to get into it. Having said that, I don't think I ever came close to actually clearing the game, since I played it most often at my friend's house.

Northerner

N00b
Have to? Hell, I play Hyperdimension Neptunia stuff and it isn't because of the complex combat system!

Still, Disgaea is pretty polarizing. I love the series but many passionately hate it.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Have to? Hell, I play Hyperdimension Neptunia stuff and it isn't because of the complex combat system!

Still, Disgaea is pretty polarizing. I love the series but many passionately hate it.
I'm genuinely curious as to what anybody can find to "passionately hate" about Disgaea. I've been singing its praises for years to Mire and I was psyched to hear the original is finally being released on PC, but he absolutely will never play it because he can't get past the anime aesthetic and that rustles my jimmies to no end. Now I'm hearing the same "criticism" here and it just smacks of close-mindedness.

I mean, obviously to each his own. But if someone claims to be a big tactical/strategy/RPG fan and avoids one of the best series the genre has to offer over character design, well that just breaks my heart.

Vorph

It's the fourth wall breaking and writing/"humor" that falls completely flat that kills it for me. I hate those things so much that it doesn't matter how good the mechanics are, and the mechanics are a bit over the top (understatement) for my taste anyway. I've tried 1/2/3/5(demo) so it's not like I only looked at one game and dismissed the whole series. I guess I just like my SRPGs to take themselves seriously, like Tactics Ogre LUCT and everything that has cloned that game over the years.

Anime aesthetics are fine. Hell, I even managed to beat Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth1 without too much eye-rolling.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I've got nothing against anime, considering I post in the thread, but the "dood" humor really annoys the living crap out of me. I've given a couple of them a solid go, but since I'm one of those suckers that reads literally everything in a game; that shit was just too much to handle.

Not to mention that I have an aversion to numbers above like... 100,000 being used in damage calculations in video games. When people talk about how awesome it is getting their blah blah to do x millions of damage in one hit, I go "hey a stupid gameplay mechanic is at work!" and continue to not really care about Disgaea or most NIS tactical strat games. Probably missing out on some cool stuff, but from what I've played (1, 2, 3) they just aren't aimed at me as a gamer. Other people can like them, but there's too much stuff I actively dislike to really enjoy the experience.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Final Fantasy VI comes out tomorrow on Steam for the PC.

Probably old news but I didn't see it mentioned. Maybe Sean can drop by and tell us why they skipped Final Fantasy 5.

Vorph

Not sure if you're just referring to him going insane over the numbering, but they didn't skip V. It was released on Steam back in September. Personally I think the iOS/Android version (which is the source of the PC ports) is shit compared to just playing it on GBA emulator with audio/music restoration hacks. Same goes for IV and VI too for that matter.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm

Vandal Hearts II [U] [SLUS-00940]-front.jpg
Never could find a copy of Vandal Hearts 2. I played the absolute shit out of the first one. It was trash, but fun trash.