Final Fantasy VII Remake

Siliconemelons

RPGamer Screenshots

surprised not posted, shows gameplay - looks like "fake open field" turn based - or its like crisis core. Also looks like battles will be in "world" screen a-la-chrono trigger rather than going into a "battle screen"

ff7remake12.jpg

edit:

Looks like they are doing a good job at making midgar "bigger" but honestly - I hated the first act because I felt "stuck" in midgar and was just wanting to get to the over world and start doing whatever I wanted.

Regardless if over world actually has any value other than get some exp as you go from A to B- I like to be able to wonder around...

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Alright bro's, shits on sale on steam. I have 6, 7, and 8 on steam. I got a $20 steam gift card from a friend for xmas. This is what there is, what should I get.

Type 0 $14.99
3 $7.99
4 $7.99
4-2 $7.99
4 bundle (4 and 4-2) $11.49
13 $7.99
13-2 $9.99

I need your advices! Nets will be given!

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you haven't played through 4 and After Years (after years -much- less important/good compared to 4) I would at least get that. I really enjoyed type-0, but it's kingdom hearts with FF graphics, though for 15 that's not bad at all. But yeah, if you don't have 4/4-2, get that would be my suggestion. After that, I'd go for 3, as suggested. My maths are bad though, I don't think you can do both the bundle and 3 when tax is figured in. 4/4-2 would have more story cohesion, but 3 is a solid game and has a lot more character progression options because of the job system.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
No tax for me. I'm definitely getting the 4 bundle I think. Then I can get one of 3 or 13.

For historical purposes.

I owned 1, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 10-2 on consoles. Though it's been 10 years since I played 8/9/10, and probably 16 since I played 7. I've been playing through 6 on steam the past week. I don't think any stood out to me as completely unenjoyable. I really enjoyed the original when you upgrade your characters halfway through. I think 6 is the best. I really enjoyed the minigames in the later ones like the chocobo races and the card game.

I dunno, 3 or 13. Looking around the internets both seem to get ranked really low amongst the FF games

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
3 is the same "style" that the remade 4/After Years are, in that they are basically sort of super-deformed chibi characters in FF. 13 is modern gaming (well, 2009) graphics and no traditional jobs, with a very long tutorial. I personally enjoyed 13 a lot, but 3 is going to be a much more traditional deal and probably more up your alley.

Siliconemelons

3 is the same "style" that the remade 4/After Years are, in that they are basically sort of super-deformed chibi characters in FF. 13 is modern gaming (well, 2009) graphics and no traditional jobs, with a very long tutorial. I personally enjoyed 13 a lot, but 3 is going to be a much more traditional deal and probably more up your alley.
Did they remake after years with 3d? I always thought it was just 2d.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I've been replaying 13(I never beat it) the last couple weeks on PC and to be honest, I'm really enjoying it this go. I'm attributing it to the fact that I went in expecting the ridiculous 20 hour tutorial, so I guess I just have a lower bar for it. That said, I just got to Gran Pulse yesterday and I already bought FF13-2 since it was on sale.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've been replaying 13(I never beat it) the last couple weeks on PC and to be honest, I'm really enjoying it this go. I'm attributing it to the fact that I went in expecting the ridiculous 20 hour tutorial, so I guess I just have a lower bar for it. That said, I just got to Gran Pulse yesterday and I already bought FF13-2 since it was on sale.
I remember back in the day everyone here saying that the real game started at Gran Pulse so I expected it to be like leaving Midgar in FF7 and getting the whole world map. Turns out it's more like Clam Lands in FF10 and you've nearly finished the game :/

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought Gran Pulse was the worst part of the game. Never had any desire at all to pointlessly grind post-game in XIII, compared to XIII-2 which I probably spent an extra 40 hours getting a perfect set of monsters just because it was fun (and to beat all the coliseum battles).

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I'm just gonna' plow through for the rest of the story, so I can get start XIII-2, as everyting I've read about XIII-2 makes it sound like a better game.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Its not hard to be beter than 13 =/ I think its harder to be worse!
Yeah, they failed to make a worse game with FF13-2, but they doubled down and showed that with determination, hard work and perseverance, anything can be achieved. FF13-3 was released. A game featuring the two worst characters of 13, with a timer function that is never a good idea for a rpg and close to nothing that can be related to the previous games in the franchise at all.

A masterpiece of bad.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
13-2 is good, but I hope the PC version fared better than console. As I mentioned in the RPG thread, somehow the couple-year interval between XIII and its first sequel allowed for negative progress on its engine. Significantly worse graphics - terrible framerate, aliasing where none existed in XIII - plus abysmal load times and a stupid albeit less linear zone-hopping hub somewhat mar an otherwise improved game.

The monster collecting is a lot of fun, though.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Well its 2016 and after 10 year we will finally get FF13 Versus v5.1 aka FF15

I wonder how if any of the elements that made it like this will remain -

Of late all of the media usually shows more out door areas, which is cool but i was more looking forward to the inner city environment and engagements.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I haven't played it but I wonder if they just turned what was done of FF13 Versus into Lightning Returns and lifted out the best elements of it for FF15.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I haven't played it but I wonder if they just turned what was done of FF13 Versus into Lightning Returns and lifted out the best elements of it for FF15.
FF 15 is almost pure action RPG. Most fights are open in that they do not close you into any combat screen, you can run away and you can get adds. Combat in 15 is better than 13-3 though.

Not sure it feels like a FF experience, but I enjoyed the demo of 15 more than 13. Certainly has potential, but for 7 I hope they turn the action combat back a notch. Some of the gameplay attacks in the FF 7 remake trailer are identical to attacks you do in 15. However, in 15 you do not change characters (I think, at least not in the demo) and in the FF 7 remake it shows Barret as the playable character for a second.