Final Fantasy VII Remake

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
FF5, hands down. Willing to fight.

Job system was cool, but everything else pales in comparison to VI. The amount of character choices, story, side story quest lines, endings, main villain, ultros, music, graphics etc. If it was released today it would be a top rated RPG.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
FF7 best, 6 second best. After that is some mix of Tactics, 10, 9, 4, and 12.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
They need to just shut the fuck up about it until they have a date. Nobody is forgetting it exists and it’ll still make more money than god when it actually comes out. There’s zero purpose behind having a teaser video once every few years.

• 2Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
FFT was always my favorite ff game. The story and the jobs and mechanics were a ton of fun to me.
My man.

Also that trailer showed more footage from the first 30 minutes of the game. That's fucking awesome!! Only took 4 years! I'll make sure I don't purchase it when it comes out in another 3 or 4 years.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

Action battle system sucks... crisis core system was bearable only because you could cheese it and push through the game to eat up its great story... then stop before the end.

Square why can't you END these awesome stories well?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Do we know it is actually action battle -only-? Most of the FF games have had toggles between active time and true turn based in the past.

Regarding FF nostalgia, for those that haven't played, FFXIV has tons of prior FF callbacks. There are entire FF6 based raids, including Kefka, Ultros and Chupon, and Phantom Train. Phantom Train even has a rare easter egg where that thief dude that dies in 1 hit spawns instead of a ghost when you get transported inside the train car lol

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm in if they have this menu
505d02485cd5ad91b9b9206995aba575.png

voices were atrocious, looks like they re-used the same guys from advent children

jap release

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I saw the trailer, thought it was awesome. Then read this is episodic? What the fuck. How did that work out for Half Life?

Give me a fucking break. If Squaresoft put all their energy into remaking this game they would have a totally legendary game.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Holy fuck why does every Final Fantasy thread have to turn over a discussion over which was best/worst/MY FAVESIES?

Also Tactics was undoubtedly the best and I’ll fight you.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
There's zero chance this will have all the minigames and extra shit. We'll be lucky if we get literally anything at all for breeding chocobos. Guaranteed Yuffie and Vincent will be PAID DLC instead of free sidequest.

Ruby and Emerald weapons will be their own paid DLC.

Calling this nostradamus prediction right here right now: you'll be able to purchase the dress skin for cloud to use the rest of the game from the Squarestore.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Triggered
  • 1Picard

Rude

Potato del Grande
I saw the trailer, thought it was awesome. Then read this is episodic? What the fuck. How did that work out for Half Life?

Give me a fucking break. If Squaresoft put all their energy into remaking this game they would have a totally legendary game.
The footage isn't anything further into the game than when they made the announcement back in 2015. And it's a remake that Nomura is heading up. It'll be a very different game than the original, most likely for the worse. Nomura's track record is shit, political correctness is cantankerous and they're breaking the game into chunks.

I'll bet if it ever hits retail it'll probably get skewered and any follow on programs will get shit canned.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Guys guys guys, this is the FF7 remake thread, not the general purpose FF thread, take the best FF debate there. Lets get back to the important discussions like where are the HD shots of Tifa's boobies?

Edit: This is prolly what we'll get

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Weird Boner

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
FF7 was the final fantasy game with best storyline and characters, the other ones were too abstract and meandering. The environmentalism and oil-exploitation angle was good stuff, and relevant for it's time and today. Other final fantasy games are just... blahhh.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Can we talk about how Tifa was trash tier wife material and cloud only slept with her because the love of his life Aerith died?.

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry