Final Fantasy VII Remake

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
You member berry eating mofos need to stop giving your money to remakes and start asking for new quality IPs.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah SE make a new game!

FFXV was the literal worst RPG I've ever played.

I'd rather eat infected corny shit coming out of a hobo's ass

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I said quality IPs not boy band simulator XV.

Plus people bought that garbage game up.

Vote with your dollars!@! (this goes for all companies)

Also FFVI was best, fight me.

• 2Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i think ff7 gets WAAAAY more credit than it deserves. it did some things right, development wise...but i think it was more coincidence of the era of gaming than anything else. it brought the genre from cute 2d sprites to 3d polygons, but everything else was doing that too. at the time, nintendo had held the market up until very recently, and sony took the idea that not all games have to be for kids. so it got a lot stronger grip on pop culture.

but story wise? it's a mess. gameplay? nothing new there.

don't get me wrong, i like ff7 but i never got the "THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER" hype that so many people believe.

• 5Like
  • 2Picard
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 11 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
i think ff7 gets WAAAAY more credit than it deserves. it did some things right, development wise...but i think it was more coincidence of the era of gaming than anything else. it brought the genre from cute 2d sprites to 3d polygons, but everything else was doing that too. at the time, nintendo had held the market up until very recently, and sony took the idea that not all games have to be for kids. so it got a lot stronger grip on pop culture.

don't get me wrong, i like ff7 but i never got the "THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER" hype that so many people believe.

I'll fight you.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I liked FF15. Actually the only one I ever finished. But I also hate games that disrupt story pacing with grinding levels.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Looks nice, but I did like FFXV combat for the most part so not too turned off by the gameplay, I could see people who wanted the old systems hating this though. Now if they can actually release this before 2021 that'd be great.

Imagine we will be rocking PS5's by the time it does release. Which honestly, I'm not sure I'd mind waiting for it in that case.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I enjoyed FF15 also, and loved FF7.

That said, this isn't exciting me the way it should be. I mean I should be super excited about this, but I'm not. Nothing that I can see really, maybe I'm just not excited about a remake as much as I would be about FF16 for example.

Still I'll most likely check it out when it comes out if reviews are decent.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande

It was the first JRPG released in Europe, gameplay-wise everything was new for us. I'd also never seen any manga or anime (even now it's niche), so the story and setting were also new. The Cyberpunk style of Midgar blew my mind.

I'd played Zelda on Gameboy (Link's Awakening) but that's a very different style of RPG. I was obsessed with that too.

I looked up the dates and I was shocked to learn that Pokemon was released 2 years later than FF7.

And yes they didn't release FF1-6 in Europe at all, I played FF6 when it was released for PS1 a few years after FF7 and I had to pirate roms of the others.

• 2Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

FFVII was great. The main overarching plot isn’t bad, but in traditional jap fashion it becomes completely convoluted and nonsensical by halftime. The materia system was pretty fun overall, it had some decent mini games, enough hidden challenges and side quests to fill out the game, and a reall cool (to me anyways) world setting.

While nothing was super amazing, it was pretty solid in all areas which made it a good game. My main complaint is how identical your characters became in combat by the end, and you basically just chose based off of their level 4 limit break or just by whic character you liked best. Oh and if you actually completed getting kotr, the rest of the main story became trivial.

I’ll probably get the remake but I’m not all that excited. Ffxv combat was pretty much a joke. Hopefully they tighten up the story to make at least a nominal amount of sense and add some extra content.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Curious which part of ffxv you enjoyed. The broken up story that had CLEAR breaklines where DLC was going to be inserted later because it was cut from the game, the repetitive combat where you smashed one button, the retarded-ass spell system, the dumb as fuck kings weapon system, the car auto travel, anyone from the boy band, the commercials for cup noodles, the villain that made absokutely no sense, the character death that made absolutely no sense, characters referencing shit that didn't happen that was cut from the game, the multitude of gameplay bugs, or the weak story ?

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I’m just waiting for the chrono trigger remake. Since we all know that ff7 remake is a tacit admission that they have no idea for new games anymore

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Comrades showed that 15 could have a decent magic system if they took the time to finish it (which is an odd thing to say about a game that took 10 years...) but really the problem is you can see how bipolar the dev/design phases are when they do the intro part spun off as a movie and it tells a completely different story as a lead in to what you get out of the game, and the game falls short.

Cybsled

FF7 was good, but I wasn't WTF over the moon for it. Like some posted here, it served as an introduction to the JRPG market for a large segment of the market that never played them on SNES (the fact they used to cost $70-80 on SNES didn't help lol), so it holds a big nostalgia factor.

Not counting the MMOs, FF6(3) is my favorite FF game. Not sure how to order it after, but 4(2), 7, 8, 9, X were all good as well. 1 was good for the NES era, but it's pretty generic compared to modern era (...and then no one remembered that you did shit, except the elves and dragons. the end!). 8 got a lot of shit from people, but I honestly liked it. X-2 sucked and then I stopped buying consoles so I never played 12, 13, or 15.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user