Final Fantasy VII Remake

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Siliconemelons

Goobers need to play crisis core.

But kinda ignore the "end" and just think "red guy IS dead dead" and life is much better, then move on to 7, then watch adven children and press stop once sepheroth stabs cloud a billion times and he is bleeding out (extended version this is even more blood and stabbs lol)

Then, it's a happy wrapped up story

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
FF6 didn't need a mini game to be good.

6>Tactics>4>10>12.

Not sure where to rate 5.

Didn't play 9, 11, 13, 14 or 15.

If you didn't gamble near every item in the game at the Colesium, did you even play FF6?

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Goobers need to play crisis core.

But kinda ignore the "end" and just think "red guy IS dead dead" and life is much better, then move on to 7, then watch adven children and press stop once sepheroth stabs cloud a billion times and he is bleeding out (extended version this is even more blood and stabbs lol)

Then, it's a happy wrapped up story

Ya just don't play Dirge of Cerberus, a very weird game..

Siliconemelons

Ya just don't play Dirge of Cerberus, a very weird game..

Yeah... dont... its odd, its a creative venture of sqeeniz in gameplay and mechanics - so if you like /that/ kind of adventure sure...

But the entire plot is contrived from the "epilogue" from CrisisCore (that I think destroys much of the power and monetum that is Zack's story)

argh I have 2 rant so...spoiler

Okay, I like the idea that there were 3 core original Jenova dudes, Sepheroth (white) the dude Zack wanted to be, Angeal (black) and the other dude Genisis (Red)

These 3 where THE SHIT in SOLDIER and Shinra and won the war practically tipple handedly. although we come in kind of at the end of the war.

Angeal starts to "break down" first and goes off with Genisis and they think they are deserters or somesuch and Zack and Sepheroth have to go track them down.

Angeal shares some stuff about Jenovah bla bla Zack is like oh shit- while Genisis goes rouge and starts to want to take over the world and shit - this is all linked back to they are part of Jenovah who, wanted to take over and destroy the world- so they always have that in them.

I think Angeal, Sepheroth and Genisis were all "made" differently but were all v1's

Anywho, you eventually defeat Genisis because Angeal "gave himself" or somesuch to Zack and that allowed him to have the power etc. etc.

This is why, when Hojo attemptes to Jenovah infusion v2 on Cloud and Zack, Zack is okay while Cloud is turned into a ham sandwitch.

BUT THEN its like "LUZLULZULZ Genisis is not dead! the Turks took him! haha and are keeping him in stasis."

And that completely destroys a lot of the emotional build up of CrisisCore and ff7 even...

but the mobile game and Dirge I suppose finishes that by having Vincent kill Genisis "for realz" - aka a completely unneeded plot/story for NO reason and only harms crisis core and Zack, that is THE CORE of THE ACTUAL MAIN STORY

Take out Genisis surviving, the turks crap, and dirge - it actually works well to give us MORE and BETTER story to support us going into FF7 - and it kind of sets up some of the Sepheroth clone shit in advent children.

but i suppose all of the FF7 world comes down to, hunting down and killing every cell of jenovah so it will stop trying to kill the planet.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I played it when it was first released, then promptly traded it back in for money.. I don't remember alot of it just that is was very very weird...

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah... dont... its odd, its a creative venture of sqeeniz in gameplay and mechanics - so if you like /that/ kind of adventure sure...

But the entire plot is contrived from the "epilogue" from CrisisCore (that I think destroys much of the power and monetum that is Zack's story)

argh I have 2 rant so...spoiler

Okay, I like the idea that there were 3 core original Jenova dudes, Sepheroth (white) the dude Zack wanted to be, Angeal (black) and the other dude Genisis (Red)

These 3 where THE SHIT in SOLDIER and Shinra and won the war practically tipple handedly. although we come in kind of at the end of the war.

Angeal starts to "break down" first and goes off with Genisis and they think they are deserters or somesuch and Zack and Sepheroth have to go track them down.

Angeal shares some stuff about Jenovah bla bla Zack is like oh shit- while Genisis goes rouge and starts to want to take over the world and shit - this is all linked back to they are part of Jenovah who, wanted to take over and destroy the world- so they always have that in them.

I think Angeal, Sepheroth and Genisis were all "made" differently but were all v1's

Anywho, you eventually defeat Genisis because Angeal "gave himself" or somesuch to Zack and that allowed him to have the power etc. etc.

This is why, when Hojo attemptes to Jenovah infusion v2 on Cloud and Zack, Zack is okay while Cloud is turned into a ham sandwitch.

BUT THEN its like "LUZLULZULZ Genisis is not dead! the Turks took him! haha and are keeping him in stasis."

And that completely destroys a lot of the emotional build up of CrisisCore and ff7 even...

but the mobile game and Dirge I suppose finishes that by having Vincent kill Genisis "for realz" - aka a completely unneeded plot/story for NO reason and only harms crisis core and Zack, that is THE CORE of THE ACTUAL MAIN STORY

Take out Genisis surviving, the turks crap, and dirge - it actually works well to give us MORE and BETTER story to support us going into FF7 - and it kind of sets up some of the Sepheroth clone shit in advent children.

but i suppose all of the FF7 world comes down to, hunting down and killing every cell of jenovah so it will stop trying to kill the planet.
You have that wrong Genesis is not in Dirge of Cerberus except for the end credits scene where he is revealed to be alive and escapes with the antagonist of the game.

It's never confirmed but the antagonists look like the monster that escaped in the FF7 Nibelheim flashback. They are Soliders who had been infused with more mako than usual and hidden away for being too powerful.

Dirge of Cerberus is just killed by loading screens at the start. Like a minute of loading with 30 second scenes or gameplay inbetween for a few hours. In the middle of the game there's a long section with few loading screens and its pretty fun.

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

Argh sorry... guess it makes it worse...

Advent Children then is jacked up if Genesis is still around - Sepheroth still has some source of Jenovah DVA to revive from.

Or maybe it got resolved in that turks mobile game?

But all in all - CC to FF7 to AC is a decent trilogy - the other stuff is, a lot of fluff

Chris

Potato del Grande
Argh sorry... guess it makes it worse...

Advent Children then is jacked up if Genesis is still around - Sepheroth still has some source of Jenovah DVA to revive from.

Or maybe it got resolved in that turks mobile game?

But all in all - CC to FF7 to AC is a decent trilogy - the other stuff is, a lot of fluff
Dirge of Cerberus is set after Advent Children, it's the final canon story which means that the final canon scene of FF7 is... Genesis waking up.

The Turks mobile game is a prequel set before everything else I think.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Hurmm interesting.

Suppose they could continue if they wish.

Sepheroth and Genesis were made the same way right? It was Angeal that was the different method or where all 3 different

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
FB_IMG_1558481700919.jpg

• 15Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 18 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I tuned out of the plot of 10 after this abomination. From that point on its mash the next button whenever dialogue came up.

10's story was amazing, it was just god awfully acted. They either should have just kept the Japanese voices with subtitles or just had it all text still. Holy shit it was bad.

The main thing I have for this remake is the fact that they are splitting it up into parts and they are pulling in the convoluted side shit they did afterwards. One thing Square cannot seem to do anymore is tell an actual coherent story that actually makes a lick of sense. And while I wasn't a huge fan of VII's, it was fucking Shakespeare compared to what we have gotten over the last decade. And I just do not want steampunk Kingdom Hearts, and I fear that is what we are going to get and it's going to turn into this story that spans 10 games across completely different platforms and it still won't make any sense.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
This thread kicked me off with the mission to go back and actually finish FF8. I don't know why, but it was my big Final Fantasy game when I was younger, loved FF7, but 8 just grabbed me for some damn reason, but I could never bring myself to beat it. Rose tinted glasses doesn't even begin to describe my memories of this game lol, I had to be enthralled by how cool some of the GF summons were, because this is way worse than I remember.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I've played thru this version..

Some interesting changes they made to the game over all, Diamond Weapon is no joke in this version. Makes the game a lot of fun if you are tired of the normal easy mode.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

They are bringing in side stuff? I thought they were not adding in side things - just maybe overall clarification.

The entire point of most of the game is figuring out wth is with cloud - to put crisis core etc. stuff before that or during that range is breaks the story