Final Fantasy VII Remake

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
FF10 was without question the best gameplay wise, the combat system was perfect. Most of the characters were alright too, just the fact that the two main characters (Tidus and Yuna) were so naive and retarded. The terrible voice acting for those two didn't help either.
Yeah, I played FFX for the first time when the remaster came out for PS3. I honestly never though it'd be possible to barely pay attention to the characters and story in a fucking Final Fantasy game and yet still have a blast. Seriously, that game is fun as hell - the sphere grid is just addictive, and the post-game content (which they actually let you do before the last boss, so it's really not post-game - cool!) has a better power curve than any other jrpg I've ever played. I loved how I'd be getting super powerful and that there would always be something new to beat while I grinded away. Most jrpg's fail there - they usually just include a dungeon that's so much harder than the main game that you have to grind your ass off to beat it. In FFX, it seemed like there was always something new that I was capable of beating pretty much all the way up to that crazy ultimate baddie - forgot its name, but I never beat it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Now your ass is trolling. Triple triad is a kings game. That ff9 abomination is where anger should lie. Blitzball just had too much grind to it.
There was a minigame in FF9? I don't even remember it.

But seriously everything about FF8 was bad, Triple Triad included.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
There was a minigame in FF9? I don't even remember it.

But seriously everything about FF8 was bad, Triple Triad included.
Ff9 game was a bigger triple triad where your cards could "level up" in some nonsense. Why would a card level up? ....a paper playing card.

I loved 10-2 but i will be damned if i could get through the jpop songs again

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You're all wrong. I'm going to go replay Final Fantasy Tactics with the JP scroll glitch.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Triple Triad was pretty fun, except for the "Random" rule the queen would inject into the area occasionally. Granted, for the most part you were just drawing and beating certain encounters in certain ways to get certain cards, then beating certain players to acquire the bullshit top cards with like 2 As and some 9s on them.

Blitzball was fun until you realize that the AI is functionally retarded and if you ever get one moderately fast person on your team, you can peel defenders off every other teammate and then just pass to one of your shooters to easily score and win every game with zero risk. Or you could just use Tidus and use his starting jecht shot (don't even need the second) and you will basically win every single game on him alone. Put Brother in the middle and the other team may as well not show up. Definitely not the most interesting game unless you routinely trade your absolute best players out for the absolute worst, and then don't put skills properly on them.

Anyway, people can enjoy different things and that's fine.

I'm hoping they keep the majority of the core concepts from FF7 intact, but the slow turn-based combat will probably not be returning, and I would imagine they combine many of the materia to reduce the amount around. Like getting a black mage materia that has fire/lightning/ice on it, etc. And I can guarantee they are going to put a short summoning animation feature in, hah.

dimstar

Silver Knight of the Realm
Sean would be sad at all of you. XENOGEARS mother fuckers, they need to remake this and put out a fully finished 3rd CD!!!! Best RPG ever.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Triple Triad was pretty fun, except for the "Random" rule the queen would inject into the area occasionally. Granted, for the most part you were just drawing and beating certain encounters in certain ways to get certain cards, then beating certain players to acquire the bullshit top cards with like 2 As and some 9s on them.

Blitzball was fun until you realize that the AI is functionally retarded and if you ever get one moderately fast person on your team, you can peel defenders off every other teammate and then just pass to one of your shooters to easily score and win every game with zero risk. Or you could just use Tidus and use his starting jecht shot (don't even need the second) and you will basically win every single game on him alone. Put Brother in the middle and the other team may as well not show up. Definitely not the most interesting game unless you routinely trade your absolute best players out for the absolute worst, and then don't put skills properly on them.

Anyway, people can enjoy different things and that's fine.

I'm hoping they keep the majority of the core concepts from FF7 intact, but the slow turn-based combat will probably not be returning, and I would imagine they combine many of the materia to reduce the amount around. Like getting a black mage materia that has fire/lightning/ice on it, etc. And I can guarantee they are going to put a short summoning animation feature in, hah.
I highly doubt they are getting rid of turn based combat

Solariss

Golden Squire
I know this means nothing, but lol. They couldn't really think it would release next year? I didn't think Amazon would put up a placeholder date that quickly. Figured we'd at least know the year before seeing preorder stuff... However, part of me of course is hoping Amazon knows something we don't. I read an article stating the game was already in development during last year's e3.

Amazon.com: Final Fantasy VII: Remake - PlayStation 4: Video Games

Zaide

TLP Idealist
If they change anything besides the graphics there will be a flood of tears from various fan cliques.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sean would be sad at all of you. XENOGEARS mother fuckers, they need to remake this and put out a fully finished 3rd CD!!!! Best RPG ever.
I loved 6 and 7 liked 8 ok enjoyed but never finished 9 or 10.... but this I would shit my pants for this. I played xenogears once a year for years

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I loved 10-2 but i will be damned if i could get through the jpop songs again
10 and 10-2 are awesome. They're Kitase games very similar to VII in every way. Hell they're directly connected through Rin and Shin-Ra, albeit not in a truly meaningful way. One day we may however find out that Jenova (who in FF7 was NOT female before she landed) was Yevon or maybe even this stupid-ass 2nd version of Sin from the new audio sequel.

Anyway...before I drone on about geek shit, I just wanted to post this.

Why? Because Fuck you. That's why
tongue.png

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It's funny you mention that. I've been debating the past day whether or not to waste 5-600 bucks (I don't even know how much a ps4 is) just to play 1 game when it's most likely going to come out on PC within a year.

But I probably will.

Column_sl

shitlord
Why do people love Xenogears so much?

(other than the fact that it was an RPG with mechs)
Because it was great, and it still is a epic game. Had some great parody moments, and a ton of really bad ass twists and turns in the story.
Not to mention the combat system was un like any RPG that was being produced back then. A fighting game/turn based hybrid.

The art was also really good.

Just need Arc Systems to take the tech they used for Guilty Gear XRD and port it over to this new system.

FYI im not a big fan of all the other Xeno games. I don't even consider them a part of the original game.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Playing 10 was like reading a book. It was great. 9 paid a lot of homage to old FF games, Vivi for example. And that was great. Everything after 10 sucked and 8 wasnt so hot either.