Final Fantasy VII Remake

Timechild

Trakanon Raider
Fuck, really? Aren't there 21 chapters? That's a lot of end game.
There are 18 chapters total. You can also complete battle intels in chapter 16 one part of the shinra building. One battle intel requires you to master all 12 green magic materia so if your not using all of them remember to swap them around.

Yes, but the 200% stagger is pretty hard.

Aerith has a weapon that that shoot a beam that increases stagger apparently. Tifa has one stop but it's in Shinra Building.

I didn't get Leviathan until New Game + and haven't tried the last one yet, though I've unlocked it.
If you use Tifa's unbridled strength to upgrade Tifa's triangle move twice, then use its all 3 times on a staggered enemy you'll pass 200% real quick.

Chris

Potato del Grande
There are 18 chapters total. You can also complete battle intels in chapter 16 one part of the shinra building. One battle intel requires you to master all 12 green magic materia so if your not using all of them remember to swap them around.

If you use Tifa's unbridled strength to upgrade Tifa's triangle move twice, then use its all 3 times on a staggered enemy you'll pass 200% real quick.
Yeah I finished the entire game without understanding how Tifa worked and just used her as healer. I dumb.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Wait til this comes out on PC and we get that Demake mod that keeps everything the same but adds classic combat w/ normal and hard modes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wish they would have remade 6

Maybe they will after this, could add in some more actual interaction with Kefka in WoR. I know it's basically a meme at this point that many FF fans consider him the "best villain" but I think they dropped the ball a bit by having nothing with him basically for the entire 2nd half of the game up until you march up and kill him.

Malakriss

Does MP Absorption work with Deadly Dodge like HP Absorption does? Also it's a real shame you only get one Magnify I'd like more things than just party Haste.

Merrith

They would have ruined the combat the same way they ruined it here though :(

It's way better than XV's and quite a lot of fun. Although if you're a turn based purist I can understand. From what I hear Classic mode isn't really even close to the same thing so the game wouldn't scratch that itch at all.

If they actually were going do Remake another one I wonder if VI or IX would get looked at first.

Cybsled

Neither. 6 will be over 30 years old and 9 wasn't huge like 7. If I had to bet money, FFX would be the most likely one for a future remake on this scale.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

X really has stand out visuals - the only real advantage would be to make it an action game... that what these are, I don't consider them RPGs with how action spam these battle systems are.

I was able to deal with the demo combat... I didn't really enjoy it... I had no clue what Barrett what doing and only notice to heal him once...yeah it was on easy and classic mode... classic mode is dumb it's nothing like turn based.

Merrith

Neither. 6 will be over 30 years old and 9 wasn't huge like 7. If I had to bet money, FFX would be the most likely one for a future remake on this scale.

I wouldn't expect X to get it just because it already had an HD remaster. Actually IX did as well, along with XII. VI probably the most popular after VII overall. Over 30 years old not that big a deal, FF7 was 23 years ago.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I wish they would have remade 6
That'd be fucking awesome in some ways, but the pixel art is too iconic. Same for Chrono Trigger.

Some kind of FF6 prequel or sequel in this modern style could be seriously awesome though, but I don't think I'd mind a remake either if they could do it right.

Anyway, this game looks awesome, hopefully it comes to PC or I can play it on PS5. Not buying a PS4 at this point, because I don't have a TV for it and PS4 looks like shit on all my 1440p monitors.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
You think you do, but you really don't

ff1-ff6-misc01.jpg

FF6_Kefkaart.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 4 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i would pay so much money to see sabin suplexing the ghost train in a next gen 3d engine

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Is it worth grinding out like 1800 AP in Chapter 14 to finish all magic materia out? I assume you just do the highway route and chocobo back to restart.