Final Fantasy VII Remake

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I’ve seen them. I just don’t feel like it’s very deep. I would read posts about how you can do all this crazy stuff then I go look up the video and they’re all “if you do Tifas attacks in this order it does more damage or staggers more often” it’s cool and all, I just wasn’t that impressed with how “deep” doing attacks in a certain order on one character really is. Barrett’s consists of “press the charge button when he does his reload animation” lol

From these comments i really hope you arent one of those guys upset its not turned based

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
From these comments i really hope you arent one of those guys upset its not turned based
I would’ve preferred turn based yes (or something more like FF12), I’m actually playing through the original FF7 with a graphics mod now. I’m not saying turn based FF is deep however, just pushing against the narrative that ff7r combat is deep. I see it a lot on here and other places, comments on YouTube, etc. There are different builds you can do but there just isn’t enough for me to consider it a very deep system like FFT.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
FF7R is deep in the sense that you can use multiple play "styles" per character as you can use actual different builds where the combat youre doing actually feels different and not just cycling spells/mana. I played through FF7R before i saw the video of combat and it blew me away to the point i felt like i played the entire game wrong and should feel ashamed. It may not be for everyone but i much prefer the current FF7R combat to most other games. I would like something to be turned based again, maybe a Legends of Dragoon remake but im content where FF7R is and i guess its also why i gravitate towards Tales of - games too.

• 1Solidarity

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FF7R is deep in the sense that you can use multiple play "styles" per character as you can use actual different builds where the combat youre doing actually feels different and not just cycling spells/mana. I played through FF7R before i saw the video of combat and it blew me away to the point i felt like i played the entire game wrong and should feel ashamed. It may not be for everyone but i much prefer the current FF7R combat to most other games. I would like something to be turned based again, maybe a Legends of Dragoon remake but im content where FF7R is and i guess its also why i gravitate towards Tales of - games too.

Is Legends of Dragoon remake an actual thing? I fucking loved the pants off that game.

• 1Solidarity

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
FFT had the best combat system, but the AI/NPC scaling not going with you made it too stupid effective to just abuse self heal/spin punch crap. If the enemies scaled with you, even max calc's would still present some form of challenge.

Was always partial to double attack monks with earth slash

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Until you got Calculator maxed, which was then fun for another 30 minutes, until you realized there was zero challenge/fun anymore (not that it was challenging prior, but yeah).

Yeah but who did that first playthrough, unless they were already at the end of the game?

Plus it's still a pita to steal accessories from the Assasins

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah but who did that first playthrough, unless they were already at the end of the game?

Plus it's still a pita to steal accessories from the Assasins

For those that max Calculator and get every item out of Deep Dungeon, stealing the accessories from the Assassins is no big thing.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
For those that max Calculator and get every item out of Deep Dungeon, stealing the accessories from the Assassins is no big thing.

The Deep Dungeon is End Game stuff

Keeping the Assasins locked down while you debuff is a pita midgame

joz123

Potato del Grande
Orlandu was op too but at least you get him near the end of the game.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Max speed ninja team was pretty lolbroken in FFT. By then end I didn't even bother deploying more than ramza. That game was fun, and one of my favorite games, but calling the combat great once you got past the mid game is probably not very accurate.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Deep Dungeon is End Game stuff

Keeping the Assasins locked down while you debuff is a pita midgame

Yeah I'm just saying people who went in deep on end game stuff were probably finding guides to help with the assassins (there are ways to make it easier)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Until you got Calculator maxed, which was then fun for another 30 minutes, until you realized there was zero challenge/fun anymore (not that it was challenging prior, but yeah).

Look at this guy playing characters with more than three faith.

Shine on you crazy diamond.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah FFT was great, probably my favorite game of all time, but it's just not challenging or balanced at endgame.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
FFT was great if you did challenges. I did a few runs where I would recreate other FF characters like doing a FF4 only team and only using those jobs

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
FFT would be an amazing game to remake or do a sequel but I have no faith in them doing it right. It would be some action moba bullshit or something.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
FFT would be an amazing game to remake or do a sequel but I have no faith in them doing it right. It would be some action moba bullshit or something.
They made sequels to FFT, it was video game aids. Referee NPC in battles that would yellow/red card you for using x/y ability and shit.

• 3Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users