Final Fantasy VII Remake

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
jesus christ zack sounds like a faggot, where do they get these bottom bin voice actors?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone who actually thought the rest of the series wasn't going to be PS5 exclusive (at least for a year or so for each successive part) initially were actually crazy.

Merrith

jesus christ zack sounds like a faggot, where do they get these bottom bin voice actors?

If you're talking about from the Crisis Core remaster, that was literally the original voice for him. It's ironic b/c there was many people complaining it was a new VA for him in Remake.

Malkav

French Madman
Anyone who actually thought the rest of the series wasn't going to be PS5 exclusive (at least for a year or so for each successive part) initially were actually crazy.

Oh yeah, it's expected, just a pain in the ass.

Merrith

Oh yeah, it's expected, just a pain in the ass.

The best part will be the people that cry about it not being on PS4, while everyone with half a brain was predicting from the jump that all the parts after the first would be next gen (current gen at this point).

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
The best part will be the people that cry about it not being on PS4, while everyone with half a brain was predicting from the jump that all the parts after the first would be next gen (current gen at this point).

That shouldn't be a surprise though. Is the Intergrade version/DLC on PS4? Thought that was only on PS5/PC?

Merrith

That shouldn't be a surprise though. Is the Intergrade version/DLC on PS4? Thought that was only on PS5/PC?

It shouldn't be a surprise, but you know how people are: "The first part was released on PS4, the rest should be too!!!"

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

Intergrade is only on PS5/PC

Here's too hoping Sony increases production.. cause fuck its such a pain too find one still, I'm still needing a 2nd one sense I gave my first one too my brother.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
3 parts confirmed, eh?

That's actually kinda a relief.

So this one is probably going up to Temple of the Ancients or something.

Unless they're gonna go off in a completely new direction and this is actually a sequel, not a remake.

::watches the trailer::

"The past is the past but the future can be changed because the past is set in stone but the future blah blah"

Well, at least this is only a few months away, looks like by "winter 2023" it means Q1.

Edit: NM, it's Q4 2023. The end of the trailer says "this winter" and "next winter". We're getting Crisis Core this holiday season and FF7R2 next holiday season.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it was a little vague with "next winter". Wish they'd just say "Q4 2023" or something.

So if this is coming out 3 and a half years after the previous one, factoring out COVID delays and asset construction, we can expect the third one in...late 2025 or late 2026?

Also they're making it super obvious that Aerith is gonna be rescued this time. So the curveball surprise may end up being that she does die. Still think it'll be Cloud or Zack dying in her place though.

Maybe the sex scene under the airship will be Zack and Aerith in this universe while Tifa cries in her bunk.

spronk

FPS noob
did they say anything about progression carryover from part 1 or will everyone get like the same basic loadout

the PC port was 18 months after initial release so i'm happy to pick it up on PS5, i played part 1 on PS4 and enjoyed it a lot so part 2 will be day 1 for sure. No real reason it shouldn't be able to do 60 fps like the ps5 version hit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
did they say anything about progression carryover from part 1 or will everyone get like the same basic loadout

the PC port was 18 months after initial release so i'm happy to pick it up on PS5, i played part 1 on PS4 and enjoyed it a lot so part 2 will be day 1 for sure. No real reason it shouldn't be able to do 60 fps like the ps5 version hit.
My assumption is some things will carry over, and a new player will get a basic level of stuff where you can get the stuff that carries over/better stuff after playing a little while, so people have only a small advantage if they cleared stuff in the first game. It'd be dumb for them to give you a large advantage since it'd just trivialize the game. That said they could also have nothing carry over but I feel they might want to get people to care about the DLCs/post game content kind of thing, maybe.

That said don't think they've said anything specifically yet, game's still far.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Why couldn't they have just slapped these graphics on the original game? This shit's gay.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
DD 2 will be awesome I hope.
I have more hours in Dragons Dogma than Skyrim I think, it's such a great and weird game but if I explained any part of it to anyone I think they'd be turned off by it. I have extreme doubts about DD2... of all the games one could make a sequel for and stay true to the original, while improving upon it... I think Dragons Dogma has to be one of the hardest and unlikliest to get a good sequel. Here's to hoping though...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Why couldn't they have just slapped these graphics on the original game? This shit's gay.

Can sympathize wanting that, but they never intended to do that, even as far back as when the original teaser came out in 2015.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user