Final Fantasy VII Remake

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
LOL its still there on the switch version, surprising ;-)

Also... on the "love triangle" - Cloud should be with Tifa, duh childhood friends etc etc - the only reason Arith is a thing is because he has Zack's memories jacking him up- but apparently she just goes with whatever blue eyes spiky haired dude gives her attention. I put that on her being a...flower girl...

::large air-quotes:: "Flower girl"

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That is probably because of simps wanting to install the physical version of the game that does not alter flashback Tifa's costume to be in line with Rebirth. Or the one line of Aerith's dialogue. One of those.
Used copies have been $100+ on Amazon for over a year, and mostly sold out since mid-January. The PS5 release just had an extremely small print run in north america for whatever reason.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Game bugged and I got stuck during the final boss fight. Character and boss just standing there, all animations working, music playing, but couldn't input any commands.

Restarted, got past the bug point, get one shot by the boss further in, "last battle" checkpoint goes back like 5 encounters... shut off game.

I get it's supposed to be an epic final encounter but it was 1:30am and I couldn't do it all a third time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
20240404_204019.jpg

183 hours later. Took me way longer than Remake did. 10/10 game though.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I assume that requires getting rank 3 on all the minigames? That can fuck right off.
Rebirth has a lot of really great minigames but also some terrible ones.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I assume that requires getting rank 3 on all the minigames? That can fuck right off.
Rebirth has a lot of really great minigames but also some terrible ones.

Which ones would you consider outright terrible out of curiosity?

Also that trophy is pretty crazy, congrats.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Which ones would you consider outright terrible out of curiosity?
The shooting gallery one in costa del sol and the chocobo flying one in cosmo are probably the ones I hate the most. Flying one isn't too far off being a good minigame if the visibility wasn't so poor.

The soccer one in costa is also a really bad minigame because of how horrible the movement is although its pretty easy.

• 1Moron
  • 1Like

Merrith

The shooting gallery one in costa del sol and the chocobo flying one in cosmo are probably the ones I hate the most. Flying one isn't too far off being a good minigame if the visibility wasn't so poor.

The soccer one in costa is also a really bad minigame because of how horrible the movement is although its pretty easy.

I'll admit I have had issues with the flying game, and I kind of just left it after completing the sidequest (although I think it's fun, just seems like really need to do a few runs to get route down).

Ironically I think the shooting game was one of my favorites, and felt very good to beat the top level. A tip for when accuracy matters, going fast isn't really the best way for multiple reasons.

The timed soccer game was just super easy b/c you can crush out the first 4 from across the entire field with no issues, then just hit some lob shots when needed.

• 1Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Initially I just kind of suffered through the chocobo glide minigame to finish the sidequest. I didn't like it much either. However for the rk3 I watched a pretty good video tutorial on it that made it quite a bit easier and I finished it after a try or two.

Gears and Gambits is another one I didn't care much for but it was the same deal; looked up what the optimal setup for each mission and breezed through it. Cactuar Crush was a lot of fun, but the Aerith versions are brutal until you have a later weapon skill that makes it 100x easier.

I wish there was more Ft Condor.

Merrith

Initially I just kind of suffered through the chocobo glide minigame to finish the sidequest. I didn't like it much either. However for the rk3 I watched a pretty good video tutorial on it that made it quite a bit easier and I finished it after a try or two.

Gears and Gambits is another one I didn't care much for but it was the same deal; looked up what the optimal setup for each mission and breezed through it. Cactuar Crush was a lot of fun, but the Aerith versions are brutal until you have a later weapon skill that makes it 100x easier.

I wish there was more Ft Condor.

I feel like I brute forced Gears and Gambits and didn't fully use all the stuff they give by the 4th mission (although I haven't completed hard modes for that yet, which you need to in order to hit Party Level 10).

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I feel like I brute forced Gears and Gambits and didn't fully use all the stuff they give by the 4th mission (although I haven't completed hard modes for that yet, which you need to in order to hit Party Level 10).
I was trying to play it strategically and plan out units to counter other units but in the end it all boiled down to making your shit as cheap as possible and going the zerg route.

Merrith

I was trying to play it strategically and plan out units to counter other units but in the end it all boiled down to making your shit as cheap as possible and going the zero route.

That's pretty much how I beat last couple. Obviously I was still using units that were effective against certain elements/flyers, but making units cost less let me spam more to load as much damage on boss as I could to beat the timer. Good use of special abilities is important, too.

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I was trying to play it strategically and plan out units to counter other units but in the end it all boiled down to making your shit as cheap as possible and going the zerg route.

I didn't know the units changed (think there are 4 different?) when you enter the missions. Had issues with one until I looked up that. Then I just re-entered until I got the red unit that costs 5. No other units, just zerg. Went from difficult to doing it in less than a minute.

• 2Like

BunkyChutt

Poet Warrior
I beated remake it be the best damn ps4/5 game the Bunker ever played! I had a final play through on hard mode doing every side mission and collecting every song. I made sure I finished a week before rebirth came out. And now I’m playing rebirth. Chapter 8. Main cloud (of course!), Red, And Tifa . I understand There’s a mode where he doesn’t have to be in the party after you beat it but I can’t imagine playing without cloud, whom I feel like I’ve known the guy my whole life!
Queens blood is addictive. Combat is a step up.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think Cloud can be taken out of the main battle party once you beat the game and are going back through with chapter select. However he's always the lead character in the field no matter what, which is pretty lame for anyone hoping to have Tifa in the lead and look at her all the time instead, with her short shorts and tied shirt Costa outfit. Oh well.

View attachment 523048

183 hours later. Took me way longer than Remake did. 10/10 game though.

GG! What was the toughest part? Any major grinds?

Considered going for it myself but decided to wait for playthrough 2, whenever that is. Would I be better off playing through with chapter select to get everything done, then doing Hard Mode, or could I double up and do everything in Hard Mode without it being a massive issue? The latter would be a lot faster but IDK how many trophies are worsened by Hard Mode. Might want to stay in normal mode to cap levels at least, cause I think I finished the game at 45 or so.

In the original Remake I capped everyone's levels (in the Shinra Tower garage area which has a ton of mobs) before I even started Hard Mode and it made HM a lot easier.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think Cloud can be taken out of the main battle party once you beat the game and are going back through with chapter select. However he's always the lead character in the field no matter what, which is pretty lame for anyone hoping to have Tifa in the lead and look at her all the time instead, with her short shorts and tied shirt Costa outfit. Oh well.

GG! What was the toughest part? Any major grinds?

Considered going for it myself but decided to wait for playthrough 2, whenever that is. Would I be better off playing through with chapter select to get everything done, then doing Hard Mode, or could I double up and do everything in Hard Mode without it being a massive issue? The latter would be a lot faster but IDK how many trophies are worsened by Hard Mode. Might want to stay in normal mode to cap levels at least, cause I think I finished the game at 45 or so.

In the original Remake I capped everyone's levels (in the Shinra Tower garage area which has a ton of mobs) before I even started Hard Mode and it made HM a lot easier.
Hardest grind was definitely the brutal Chadley fights. Took me a few days to figure out good materia setups to get them down and learning all the mobs moves. Some of them would be near impossible without specific setups (at least for me) but I'm sure some turbo autist has already sped run them Cloud only with no damage taken or something. The final Brutal fight I actually found it way easier to not use Cloud at all, but its kinda dependant on you having a Genji Glove. The Legendary solo battles were actually easier for me, Clouds was the most difficult but the other characters were pretty simple imo.

You get a XP boost materia in chapter 13 in the temple of the ancients if you are diligent about looking for loot, and once equipped it works for ALL your characters not just the toon its equipped on. Post game you can just throw it on someone and grind levels extremely fast. I beat it at level... 48? I think and did 49-70 in about 20 minutes. Change difficulty to easy, fire+magnify, a first strike, and waste packs of mobs in a second or two. Open world packs, not VR or colloseum missions. Those are good xp but only the toons in your party get the xp/ap vs ALL of your crew getting xp/ap in the field. Gongaga as much as I hate the music has a ton of packs around the run down port area in the south. Its a fast travel spot too.

I wouldn't touch hard difficulty until you've done everything else on easy if you are trophy hunting. Easy game difficulty effects lots of things, not just mob hp/damage. Some mini games are easier with timing, etc. VR missions/colloseum stuff are easier despite the match difficulty. The exception being the Brutal/Legendary stuff. Blue materia is make or break in HM at least for me, and learning good combinations and most importantly the tough mobs you'll fight in hard mode beforehand really helps. Gotterdammerung helps some, but honestly the gengji glove is the primo accessory im this game.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Finally beat the game and I don't see where most of the critiques are coming from regarding story. More answers than questions given, and even questionable elements of the end only boil down to one of a few options. We're more just guessing about how things are going to unfold. I thought it was done very well. I hope the final installment really hits the grandiosity of Act 3 in the original game and brings back all of the Weapons fully realized, etc.

• 2Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally beat the game and I don't see where most of the critiques are coming from regarding story. More answers than questions given, and even questionable elements of the end only boil down to one of a few options. We're more just guessing about how things are going to unfold. I thought it was done very well. I hope the final installment really hits the grandiosity of Act 3 in the original game and brings back all of the Weapons fully realized, etc.
Yeah I've watched some YouTube theories of how these people think it's gonna go and 99% of them are retarded. Like, did we play the same game? Lol

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Hardest grind was definitely the brutal Chadley fights. Took me a few days to figure out good materia setups to get them down and learning all the mobs moves. Some of them would be near impossible without specific setups (at least for me) but I'm sure some turbo autist has already sped run them Cloud only with no damage taken or something. The final Brutal fight I actually found it way easier to not use Cloud at all, but its kinda dependant on you having a Genji Glove. The Legendary solo battles were actually easier for me, Clouds was the most difficult but the other characters were pretty simple imo.

You get a XP boost materia in chapter 13 in the temple of the ancients if you are diligent about looking for loot, and once equipped it works for ALL your characters not just the toon its equipped on. Post game you can just throw it on someone and grind levels extremely fast. I beat it at level... 48? I think and did 49-70 in about 20 minutes. Change difficulty to easy, fire+magnify, a first strike, and waste packs of mobs in a second or two. Open world packs, not VR or colloseum missions. Those are good xp but only the toons in your party get the xp/ap vs ALL of your crew getting xp/ap in the field. Gongaga as much as I hate the music has a ton of packs around the run down port area in the south. Its a fast travel spot too.

I wouldn't touch hard difficulty until you've done everything else on easy if you are trophy hunting. Easy game difficulty effects lots of things, not just mob hp/damage. Some mini games are easier with timing, etc. VR missions/colloseum stuff are easier despite the match difficulty. The exception being the Brutal/Legendary stuff. Blue materia is make or break in HM at least for me, and learning good combinations and most importantly the tough mobs you'll fight in hard mode beforehand really helps. Gotterdammerung helps some, but honestly the gengji glove is the primo accessory im this game.

I got the EXP Up materia, didn't realize it affected everyone. That's cool. Yeah, one of these months I'll do the rest of the plat. Sounds like Hard is the last thing to do.