Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

khorum

Murder Apologist
I mean it's not like there's a race to world-firsts or anything. The new raid doesn't even award higher-ilevel gear until savage mode at the end of the month.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
New gear is i450, which is definitely higher than 440. Also the E4N... totally the anti-BLM fight and that's on normal mode. There isn't enough instants in the world to keep up with all that moving around.

khorum

Murder Apologist
New gear is i450, which is definitely higher than 440. Also the E4N... totally the anti-BLM fight and that's on normal mode. There isn't enough instants in the world to keep up with all that moving around.

Well you'd only replace the left-side gear except for the weapon and the belt (though I did get an ancient weapon token from Eden somewhere) since you can already get a 450 weapon and 450 accessories. There isn't enough resets between now and savage mode to actually fill out the left side to get from average ilevel 444 to 450 though. You can get helm and boots this week and then the BP or leggings next week then savage goes live.

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
You can skip ffxiv too, just they like to double dip

To be fair, the story behind this has been lost in the rise in popularity of the game. Square/Yoshi were against the story skip potions as they wanted people to play the story. It was customer demand that made them change course and the price being as high as it is was made to discourage people from using it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't wait to see the video for e4s myself. I still haven't learned all the tells for which part gets blasted.

Malkav

French Madman
yes, one or two shot all 4 fights

You say that now because, let's be honest, most of the people running stuff on reset day are the somewhat competent players.

Let's see how it goes when you have to run this with random week-end mouthbreathers from the Duty Finder.

It's like the alliance raids. NEVER run that on a Sunday, it turns out to be a clusterfuck most times. Running it Tuesday night though? Smooth sailing.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
You say that now because, let's be honest, most of the people running stuff on reset day are the somewhat competent players.

Let's see how it goes when you have to run this with random week-end mouthbreathers from the Duty Finder.

It's like the alliance raids. NEVER run that on a Sunday, it turns out to be a clusterfuck most times. Running it Tuesday night though? Smooth sailing.
You mean Tuesday morning at the weekly reset time. Smooth sailing for Orbonne Monastery at reset hours. Any other time? NOPE.

• 1Worf

Malkav

French Madman
You mean Tuesday morning at the weekly reset time. Smooth sailing for Orbonne Monastery at reset hours. Any other time? NOPE.

Tuesday evening is fine from my experience. The true horror is on the weekends.... I'm reminded of when it took me 4 hours to run Rabanastre/Lighthouse/Orbonne on a Sunday afternoon....The nightmares.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I did the raids right at release, smooth clears, only wiped to the "ah gotcha that's an instant wipe" mechanics. But then I was checking some streams a few hours later and people were dying over and over in E4N and E2N for example, and it looked awful.

The first fight is stupidly easy, and I want to say the 3rd one is very easy too once you know the one thing that matters, the 2nd fight is simple in theory but it goes against the usual reflexes so a lot of people fuck it up but the 4th fight will probably be a pain to clear when you get a bunch of shitters, cause there's quite a bunch of shit going on.

Fights aren't hard if you're any competent but pubs will definitely struggle for a while until this shit's outgeared a fair bit.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Last fight is hilarious the WoL must have a shitty memory if he remembers...

Titan morphing into a dune buggy and driving around the stage trying to kill you

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
How are tanks doing this expansion? Which tanks are in the best spot right now? I'd like to level one, but I have no preference. I'd just rather level the one that's whooping a hearty helping of ass right now.
I know I answered your question but Xeno goes into better detail and he has done every current content with all tanks at 80.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Everyone keeps saying you get banned for running ACT or even mentioning it in chat but I've rarely seen a streamer __NOT__ run ACT and It's always poorly blurred out during youtube videos and not only do those guys not get banned but they also get free tickets to fan fests and shit.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Everyone keeps saying you get banned for running ACT or even mentioning it in chat but I've rarely seen a streamer __NOT__ run ACT and It's always poorly blurred out during youtube videos and not only do those guys not get banned but they also get free tickets to fan fests and shit.
The thing with that I believe if someone is doing poor dps and if you comment about it cause of ACT then it's considered as a form of harassment. I tell you that your dps sucks, you need to do better, you don't and I kick you. Something like that you can get in trouble. They don't worry about anyone using it unless it becomes an issue.

khorum

Murder Apologist
It's easy but nothing in this game is LFR easy
I think an eligible group could go into Eden normal totally blind and take a couple wipes per fight to learn the mechanics---and that would actually be constructive. As opposed to LFR where noone could ever possibly wipe and nobody learns anything.