Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I think an eligible group could go into Eden normal totally blind and take a couple wipes per fight to learn the mechanics---and that would actually be constructive. As opposed to LFR where noone could ever possibly wipe and nobody learns anything.

agreed, Normals are a rehearsal for savages they show you mechanics and you can fuck up and lose the fight but it's for learning the real encounter.

LFR is literal mouth breathers collecting free items for clicking a button.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
agreed, Normals are a rehearsal for savages they show you mechanics and you can fuck up and lose the fight but it's for learning the real encounter.

LFR is literal mouth breathers collecting free items for clicking a button.

Frankly, Normal, LFR...it should all be clearable even by mouth breathers. There's a new level below that for people who can't see a mechanic kill them once...MAYBE twice, before realizing wtf. None of this movement save for some of the transitions for E4N come anywhere close to Titania Ex mechanics, and none of those are even hard, either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
Frankly, Normal, LFR...it should all be clearable even by mouth breathers. There's a new level below that for people who can't see a mechanic kill them once...MAYBE twice, before realizing wtf. None of this movement save for some of the transitions for E4N come anywhere close to Titania Ex mechanics, and none of those are even hard, either.

Yeah the 1 token per fight cap is probably tuned for the time when there are 12 bosses you can farm for tokens per week. As it is, titty/inny ex are the most reliable sources of upgrades.

Cybsled

4th Eden boss was rough. Took 20 attempts with the duty finder for everyone to get the mechanics down perfectly. I imagine it will be a lot less painful over the coming weeks.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So last night was gathering/crafting to level Goldsmith and Alchemist to 80, tonight was gathering/crafting to gear them up. I managed to get both of them in full white scrip gear. Since goldsmith is 80, I also crafted al accessories.

So aside from belt and some offhand, my carpenter, weaver, goldsmith and alchemist are pretty decently geared up.

I really like the look of the crafter's gear in this expansion so far.

Alchemist

Carpenter

Goldsmith

Weaver

The weaver and alchemist are my favorite so far. :)

• 1Like

Cybsled

Speaking of Eden, possible theory

So the attackers seemed to be from the 13th Shard/Void dimension, but presumably aren't demons. That would suggest not everyone died there. I wonder if Eden will end up being a means of restoring that shard after everything concludes?

As for the identity of the woman from that dimension, I hope it ends up being Rinoa or Ultimecia

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Speaking of Eden, possible theory

So the attackers seemed to be from the 13th Shard/Void dimension, but presumably aren't demons. That would suggest not everyone died there. I wonder if Eden will end up being a means of restoring that shard after everything concludes?

As for the identity of the woman from that dimension, I hope it ends up being Rinoa or Ultimecia
They already revealed some info months ago
Her name is Gaia, a hammer/mace wielder
FFXIV_PUB_FANFESTIVAL_2019_TOKYO_61.png

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
just finished story. good stuff. that last trial definitely trounces wow's 'LFR' category lol. extreme should be good

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Everyone keeps saying you get banned for running ACT or even mentioning it in chat but I've rarely seen a streamer __NOT__ run ACT and It's always poorly blurred out during youtube videos and not only do those guys not get banned but they also get free tickets to fan fests and shit.
It's not that ACT gets you banned, it doesn't. It's that it's technically against the ToS, and while it's tolerated, using it to diss other people isn't(well to their face at least). It isn't really different than the usual harassment rules though, don't be a dick to people because if they report you, you might get in trouble, just behave or leave basically. And even if you're right when you say the SAM is a piece of shit who doesn't know how to press his combos in order because ACT shows that, that's gonna get you in trouble, doubly so if it's from a 3rd party source.

But other than that no one gives a flying fuck and every single world first had ACT running, many with actual mechanic calls and shit too not just the DPS meters, and Square Enix is fine with that. Just don't use it as a tool to make fun of people(publicly).

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
It's rough, I hate doing roulettes because you run across so many fucking retards that do less dps than the healers and they do zero mechanics.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It reminds me of windowed for ffxi. For those unaware, ffxi forced itself fullscreen and locked you out from alt tabbing. The game was fullscreen all the time. Some dude made an app called windower that allowed you to either shrink the game screen or just be able to alt tab the game or whatever.

Every single person used it. Technically it was against tos. But who ever got banned for that?

Well,I did. I was typing in Japanese characters and someone reported me. The only way to switch my keyboard to JP was through windows so they knew it and I got a ban for it. Since it was my third strike I was gone.

Square has a track record of dumb shit

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
It reminds me of windowed for ffxi. For those unaware, ffxi forced itself fullscreen and locked you out from alt tabbing. The game was fullscreen all the time. Some dude made an app called windower that allowed you to either shrink the game screen or just be able to alt tab the game or whatever.

Every single person used it. Technically it was against tos. But who ever got banned for that?

Well,I did. I was typing in Japanese characters and someone reported me. The only way to switch my keyboard to JP was through windows so they knew it and I got a ban for it. Since it was my third strike I was gone.

Square has a track record of dumb shit
I Picard you cause I can't believe they banned you for that. People are botting, speed hacking and don't get banned for it. I love this game but some of their rules are just mind blowing.

• 1Worf

Needless

Toe Sucker
It's rough, I hate doing roulettes because you run across so many fucking retards that do less dps than the healers and they do zero mechanics.

Most i've done have been okay, but holy fuck it took every ounce of my inner being to not call this one healer for the level 30ish Titan fight an absolute braindead retard.
Literally healed maybe 10 times the entire fight lol

"You alright over there healer?"
tank starts white knighting immediately about his GF being new off of just saying that lol

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I Picard you cause I can't believe they banned you for that. People are botting, speed hacking and don't get banned for it. I love this game but some of their rules are just mind blowing.
Technically I broke TOS - so I can't get too salty. And I egregiously broke them, there was no way around it. Plus it was my third strike. But it was a dumbass rule.

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I got a buddy who has leveled tons of characters to 80 bitting with the trust system.

Just turns it on at night and they chain run dungeons. Bots leveling with AI bots.

Doesn't effect players in any way shape or form and he gives us all the mini pets he collects while he sleeps.

I'm pretty anti cheat and I'd never do it myself but leveling a character while you sleep seems nice.